5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent baselayer
Wore this while in training throughout winter. I was out as low as 15 degrees and with wind up to 20mph, and it kept me warm on every run!
Published 19 months ago by Natalie Brauchle

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's the FLEECE????
Published on December 20, 2012 by Catherine Siena

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's the FLEECE????, December 20, 2012
I own fleece P.Js, fleece gloves, hats, robe, scarf..........Hey Columbia....this silky polyester 1/2 zip is NOT fleece. I even had to look on the product tag to make sure I'd been shipped the right item. Yep...sure enough, the Columbia tag read: 1/2 zip fleece. So, folks, if you think your are getting a fabric that is soft, cozy and cushy...think again. The chilly, silky polyester attracts the cold instead of warming you like the Omni-Heat technology claims. The lining is somewhat warm, but the silky outer layer is chilly. I'll have to wear a sweater over this garment to kick-in the Omni-Heat feature. PLUS..........the fit is awkward. Underarm gussets allow for freedom of movement on the slopes. Well, Columbia has excessively allowed a roomy space there and it bunches up under the arm while being tight across the bust. I wear a size 10 top which should be a medium. Knowing Columbia and that they cut all their garments small, I ordered the extra large. The Large I would have fit tighter in the arms, but spanned me too much in the hip and bust. Keep in mind, I'm only a size 10. Terrible sizing here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent baselayer, May 27, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked great in -4 degree weather, March 9, 2013
I got this for my wife who is always cold when we go on outdoor adventures. We were planning a trip to Jackson Hole and to the elk refuge. It was - 4 degrees the morning we went on the sleigh ride and she had this, a tshirt, and a powder coat and said she was completely warm. I have high hopes this will be the base later that finally jeeps her warm around camp and on morning hikes.

Like other reviews, I'm not sure why they call this a fleece jacket because it's not fuzzy like fleece. It feels like a soft under armor type cloth that is very comfortable against the skin.

It is a bit pricey but fortunately amazon sells it for much cheaper than retail. I wouldn't spend full price on it but at amazon's price point it is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE This Top!!!, December 30, 2012
I am glad I didn't see the only other review about this top, or I might not have asked for this for Christmas, and I am so glad I got it!

True, you won't take this out of the package and say "that feels and looks like fleece". But, once you try it on, you'll wonder how they magically made it feel like fleece against your skin, even though it doesn't look like fleece at all. For me the warmth was great. I wore just it and my windproof ski shell on a 35-40 F degree day (just out and about, not on the slopes) and was perfectly warm. But really it's sold as a baselayer if its colder than 30, and you're outside just standing around, you might want another layer. I'm not sure how well this will do with skiing yet, but I plan to try it out tomorrow.

I am 5'4, wear a 34B bra size and normally wear small or medium tops in most brands. A medium fit me fine, I didn't notice extra material under the arms, but it isn't tight under my arms.

I also got the Columbia fleece tights and they are, hands down, my favorite Christmas present. I am always cold...but not this year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not the fleece you're expecting..., June 13, 2013
J. Phillips (Fort Worth, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
First off, extreme fleece isn't the same as your favorite fleece pajamas. It's smooth but just as warm and doesn't pill up. I was looking for something between a shirt and a jacket to wear over tshirts when it's cool out and this was perfect. I've had it a few months now and just ordered another. I normally wear a large to an extra large but ordered up since there's not a lot of give in extreme fleece. I compared it to Under Armour 2.0 and 3.0 and decided on this. They say you can wear this alone but I don't think it would be warm enough for that. It's best, to me, as an "overshirt".

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, January 12, 2013
For the price and a Columbia brand product, I was very disappointed in the quality of this product. Upon opening the package, there were already threads coming out from the seams in several areas. In addition, the craftsmanship in the thumb hole area is very poor.

The "extreme" seems to be gimmicky; I checked several times to ensure that the correct product was sent since it did not feel fleecy. The reason for this is the Omni-Heat dots on the interior leaving it not soft. However, since I accidentally punctured it but running into a sharp corner and fluff came out, fleecy material is in there, albeit thin. The outer material is slick and feels like waterproof material.

The Omni-Wick technology is either missing or very poor while the Omni-Heat is very nice - I wear this casually and rarely sweat (I only sweat when I'm working out) and found myself sweating with this on. However, I also found myself cold due to the moisture remaining on my body.

This product is true to size. I'm XS on top and I ordered up so that I could wear layers underneath (sweat referenced above was not on the layers I wore underneath).

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
i love it

4.0 out of 5 stars as expectsd, January 7, 2014
We got one size bigger so it is more comfy also It's fine for my wife who wants it looser

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the purchase, July 29, 2013
I wore this shirt in temperatures in the low 30's and was relatively comfortable. For the price, it's a great article of clothing.

3.0 out of 5 stars tight, July 25, 2013
the shirt looks nice-but the arms are for tiny thin arms-bulky bigger arms are too tight -like the shirt not the sleeves need to make them a little more roomy