5.0 out of 5 stars So Happy With This Jacket!
Published 20 months ago by AveryC

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I epxected
I read the reviews before I bought the jacket & they seemed to stress " true to size" & "cold weather" gear was what I found it under.. I am 5'2" and weigh 128 lbs. - I bought the medium because I have broad shoulders. The jacket is too snug in the arms /shoulders with both layers & way too big with only one, whether it's the inner or outter...
Published 20 months ago by Virginia

5.0 out of 5 stars So Happy With This Jacket!, December 21, 2012
This review is from: Columbia Women's Bugaboo Interchange Jacket (Apparel)
I was a little anxious because of the sizing issues that many customers had, but this jacket fits great! I am 5'3 and 105 lbs and I ordered a Small. I have a bit of layering room in the Small size, so that I can wear sweaters and scarves underneath. However, if you're my size and looking for a more "fitted" jacket then order an X-Small! Either way, this jacket is GREAT quality, cozy, and really warm. And all for such a great price, I am so happy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice coat, great price, October 19, 2012
I had a Columbia parka-type coat that was very warm, but sometimes too warm. So when looking for a replacement (I had my old one for about 10yrs) I wanted a more versatile coat, so on winter days when it got slightly warm, I would be able to take off a layer, or shell, and be comfortable. I came across this coat on Amazon and then verified the features on the Columbia website. So far, I like the coat, although I have not had a chance yet to see how warm I'll be on those cold winter days. The only problem I have is that I'm fatter than I thought. I ordered a medium and judging by the size chart, I thought I'd have a little room inside the coat. It fits very well, almost snug, and I may not be able to fit in it if I am wearing a thick sweater. I would return it for a large, but the sleeves are rather long, so with a large, I'm afraid the sleeves would be too long. I have kinda long arms, and the medium sleeves still hang past my wrists. All in all though, I'm happy with the coat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but there's a reason, November 4, 2012
Love this coat. I have received a few compliments on it. I have it in red. It is smaller then my L I purchased 8 years ago but I think it's b/c the coat is designed for skiing/snowboarding (where you wear form fitting layers underneath). Now my old coat I could fit a sweatshirt on with both layers of the coat, but with the new coat I cannot. The linner is very form fitting and so is the coat. It's very flattering compared to my old Columbia L coat. I like it. I can still wear long sleeve (non bulky) shirts or sweaters underneath. The fleece liner is very attractive as well. Happy with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars womens interchange jacket, November 9, 2012
I ordered a large due to broad shoulders,,,, this is fitted,,, so you might want to go up a size. : o ) great quality jacket though. : O )

4.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket but very narrow in the shoulders, January 22, 2013
M. Mintz (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I own lots of different Columbia jackets (fleece, parka, rain, etc.) and have never had a problem with them being tight in the shoulders until now. This jacket is very snug in the shoulders. Unfortunately, the rest of jacket fits well so I can't really go up a size for the shoulders unless I want the rest to be too big. The sleeves are on the long side but it is nice if you are using the jacket for skiing as it really covers the cuff of your gloves and prevents wind/snow from getting in. Also nice is that if you zip the jacket all the way up it very comfortably covers your neck from the chilly wind without being claustrophobic or unfashionable looking (great for skiing). The color, quality, and style are great. I ordered the fuse green and it is a really great green. Overall, I am happy with the purchase just a little irritated by the shoulders. I expect this jacket will last me many great seasons of skiing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with coat but..., November 27, 2012
CLW17 (Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews
Definitely runs small..I agree with other reviewers it's most likely because it's made for skiing/snowboarding. I tried one on in an REI store so I knew to go up a size but still ordering the large I will not be able to wear bulky sweaters with the liner in but I'm ok with that. I think this coat will be warm and live up to my expectations to get me through the winter (I live in the southeast). I ordered it in the blue and love it. It's a royal blue, kinda bright but not overly so - it is not a dark or navy blue so if that is what you are looking for this is not that shade. I gave it 4 stars only because the sizing runs so small. I usually wear a 6-8 - I could even go up to an XL in order to accommodate sweaters better but then the sleeves would be too long. You can't go wrong w/this coat and the price is much better than in the stores.

4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful product but sizing way off!, December 22, 2012
Beautiful Jacket. Wife loved the way it looked but there is no way this is an XL size jacket. Tight in the arms/shoulders. Can't even get it around to zip it up. Might be an extra large if you are built like a moderatly well fed Ethiopian. if you are full figured or large chested it likely won"t. Sadly have to return it and try to find an appropriately sized jacket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh so warm, February 28, 2013
I absolutely love this jacket! I was looking for something to wear all day outside during the winter as I work at a garden center that was selling Christmas trees during the Christmas season. As other reviews suggested, I ordered an xl when I'd normally get a medium size in most things. I'm very glad I did. The xl is baggy on my alone, but fits perfectly when I wear another zip up jacket underneath. It has a fleecy layer underneath and a wind proof, water "proof" layer on top. I wear the layers unconnected so that if I get hot I can pull one off.

I've had the jacket for 4 months and it has held up excellently. I expect it to last many years. It's lightweight and much more attractive than many winter parkas.

The top layer is absolutely wind proof. I wore it in extremely gusty weather in Ireland this spring, winds so strong they physically push you, and nothing got through. The hood is easily detachable with a zipper and velcro and cinches very tight to block wind, too. The hood also has a little lip on the top of it, which keeps rain from dripping on your face. As for waterproofness, I think in a downpour you would still get wet...I have been in long, drizzly rains and it keeps out the rain very well. In the few harder rains, not downpours, I've been out in, the outer layer gets wet through, but it didn't make it to my skin.

The jacket is VERY warm. I like to wear a fleece sweatshirt jacket underneath if I'm out all day or if it's freezing weather. Another great thing is that it has zipper pockets on the outside and inside layers to keep your things from falling out. Also, both outer and inner layers cinch at the bottom to keep wind and cold out.

My one con is that the elastic bands in the hood and bottom of the coat and liner are kelley green instead of black, so it looks kind of stupid when you have something cinched tight as there is a bright green band hanging about. That wouldn't keep me from ordering another one if I needed it someday though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket but tight in arms, April 1, 2013
Fish (Prior Lake, MN, US) - See all my reviews
Jacket itself was nice but the arms were tight when wearing a sweater and long sleeve shirt - and unfortunately due to living in a cold climate and work place can be chilly often wear layers of clothing to stay warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice winter jacket, March 13, 2013
The Bugaboo jacket is very warm and the hood and lining come off easily. The only problem is it runs very small; I wear a medium and had to get a large. I love the quality.

Columbia Women's Bugaboo Interchange Jacket, Black, Small