5.0 out of 5 stars practical, looks great, & more than expected
Published on October 20, 2012 by Mel

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Me
If you're looking for a simple, casual rain jacket and can snag this for less than its original price tag, I say it's worth it.
While it lacks features I prefer (stow-away hood, storm flap over zipper, internal pocket), it does have an adjustable hood and zippered hand pockets, and feels nicer than your average cheap plastic-like rainwear.
My Columbia down coat...
Published 19 months ago by a.m.d.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars practical, looks great, & more than expected, October 20, 2012
Purchased this jacket as a light weight wind/rain coat for Hawaii weather. I was worried how water resistant it would but I am very surprised & pleased with it. I tested the water resistance by sticking my arm under the shower. My arm came out dry after a 30-40 second soaking. The fabric is soft & comfortable both outside and inside of jacket. It is a women's fitted style so it gathers a little at middle but that's one feature I like about it, more feminine, less boxy. I love the purple hood lining too, adds fun to the otherwise basic black jacket. Overall I am very pleased with this purchase for style and function. Would definitely recommend to someone looking for a light weight jacket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks cute, perfect for Bay Area rainy season., March 27, 2013
I bought this jacket in navy. It is very waterproof and the ball-cap hood is great for keeping the rain off your face. I've worn in in sea spray and in a NorCal rain downpour and emerged dry from the waist up.

It is also not a bulky, boxy "sports" rain jacket and crushes down very small. The fabric is soft; sometimes gore-tex or other similar waterproof materials are too stiff to pack small or shove in a bag. The zipper pockets are on the smaller side and are a snug fit for my droid razr phone. the interior waterproof pocket is pretty generous.

The fit is "slimmer"; I got a small and it has enough room for me to wear a hooded sweatshirt underneath (I am 5'4 and about 110lbs and wear a women's small). I washed the jacket once since purchasing and it retained its waterproofing. The jacket is somewhat windproof yet breathable and works great for winter/spring in NorCal (45-70F) but would be a bit thin for colder weather.

What I like the most about it is the fit - fitted but not too tight, a bit shaped in the waist. I have it in navy and have gotten a few compliments on how cute it is for a rain jacket. I wear it on my commute to work and feel it's appropriate to wear in the "going to the office" setting.

Edited on 12/9/13 to add:

Jacket is still going strong! I have used it as a layering piece on the airplane and as a wind/water shell for running, holding up great. Every few months (or more frequently if I'm using it for a running jacket in rainy weather) I wash it with penguin wash/sports suds, and re-waterproof with TX spray.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft material and great fit, January 16, 2013
The material is soft and it looks expensive. It will be a great jacket for spring. I ordered it in Black and the hood and interior is a purple color.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice feel, March 21, 2013
I really like the fabric on this jacket. Doesn't feel plastic. It has a nice shape. The sleeves have both velco and elastic for a better fit around the wrist. My only problem is I purchased a large so I could wear it over a sweater or heavier shirt. It is a little snug across the back even with a light shirt underneath. I would exchange for an XL but they have none in stock. I will keep the Large.

5.0 out of 5 stars GF likes it, November 29, 2013
Dinsdale (Suburban Chicago) - See all my reviews
I liked it because it was a fair price for a quality brand name. This is a spring jacket and will not keep you warm in winter weather. Good for light to moderate rain in spring summer or early fall. Seems to be holding up well after about half year of use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Me, April 9, 2013
My Columbia down coat is a size L and fits nicely, so I ordered this Hydro Seeker jacket in an L. It fit my upper torso and arms, but was too loose at my waist and too tight at the bottom hem, so I chose to return it and look for a jacket with a better fit for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, light weight jacket, January 29, 2013
Excellent price for a well made jacket. The jacket fits true to size. The light weight makes it perfect for either walking or running in spring conditions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Casual Jacket, NOT WATERPROOF, October 4, 2013
I gave this jacket 4 stars because it performs just as advertised. This jacket was purchased for a mission trip to Honduras where there is frequent rain, but it could not cope with the heavier downpours. The fit and look of the jacket are great, and it will keep out light rain showers, but if you want something that keeps you dry at all costs, you may want to look somewhere else.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't hold up under heavy rain, August 6, 2013
okay for a light rain shower, but anything worse and you'll be soaked. It does look nice and is light to carry around.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite rain jacket!, July 23, 2013
The Wonder Girl (Raleigh, NC, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this jacket few months back and since then it has been my all time companion. I always carry this jacket with me to the lab and it serves in indoor a/c environment as well by providing legitimate warmth, in addition to rain protection outdoor. Absolutely love the quality and fitting of this jacket. It's very light weight and can be folded so small that easily you can slip in the jacket in your handbag.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›