Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on December 4, 2012
This coat came as advertised. It is light and toasty warm at the same time! I couldn't be happier with this purchase. I get compliments every day I wear it!

Details:
-size medium fit like a medium
-hand partial gloves inside sleeves are a great touch especially for skiing or shoveling snow
-inside zipper pocket is great for phone/small items
-light aqua blue is true to picture color and looks great
-figure hugging (doesn't feel bulky, can wear in car with a seat belt on and it's not uncomfortable)
11 comment134 of 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2013
This jacket is stylish (especially with skinny jeans and boots), lightweight, and warm in temps to about 30-35F, but with layering could go lower. I'm 5'5" and 157 lbs. I usually wear an 8 in pants, and a medium in tops. I ordered a large, and it fits well. I could have gone with a medium...maybe. The jacket has some give, but if you have larger breasts, go with the large.
1111 comments156 of 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2013
True to size, nice and lite. S is perfect for weight 120 lbs, height 5,3. Black is little light, but I like the color.
0Comment34 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2015
I absolutely LOVE this jacket. It is super lightweight, but do not let that fool you...it keeps me so warm it is unbeleivable. I didn't think itd be as warm as it is for its size and thickness. Also, it is very flattering and fits my form nicely. I am 5'9, weigh 134 and got a small...fits perfect. I highly recommend this jacket to anyone!
review image
11 comment66 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2013
This is a great jacket for winter. I live near Chicago, very cold and windy! This jacket is great for blocking the wind & keeping me warm. I love how thin it is because I don't like feeling bulky. If you're not familiar w/ Columbia jackets, they do run small. I normally wear a medium, ordered this in a large and it's still a snug fit, not tight but fits close to the body.
0Comment46 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2013
Ok, so I just got the coat yesterday, and I can't attest to longevity. What I can say is that I am one of those perpetually cold people. I'm usually wearing a sweatshirt and have a blanket across my lap and my husband is asking me if its hot in the house. I suffered the first half of the winter shivering in my pea coat layered with a sweatshirt and at least two other shirts underneath. Finally I was wearing a thick wool sweater under my coat, but I was still cold and I could barely button my coat over the bulky sweater. This morning at the bus stop with my kids, I wore just a long-sleeve tee under this coat and I wasn't even a little cold. It's 13 degrees Fahrenheit outside right now. I was skeptical when I opened the box and saw how thin this coat is, but so far it seems to really do what it says it does. Do I look like a super model in it? No, but it is a winter coat, and I think this is about as flattering as any other winter coat realistically could be for a woman my size and shape.

The only reason I'm not giving this coat 5 stars is that the sleeves are so long that they come down to the very tips of my fingers. I have to cuff them. I ordered an XL because I had tried on a different Columbia coat in a store, and the Large wouldn't even zipper. I think I could have gotten away with a large in this coat since it is big everywhere but the waist, but it would have been snug through the hip, and I don't want to squeeze into my coat, I want to be comfortable.

Bottom line, I'm keeping the coat, it is keeping me warm =)
11 comment128 of 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2013
My wife absolutely had to have the oxygen blue color Mighty Lite II because her old coats did not fit after she lost some weight. She fell in love with it shopping online. We have had a number of Columbia jackets over the years, and all have performed well.

The pros:
The oxygen blue color really is beautiful. My wife likes it every bit as much as she did when she saw the color online. The way that the coat is cut definitely complements the female figure. Perhaps because it is thin, it does not make a woman look bulky like other winter coats do. The fit was perfect in our case (Medium = Size 8/10, and my wife is ~5'6"). If you didn't notice it in the picture, be advised that it has a thumb-hole thingy in it at the end of the sleeve(hard to describe, look closely at it).

The cons:
This has to be just about the thinnest and lightest winter coat I have ever seen (but is this really a bad thing? Not yet sure...). There is a reason they call it the Mighty Lite (and they could also call it the Mighty Thin). I keep waiting for my wife to complain that it is not warm enough, but even after some recent sub-freezing temperatures, there have not been any complaints. Maybe that is because she knows I won't want to hear it after shelling out big money for the oxygen blue...which allows me to move right into the other bad thing: the oxygen blue cost about forty dollars more than the other colors. Wow.

Note to self: Convince wife she looks awesome in white and black.

Only other slightly negative thing is that it doesn't have a hood. Personally, I buy myself coats with hoods because I hate it when my ears get cold. It is very obvious that there is no hood, so if you are looking for a hooded coat, I think Columbia has plenty of other coats with hoods.

Other thoughts:
Not sure how this will fare when the weather gets down to single digits as they sometimes do in our area, so buyer beware. If you plan to wear heavy sweaters or sweatshirts underneath it in the event that it is not a heavy enough coat, you might want to be careful about the size that you choose. My wife was a size 10 when I ordered it and she is in a size 8 now, and she can wear a hooded sweatshirt underneath the medium sized Mighty Lite II if she needs it.
The coat itself has a reflective liner that I think must be designed to reflect any heat that your body would attempt to radiate outward. It looks cool, and I sure hope it works well.

Update January 2015: Second season of the Mighty Lite and my wife admitted it is not enough in single digit temperatures when she has to be outside for more than a couple of minutes. I bought her one of the Columbia down parkas that comes down to the knee and has a hood.
The oxygen blue mighty lite has lost its luster. Parts of it are stained just from brushing against dirt on the car, which surely is road salt, cinders, and brine. Stains won't come out after all of her supermom laundry tricks.
Otherwise still a good coat, zipper and all stitches held up well. I suggest buying the black if you go for the mighty lite and expect it to be fine down to about 25 Fahrenheit. Great for spring, fall, and nice winter days.
22 comments64 of 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2013
I was concerned bc of some bad reviews on the fit but I am usually between a 1x and 2x and the 2x fits perfectly. The ft is flattering and it's nice and lite. I love the cuffs, and I am 5'8" and the sleeves are on the long side, but not uncomfortably long. I love it!
0Comment30 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2014
So disappointed. I really liked this jacket....at first. I liked the fit, how warm it was and light it was. However, I have had the coat for less than 2 months and I have only worn it about 10 times. I washed it for the first time because some food got spilled on it. I reviewed the care instructions, washed it on delicate in my front load washer on cold. I air dried it and when I went to put it on the next day, the coat was a mess. Strings were pulled out everywhere on the coat. The coat had puckers and broken strings from the collar down to the pockets. So, so disappointed. Can't believe this is a Columbia jacket....should be able to hold up after one wash on the gentle cycle. It really looks bad and I feel like I did not get a quality product. I ordered one for my daughter also, but I didn't get hers through Amazon. She is afraid to wash hers now and I don't blame her. We live in Alaska, our coats get a lot of use. We have to be able to wash them because we play hard in them. I love the color and the style, but will not buy again. I will have to wear this coat and it will be very, very bad advertising for Columbia.....the coat looks like it sprouted hair!
33 comments37 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2015
This is my second mighty lite and I LOVE it so much. I will keep buying Columbia as long as one of us still exists. You can't beat the quality and this particular jacket is amazing because I don't get hot and sweaty, but I am kept warm without all the bulk of a puffy, down jacket. I wear a medium to large, but I purchase this in large to be able to accommodate hoodies and sweaters and it fits nice and has enough room for winter layers.
review image