Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Columbia Women's Helvatia Hiking Shoe
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on February 3, 2014
For the past few years, I have been buying this shoe and/or its predecessors (although the shoe looks exactly the same each year, Columbia has occasionally changed the name). I put a ton of miles of these shoes each year and have noticed a drop in quality with the past 2 pairs I've bought. One pair used to last from spring through fall with no problem. My most recent pair is my last though. Midway through summer, the sole started to separate in a number of areas (toe, heel, side). The pair before started to fall apart too but lasted a couple of weeks longer.

As long as you are using them for occasional use, they are fine. Just don't expect them to last.
on February 9, 2015
Fantastic pair of hiking shoes! Warm enough to wear in winter and cool enough to be comfortable in the summer heat, too! They fit me perfectly, and did an 8 mile hike with 1.5 mile rock scramble in these the first time I wore them out; no blisters, excellent traction (even in damp conditions), and no sore, battered soles at the end of the day. I was really impressed and having been wearing happily for many miles since!
on August 25, 2014
Bought this babies to hike/walk around Arizona for a week. Fit perfectly, didn't toast my feet and I remained blister free all week. These also have excellent grip.

If you are looking for a light, comfortable, attractive hiking shoe, these are great!

If you are looking for ankle support/will be doing some hard-core trekking- you might want to consider a higher, heavier boot.
on July 7, 2014
I ordered these shoes a half size bigger and was very pleased that the fit was perfect. I haven't broken the shoes in yet outside but walking around the house with them for a few hours I found them to be quite comfortable.
on February 4, 2014
I have been buying this brand for several years now because they fit so well and hold up under use. This is the first time I had to buy them online, as I can no longer find a store in my area that carries them. I wasn't sure how to identify which sneaker was like the ones I had been buying, so I just randomly picked this particular trail shoe since I like to hike a lot. As expected I found the sneakers to fit my feet very well. They tend to have a bit more room in them than other brands, which I need because I do not like tight slim sneakers. They also have very good arch support which I need.
on January 29, 2016
These shoes have the best traction at the bottom of the shoe & comfortable foot cushioning inside. The many reviewers are so correct with this one. I really love the charcoal color with a lighter grayish shell color (but not too light) I wear between 6.5 - 7 shoes, therefore anyone who may be a true 7, this shoe may possibly fit too snug. The left shoe is slightly tighter near my large toe & the right shoe has more room at the entire toe box which is the most comfortable of the two. My order arrived a day early👏
on April 23, 2015
I do like them. I've been wearing them for the past few days b/c I'm getting ready to go on a hiking vacation trip and need to break them in. I have a high arch and they've provided enough support for my arches. I have slight outer bunions on my feet and the width is accmodating without pinching or causing a blister in between my pinky toe and the next one - this is good. The soles are well constructed and flexible. Plus they're pretty cute. They're not gross neon colors. They'll go with capris, shorts, skorts, jeans and probably lederhosen - if you wanted to be brave about it.
on March 14, 2016
Bought these for a road trip that included hiking everyday for a week. I was a little worried as these were shipped in the day before I left for my trip so the only "breaking in the shoes" I did was just walking around the house in the morning while I was packing.

These shoes held up pretty well. The hike was pretty dusty but the shoes never really seemed to get dirty, which is a plus. Also wore these on a snow trail that had occasional ice... not a good idea. These shoes aren't meant for them to begin with and growing up in a place that never snowed didn't help me either when it came to balance.

Just stick to the dry trails (plus these shoes aren't waterproof, although I never noticed my feet being wet after walking through snow).
on March 20, 2016
these are really comfortable shoes. Just wore them for a long hike and they felt comfortable throughout. I could also run in them on the trail which is nice as compared to strictly a hiking shoe. very versatile, good for traveling hiking trips.
on April 18, 2016
I really like these shoes - these are my second pair. The first pair is still in good shape, at 2 years, worn several times a week. The only problem I had with the first pair is that on the outside of the black toe kick/reinforced area a little hole appeared on the outside, on both shoes. Could be just how they wore with my foot; not sure. Worth it though, especially at the sale price. Work well for all day shopping or light hiking, and everything in between.