Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on December 22, 2012
Love this vest! It arrived today.Lightweight,really warm and great looking.The fit is perfect,good length and lots of color choices.I live in the woods,today was "very cold",donned my vest and took my dog for a hike.Amazed the vest actually the warmest I have owned.Great product.Plan to purchase another in black. Many thanks.
on November 6, 2012
This vest is the BEST! It is light weight, which I love, and keeps you warm with the Omni-Heat silver lining. Also, it is great looking on because it is fitted and not straight. It is everything and more! A Five Star it deserves.
on December 15, 2012
I am a bit thin and petite, but I have a great vest from Eddie Bauer that fits my shape wonderfully even though I am too small for any of their actual clothing. That being said, I thought that the extra-small would be just fine from Columbia, but I was swimming in it. I am 5'3" and a 31/32d, and usually wear about a size 0. The Emerald colour (no Xsm in any of the muted colours) also did not work out with my fair skin, but if you like bright it does pop!

Aside from it not working for me, I love the feel of the vest, and it is nice and lightweight. The filler is perfect-not overwhelming or fluffy, but makes me feel as though I'd be nice and warm with it. Another thing I loved was that it isn't filled with down, which is not the most ethically obtained material (if you are the type to be concerned with animal welfare).

I gave it four stars because of the sizing issue.
on December 17, 2014
I love this vest...it's light, soft and comfortable. I'm 5'8'', 150 lbs, and usually wear a Medium size, but struggle with the Columbia brand because sometimes their items are sized small. However, I ordered a medium in this vest and it fit perfectly, not large and bulky, but not too tight either. I also like things to fit as "fitted" on me too, so if you like your items to fit a bit larger, especially on your hips if you have an hourglass shape, order a size up.
on January 5, 2014
I absolutely love this vest, and I am so glad that I bought it!

My sister-in-law was raving about her Omni-heat ski jacket, so I wanted to try out the technology. I already have a waterproof ski jacket from North Face, so I decided to look for a vest version of the Omni-heat technology I prefer the mobility and comfort that a vest provides for most of the outdoor activities in which I engage. (I had a "Thinsulate" vest from LLBean that just wasn't working for me-- too bulky for comfort and not warm enough.)

The Omni-heat vest performs exactly as I had hoped. I'm one of those people who is cold all of the time. I dress in layers wherever I go because I am never sure what the ambient temperature is going to be like. I have spent far too much time in my life huddled miserably somewhere shivering with cold-- people's houses, restaurants, grocery stores, you name it. I tried not to let my tendency toward cold affect my activities though. So I have been in constant search for jackets/coats/accessories that help me stay warm. I want to give you two examples of how the Omni-heat vest has proven itself to be a high quality product.

First, over Christmas vacation, my family and I were on a ski vacation. My husband and I took our children snow tubing. On top of the mountain, it was 5 degrees, with a 20 mph wind and constant snow fall. I decided to replace the inner-liner of my North Face coat with the Omni-heat vest. Since the vest is so thin, it fit very comfortably under the coat-- way more comfortably, in fact, than the inner liner that came with the coat. I was out in the cold/wind/snow for 2 hours and my body was completely and comfortably warm. My hands and feet were numb, but my body was truly warm. It was amazing!

Second, I live on the New Jersey coast. I routinely take walks along the boardwalk in the town where I live. There's always a wind. More often than not, it is a cold, south wind. With my North Face coat/liner, I would walk in the dead of winter, but always felt cold and uncomfortable. It got to the point at which I wouldn't even bother going for a walk if the wind were southerly and over 10 mph. A few weeks ago, I took a walk in the wind/freezing rain just to try out the Omni-heat technology. Amazingly, I stayed completely warm. My waterproof coat kept me dry, and the Omni-heat vest kept my totally warm.

I'm being so detailed in my description for the other cold people out there. If you are a cold person, then you are going to be amazed at how effective the Omni-heat technology is at keeping you comfortable.

As far as the fit of the vest goes, it works well for me. I am the type of person who likes clothes slightly large for comfort. I like to be able to move my limbs around without feelings of restriction. I am 5'5" tall and 120 pounds (fit and slender). I also am a 34D. I usually buy shirts and jackets in a Large to accommodate my bust (though a medium or small would fit the rest of my torso better). I absolutely hate the feeling of shirts or jackets compressing my bust. I bought the Omni-heat vest in a Large. As I had hoped, the Large vest fits comfortably over my bust, and it allows me to comfortably wear sweatshirts or bulky sweaters underneath. The only trouble is that it doesn't have the nice, "fitted" appearance of the vest modeled in the product photo. I like the extra space, and I am trying to stay warm rather than win fashion awards. The vest itself is very thin, and not bulky at all. The thinness of the vest does not detract at all from it's ability to keep you warm.

In sum, the Omni-heat vest by Columbia meets my expectations perfectly. I got exactly what I was looking for when I purchased the vest-- a light, comfortable, high-quality vest that provides excellent protection from the cold. I recommend it whole-heartedly!
on November 13, 2013
I am 5'8, 130 lbs and 34B. I got a medium when it is on sale and I am very satisfy with this product! I think it is not showing off the body curve that mush as shown on the model, but hey, it is a winter vest and it is supposed to be used in freezing weather. I try to wear a hoodie in it and it is just fine. It still has room for one more sweater and it does not look bulky at all. However, if you want to show the curve like shown in the model picture, order one size down.
on October 8, 2013
I went for a small because the reviews on-line said that they ran large. Actually some people said they were swimming in theirs. Well the top was too tight but the bottom was loose. So I guess the vest runs big if you don't have boobs (I'm 5 ft 8 in. and 135 lbs so I'm tall...but not big). I was also disappointed that the seller tacks on a 15% restocking fee, there's the fee to ship it back (obviously), and there's a fee to have a larger size shipped out if you do an exchange. I'm just going to order a vest from LLBean.
on February 4, 2015
This vest is thinner than expected and must be zipped up all the way. If you unzip it, it sticks out funny and the inner liner of one of the sides is a silver color versus the other side which is the color of the vest, meaning when zipped up 3/4 of the way and folded down, the insides that show are not the same color. It looks a bit odd. Not thought through very well. I love the look of it, but was disappointed to not be able to wear it in different fashions.
on December 11, 2012
Fits well under my ski jacket for added warmth. Would rec to anyone who gets cold easily on the slopes or just walking around.
on October 23, 2015
Good veat but it's larger than expected. I'm 5 1, 115 pounds and I ordered a small and it was way too long and big around for me. Not sure the xsmall would have fit either. Not good for short torsos. Other than that it seemed to be good quality, but sadly I must return it.