Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Columbia Women's Bugaboo Interchange Jacket, Black, Large
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 21, 2012
I was a little anxious because of the sizing issues that many customers had, but this jacket fits great! I am 5'3 and 105 lbs and I ordered a Small. I have a bit of layering room in the Small size, so that I can wear sweaters and scarves underneath. However, if you're my size and looking for a more "fitted" jacket then order an X-Small! Either way, this jacket is GREAT quality, cozy, and really warm. And all for such a great price, I am so happy!
on October 19, 2012
I had a Columbia parka-type coat that was very warm, but sometimes too warm. So when looking for a replacement (I had my old one for about 10yrs) I wanted a more versatile coat, so on winter days when it got slightly warm, I would be able to take off a layer, or shell, and be comfortable. I came across this coat on Amazon and then verified the features on the Columbia website. So far, I like the coat, although I have not had a chance yet to see how warm I'll be on those cold winter days. The only problem I have is that I'm fatter than I thought. I ordered a medium and judging by the size chart, I thought I'd have a little room inside the coat. It fits very well, almost snug, and I may not be able to fit in it if I am wearing a thick sweater. I would return it for a large, but the sleeves are rather long, so with a large, I'm afraid the sleeves would be too long. I have kinda long arms, and the medium sleeves still hang past my wrists. All in all though, I'm happy with the coat.
on November 4, 2012
Love this coat. I have received a few compliments on it. I have it in red. It is smaller then my L I purchased 8 years ago but I think it's b/c the coat is designed for skiing/snowboarding (where you wear form fitting layers underneath). Now my old coat I could fit a sweatshirt on with both layers of the coat, but with the new coat I cannot. The linner is very form fitting and so is the coat. It's very flattering compared to my old Columbia L coat. I like it. I can still wear long sleeve (non bulky) shirts or sweaters underneath. The fleece liner is very attractive as well. Happy with my purchase.
on December 22, 2012
Beautiful Jacket. Wife loved the way it looked but there is no way this is an XL size jacket. Tight in the arms/shoulders. Can't even get it around to zip it up. Might be an extra large if you are built like a moderatly well fed Ethiopian. if you are full figured or large chested it likely won"t. Sadly have to return it and try to find an appropriately sized jacket.
on November 27, 2012
Definitely runs small..I agree with other reviewers it's most likely because it's made for skiing/snowboarding. I tried one on in an REI store so I knew to go up a size but still ordering the large I will not be able to wear bulky sweaters with the liner in but I'm ok with that. I think this coat will be warm and live up to my expectations to get me through the winter (I live in the southeast). I ordered it in the blue and love it. It's a royal blue, kinda bright but not overly so - it is not a dark or navy blue so if that is what you are looking for this is not that shade. I gave it 4 stars only because the sizing runs so small. I usually wear a 6-8 - I could even go up to an XL in order to accommodate sweaters better but then the sleeves would be too long. You can't go wrong w/this coat and the price is much better than in the stores.
on December 30, 2012
Bought a L for my wife as a Christmas present. The day it arrived I tried it on as we are a similar size. We are both 5'8", active. The arms were tight! Couldn't bend them without losing circulation. So I knew it had to go back before she opened it which really lessened my excitement about giving it to her. She LOVED the color and pattern (hence the 2 stars, overall deserves less), but the fit was off. We also tried an XL at REI and the only part that was bigger was body of the coat, the arms were about the same tightness. The problem is with the liner, because the shell appears to be sized correctly. She tried other Columbia jackets and sadly, all were tight in the same places, terrible design. It is hard to be active in these jackets. Also, I have personally owned a Bugaboo a few years ago and the newer design feels cheaper. Thinner outer fabric, less insulation.... The last few Columbia coats have just been OK , I think it is time to look elsewhere..... On another note, her North Face Denali fits perfect, it is a L.
on February 28, 2013
I absolutely love this jacket! I was looking for something to wear all day outside during the winter as I work at a garden center that was selling Christmas trees during the Christmas season. As other reviews suggested, I ordered an xl when I'd normally get a medium size in most things. I'm very glad I did. The xl is baggy on my alone, but fits perfectly when I wear another zip up jacket underneath. It has a fleecy layer underneath and a wind proof, water "proof" layer on top. I wear the layers unconnected so that if I get hot I can pull one off.

