5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!
I absolutely love this hat. It is exactly what I was looking for to run in the cold, wet winter weather. I've used it in the rain, the snow, and just the plain cold. The ponytail hole in the back is in just the right place. It fits perfectly. I love it and am planning to buy these hats for my daughters who play competitive soccer.
Published on February 3, 2012 by walker4164

2.0 out of 5 stars looks nice but did not fit
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 3, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hat for winter training, December 5, 2011
Mama Wicks (Virginia Beach, VA) - See all my reviews
I'm training for a half marathon over the winter and this hat is a must have for really cold days. Love the ponytail peek-a-boo in the back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cap!, March 14, 2012
This is a great looking item and it keeps you toasty warm. What I like best is that it doesn't seem to have that stocking-hat-itchy-head thing going on. Worth the price and will last a long time if you take care of it.

2.0 out of 5 stars looks nice but did not fit, November 21, 2012
Amazon Customer "misseuropa" (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Columbia Women's Hit The Trail Beanie (Apparel)
When I pulled the L/XL down over my ears, which is how I would wear this to run, the seam of the hat's band sat right on top of my ears. It was really very uncomfortable. My head is 23 in. circumference. I do not normally have trouble fitting in a regular or one size hats that are made of fabric with any give in them. I do acknowledge that my head is larger than most women's heads, but normally I would also fit in a hat marked 'large' for adults. I also more often than not also fit into 'one size' hats which are structured.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for running, March 4, 2013
I really like this hat, good fit, perfect thickness, The ponytail hole is a little low for my taste. Love the color

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a hat you can wear your hair up with!, February 19, 2013
Bes (Las Vegas) - See all my reviews
Purchased hat for so cal tough mudder in February. It was perfect. Stayed in place and kept me warm throughout the entire race. The hole in the back is perfect for a low ponytail.

2.0 out of 5 stars Upside down, February 6, 2013
The beanie was mostly what I expected, but the logo tag came upside down like a knockoff or something.
It also seems a bit small like it should fit someone with no or very little hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cold-weather hat!!, February 5, 2013
This has been a great addition to my winter running wardrobe. Keeps me totally warm and didn't expect the ponytail hole, but it works for me!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Who's head did they model this on?, January 29, 2013
This review is from: Columbia Women's Hit The Trail Beanie (Apparel)
I bought this hat because in addition to the ponytail hole, it was thin, light, and it seemed excellent for exercising outside, which I do frequently. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. I have a smaller head than most (some of my best hats are made for children), and I still needed a large because the small was soo small. The large is still quite tight, but not to the point where it's unreasonable. I guess it's so it doesn't fall off when the wearer is running. However, when I tried mine on, the hat covered my eyes and went all the way to the bottom of my neck in the back; the ponytail hole was at the bottom of my head. I can't say the same for others, but when I exercise, I make a high ponytail. Even if the front of the hat fit, the ponytail hole is too low too use properly, and the hat becomes like any other hat that smushes it down. I tried to see if folding the bottom of the hat up would help, but it just makes it look very odd. Columbia must have used a model with a really tall and narrow skull because I don't see how this could fit anyone very well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sized too small., December 26, 2012
D. M. Baker (Steamburg, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I ordered a Large-X large and could were it. No stretch fabric made it way too tight. Hat quality was okay, but size had to be way off.

Columbia Women's Hit The Trail Beanie