Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Columbia Women's Benton Springs Vest
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 5, 2013
I am really grateful for those who took the time to place a review! I am a size 12/14 and am a 38C --- normally I always order XL but I read the reviews and ordered a L --- Not really expecting this to fit, or to be pretty tight in the chest/waist.
Hey fits wonderfully! So glad I paid attention to the reviews. The length is great also. It seems to keep me pretty warm, but as the day gets sunnier I don't get hot. I have worn this at least 50 times and washed it 10 or so and it looks brand new. I do line dry however.
55 comments|212 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2011
I just got my vest, so I've yet to find out how it withstands to multiple washes. But one thing I really liked about the vest is that in has not only two zippered front pockets, but also two large inside pockets that are perfect for an ipod or any other thing that you don't want bulking up the outside pockets.
I would've liked it to be about half an inch longer, but it's an XS and that's not really a deal breaker - it's still long enough to not have to worry about wind blowing up your back.
All in all, I definitely would not have paid full price for it, but for the $19 it cost me it's a great piece of dog walking/hiking clothing that will hopefully last a couple of seasons.
0Comment|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2011
I bought these vests because it was looking for a vest with zipped pockets. They do run a it large - I would recommend a size smaller if you don't want a baggy fit. Otherwise, they wash well, keep their colour, soft, comfy and the pockets work great.
0Comment|109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2014
After reading the reviews, I decided to go with a size smaller! This was for my granddaughter, 5'6" size 10-12. Medium fits her perfectly! She normally wears a large, but I went with what everyone commented and got medium. It gives a fitted look and is not tight....more importanly, it is not boxy or too large. It is not super heavyweight, other columbia models would be better if you want super thickness. This needed to fit under a coat to provide just a tad bit of warmth at the core. Will change review if the product doesn't hold up well or if there are any problems.
on December 23, 2011
I ordered this Vest for my wife as a Christmas gift. She's been trying to wear my vest a lot now that it's winter. I ordered this vest in Black. I immediately noticed how light weight this vest is. I was quite surprised by this. When holding the vest up in the air you can see light right through the vest material (I'm talking indoor light, not direct sunlight). There's no lining material of any sort.

It's now 2 days before Christmas so I don't have time to return this. So I'm going to have to give it to her and tell her I'll get something better.

More than likely going to have to return this vest. Considering it has a retail price tag on the vest @ $45 I'm not very impressed with the thin material.

For those in warmer weather, the vest would make a decently attractive accent piece. But don't rely on it for extra warmth as an outside layer.
on September 10, 2014
This is a flattering, longer style vest. I purchased this vest locally last year in an X-Large and it is a little bit bigger than the one I just purchased from Amazon. This vest is unlined and extremely flattering for those that are trying to hide tummy & hips. I work in an office that is cold in the winter so I wear a lot of vests and this one is my favorite. This is a cozy vest but not overly warm so if you are purchasing this for outside wear keep in mind that its more of a fall and spring vest than a winter vest. I typically wear a size 16 on top and the X-large is perfect. You can't beat the price and the colors are beautiful.
on February 3, 2011
This is a great and very soft layering piece. It's a nice medium weight for those cool morning runs, when a jacket is too much. Sizing seems a little big under the arms, and the material is stretchy, you may consider a smaller size if you are on the edge between sizes. I really love my vest!
on January 13, 2011
WARNING - The Meadow Green color is muuuch more lime than the picture shows! I love Columbia Sportswear items, but these vests to run a bit large. I wear an extra-small in their regular Benton Springs Fleece Jackets, but their vests are larger. It's probably because the regular jackets have elastic in the hips and these do not.

Quality of the product is great. I really love the Tarte color. It's less of a shocking color than it looks on the screen.
33 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2015
Ordered the black vest, but what I received was a dark charcoal looking color. In the photo my pants are black. So you can see the difference.
review image
on September 5, 2014
I now own 9 Columbia Benton Springs Vests. The secure zippered pockets mean that the vest can double as a purse! The weight is just right to keep the body warm while the arms are free to pursue movement activities. I work at an Assisted Living facility, and use the vest every day. It pulls work outfits together, provides good pockets for all my essentials, and the colors are just smashing. I get daily complements and several people have ordered these vests after seeing mine. They also launder really well.