I've had the jacket for 4 months and it has held up excellently. I expect it to last many years. It's lightweight and much more attractive than many winter parkas.

The top layer is absolutely wind proof. I wore it in extremely gusty weather in Ireland this spring, winds so strong they physically push you, and nothing got through. The hood is easily detachable with a zipper and velcro and cinches very tight to block wind, too. The hood also has a little lip on the top of it, which keeps rain from dripping on your face. As for waterproofness, I think in a downpour you would still get wet...I have been in long, drizzly rains and it keeps out the rain very well. In the few harder rains, not downpours, I've been out in, the outer layer gets wet through, but it didn't make it to my skin.

The jacket is VERY warm. I like to wear a fleece sweatshirt jacket underneath if I'm out all day or if it's freezing weather. Another great thing is that it has zipper pockets on the outside and inside layers to keep your things from falling out. Also, both outer and inner layers cinch at the bottom to keep wind and cold out.

My one con is that the elastic bands in the hood and bottom of the coat and liner are kelley green instead of black, so it looks kind of stupid when you have something cinched tight as there is a bright green band hanging about. That wouldn't keep me from ordering another one if I needed it someday though.
on December 12, 2012
I read the reviews before I bought the jacket & they seemed to stress " true to size" & "cold weather" gear was what I found it under.. I am 5'2" and weigh 128 lbs. - I bought the medium because I have broad shoulders. The jacket is too snug in the arms /shoulders with both layers & way too big with only one, whether it's the inner or outter "shell". I can't wear a "regular" sweater underneath both layers because it is so snug & one layer isn't warm enough for NE weather . Even wearing both layers - I've found that the jacket is not warm enough when it's 32 degrees out. Especially when it's windy. I Love the coat colors, design and fit when I wear one layer - but, it's only suitable for the Fall here in NE . NOT a Winter jacket - which is what I really needed and thought I was buying.
on December 18, 2012
I like this jacket - very versatile. I haven't been out in cold weather yet with it though. I do like using it as two separate jackets and often wear the inner fleece around the office (it's quite fashionable - I love the red!).

My only qualm is that they tried to make the zipper flap the exact size to cover the zipper. But it may be better as one long flap since it frequently gets stuck when trying to open or close the zipper. So be careful about it because it can be frustrating.
on December 29, 2012
I had previously bought another Columbia 3 in 1 parka an returned it because it was the cheapest made Columbia parka I've ever seen-wrinkly looking and thin fabric-don't remember the model. So I decided to get the tried and true Bugaboo parka and indeed the quality is much better. The liner jacket is just a fleece (unlike my older parka where the liner jacket is a lined, full featured -as far as pockets, etc-very nice jacket. The shell fabric on this one is very nice and the omni-tech water proofing system works great. The zippers are good quality. All in all a wonderful, nice looking, quality made jacket. Now the fit. This is my 5th Columbia ski parka and I wear large. Large has always been a perfect fit for me with room for a fleece or sweater-NO MORE Columbia's sizing is terrible. Maybe if you are EXTREMELY PEAR SHAPED you could be comfortable in the jacket. For me---I have inches of extra space around the bottom---no problem at all getting the zipper started, but I can barely zip it thru my midriff and bust. I will never be able to wear both jackets zipped together-that is too much bulk to zip. As another reviewer noted, I won't exchange for XL because the sleeves are already too long. I wear it under a ski patrol vest so it will be OK, but I won't be able to use it for casual or zipped together. I'm very disappointed. Columbia needs a sizing system that is accommodating of more body types.