4.0 out of 5 stars Great for tall ladies :)
Published 18 months ago by Katelyn Wood

2.0 out of 5 stars Too long for petites
This looks great online but in reality if you are under 5'5 the length is way too long...hits my knees almost. The color is nice and I have bought Columbia fleeces for years. I just returned this item and will be reordering the regular length fleece.
Published 19 months ago by Sjohn728

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for tall ladies :), October 12, 2012
This review is from: Columbia Women's Benton Springs Long Hoodie (Apparel)
I'm 5'10" and have trouble finding light jackets that stay at my hips when I move around. On me, this jacket falls about 3/4ths of the way down my butt - perfect for me. Sleeves line up nicely with the top of my knuckles on my hands. The arm opening is slightly larger than the rest of the arm, by a few inches. So your wrists might get a little chilly depending on the weather... pair it with some mittens or use the zippered pockets (they're big and warm!). The hood is very large, if I sit up perfectly straight the top goes over my eyes and touches the tip of my nose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, April 19, 2013
I am 5'8 and usually wear a size 10/12. I ordered a size Large & it fits me perfectly.
I have longer arms so the sleeves are great!
I like that it is longer to cover my rear.
I do not find the sleeves openings excessive like others have said.
This is not something that you would exercise in tho, too fitted.
The black is more of a dark grey but I knew that from other reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, cozy, flattering fit, November 16, 2012
I ordered this in small, fits very nicely. I happen to be long-limbed for being on the short side: long arms, long legs, short torso. Being 5'3" and 123 lbs., I was apprehensive this jacket would look like a dress. It doesn't run too long, hits the mid-rump area, not down to the thighs as I've read in some reviews. The sleeves are not short at all! I actually had to roll them up. This runs true to size, I may have gotten away with purchasing an XS but the S gives ample room for wearing a sweater. I wore this on a 25 degree morning, and other than having to wear mittens, this jacket kept me warm and cozy. The plum shade is gorgeous, a deep blackberry color (one of my favs). This is a nice casual jacket, perfect for shopping, on the go errands, hanging out at the football game. I like the hood and the zipper goes up to the chin. One thing to note, only the hood is lined. Columbia has great products, I purchase these for my family every year. The tapered fit of this Columbia jacket is quite flattering and feminine, whereas my original Columbia jacket is boxy and more or less poochie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Flattering fleece jacket, tight on top, July 18, 2013
momof3 (Claremont, CA) - See all my reviews
I like this jacket very much - it is long enough to cover me in a flattering way, the fleece is high quality, and the color (smoky black) is fabulous. I love the drape of the hood. I don't wear the hood up but it looks very nice folded down and makes a flattering collar shape. I love the waist effect - tapered in and skinny-looking. I actually own 2 of these jackets, one in size medium and one in size large. I am about 5'10", 150 lbs, and very small on top but the medium is very tight across the chest. So, I bought another in size large. The large fits well on top but the jacket is much, much wider on the bottom and not so flattering on me. If you have a large bottom, this jacket will probably fit you well and flatter your shape. If you have a large chest, you will might find both sizes too tight. I am happy with the jacket, it looks so much better on me than other fleece coats out there which are sportier and shorter in the waist, I just wish it fit my particular shape a bit better. Hopefully it will fit your shape!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, April 22, 2013
Toluca Moon (Mission Viejo, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I was very hesitant to order this hoodie because of the many reviews noting strange fit problems. It was just what I was looking for, style and fabric-wise, though, so I went ahead and ordered, hoping.... I am 5' 3-1/2" and weigh 135 lbs, and the medium size fits nicely, even somewhat generously through the waist, though I would have preferred a more fitted silhouette. Not overly big or small anywhere, though, except the sleeves, which are about 2 inches long on me. I could hem them, but think I will keep them long to warm my hands when needed. The black really is more of a charcoal color, as stated by other reviewers, so I wasn't surprised, though a true black would have been my preference. I should get a lot of use out of this hoodie, so durability will be the next test!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too long for petites, September 15, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves this jacket!, October 31, 2012
This jacket is, to me, a HUGE improvement over her previous fleece jacket because it is fitted. My wife has a waist, and the previous jacket made her look like she had a little bit of a belly. This one doesn't, so that's good. (Take note, ladies! ha!)

The longer length in both the body and the sleeves are also a welcome departure from the previous jacket -- this jacket looks like it fits much better on her.

Four stars because I think that the description is a little misleading... I thought that the whole jacket was lined, but only the hood is lined with nylon.

4.0 out of 5 stars great buy for 30 bucks, May 14, 2013
The arms are a little long but nothing that needs altered or rolled up. I felt that the sea salt color was a little too see-thru, so i sent it back. I ordered a large and extra large (my usual size and next size up) - sometimes I like to size up to get more room. Turns out this isn't the type of jacket you can size up with... it's meant to be fitted, and a bigger size just looks sloppy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits great and looks great too!, March 26, 2013
I was looking for an inexpensive fleece jacket that I could use for walking the dog. I looked at a ton of jackets, many of which were very nice, but most were much more than I wanted to spend. Then I found this jacket. I'm sure that it will be great for walking and will also transition into a casual, lightweight coat to wear when running errands or even going out with friends.
I just received the jacket yesterday and wore it twice today. I can't speak to wear and tear, but it is a comfortable, soft, lightweight fleece. After viewing a youtube video of a model wearing it, I decided to order a medium. The fit is very good: I'm 5'7" and 155 lbs. I usually wear a M/L or 10/12 depending on the cut. It's a bit snug in the chest, but I'm a 36 DDD, so I expect that with most fitted tops. The sleeves are a tiny bit wide and long, but certainly not "bell" shaped or covering my hands, as I read in other reviews. I also had no problems with the shoulder/arm holes being tight. I could wear a sweater under it, but I definitely think that it will be more comfortable with a light shirt, which will be fine with me, as I bought the jacket for spring and fall weather. I got the black and found, like other reviewers, that it is a somewhat charcoal-colored black. I'm very happy with this purchase and, if this one holds up, I may buy another color. A great deal at $40.

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, October 17, 2012
EKS (santa monica) - See all my reviews
Really happy with this jacket. The cut is nice. It is not too long as the other reviewer stated. I'm 5"5 and it comes just below my butt. I got the small and it's a little roomy but still flattering. Would love to try the XS but happy enough with the small.

ARRAY(0xd9de3c14)