Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 30, 2012
I ordered these boots in size 6.5 which is my shoe size and they fit very snugly with thin socks. I returned them and ordered a 7.5 which is usually way too big for me. The boots are very light weight and well made. The first pair were supposed to be winter white, but they were more cream colored. I loved them and tried to get them in the same color in the larger size but the price went up with the size (annoying) so I ordered them in black which is probably a more practical color anyway. I purchased these boots for wearing in the snow. However,since they are very flattering I will definitely be wearing them as an every day boot as well. They are that cute!

I wore these cute boots at a winter vacation at Whistler BC and my little feet were kept very warm and dry. I sloshed around in the wet snow and no leaks...and dry feet. Loved them!
0Comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2012
These boots are the BOMB! seriously! I recently moved to Alaska and was looking for a quality boot that would not only keep my feet super warm but also were functional in the snowy months (which is most of the year here anyway) and cool looking, I just couldn't find something that would meet my every expectation in the stores. I did find the Columbia Ice Maiden boots and I really liked the features (waterproof, -25 weather resistant, 200g insulation etc) but the looks were just not for me. That made me go online and try to find something of equal quality and price but nicer looking I really loved the Minx Mid because not only it has the same features but it's much more stylish. When they arrived I couldn't wait to try them on and first trip to the store I was in love with them. They are way comfortable and I just couldn't believe how warm my feet were in the snow. I did read another review and decided to order a whole size bigger than mine, I'm a 7.5 and ordered an 8.5 and they fit perfectly so I have enough room to still wear very thick socks and also be able to wiggle my toes to keep the warmth going. I must add I have very thin calves and had never been able to find a boot that wouldn't look silly while wearing skinny jeans so the laces in this one are just a bonus! I TOTALLY recommend these extreme weather boots to anyone looking for the perfect snow boot. I'll even be using them for playing outside or even sledding; they're very light weight and they're "compact" enough to be worn under my looser jeans even during the not-so-cold days and look just like sneakers. AND they match my favorite Columbia jacket. Again, Columbia won't disappoint you! ;)
on January 8, 2013
I initially ordered these in a size 8 which is a half-size larger than my normal shoe size. When they arrived I tried them on and they were incredibly snug even with a normal weight sock, so I returned them and ordered a 9, which is roomier. I think the reason they run so small is that the footbed insert that comes with these boots is very thick. With the first (size 8) pair that came, I removed the footbed inserts and tried the boots on and they fit fine, but I believe the insert is part of the insulation. So, if you're a person who likes to remove the footbed inserts from your shoes, you might be able to get away with ordering these merely a half-size larger than what your foot actually is.
All that aside, they are incredibly light-weight and pretty comfy. I do think that the toebox is a bit tight even in the larger size, and I while they are warm I don't believe they're really as insulated as they claim to be. I wore them yesterday afternoon with a pair of wool socks over tights in roughly 30 degrees for about an hour and my toes were getting chilly. Luckily they're so big that I have room to add another pair of socks (or toe warmers) if I'm going to be outside for a longer period of time. But I like that they're not stiff, I don't have to break them in, they have good tread for better safety on the ice, they are easy to get on and off, easy to lace up quickly, and they can go over or under my pant legs, and they look modern and cute.
on December 17, 2012
This is a good product that has the warmth I come to expect with Columbia. However, it just isn't holding up after only a few weeks of wear as I had hoped.

First the pros:
1) The fit is true to size. I am a 6.5 and it is a perfect 6.5. This is great if you aren't wearing heavy socks. If you plan on layering, i would recommend going up a size.
2) It is warm and the soft-side is comfortable to wear, easy to move around in and the tread has reasonable grip on the snow (not perfect, but good).
3) They look great; I've gotten lots of complements on them.

The Cons:

1) Not as sturdy as I'd expect from the brand. The exterior soft side is quilted but NOT attached to the interior lining. So there is something in between them for the quilting layer that has disengaged and slid down to my ankle/heel on one boot. Very disappointing design.
2) They do not breathe at all. So while they are very warm, if you have heavy duty work to do outside, lots of walking or you generally run warm, I recommend socks that wick away moisture. After a hefty snow storm and cleaning the driveway several times, they just weren't dry on the inside, which of course, counteracts the ability to stay warm. This may not be a big deal if you are just walking to and from work or school, but is important if you do anything more athletic.
3) Not great on ice - but then, what boot is. They have good traction in the snow, but ice not at all. Not unsurprising, just something to be aware of when purchasing these boots.

They are good boots, not great boots. I'll wear them out this season but definitely get new ones for playing outside.
on November 27, 2012
These boots are comfortable, one can even jog in them. Cannot talk about traction on ice just yet. hoping they'll be good for winter jogging. when jogging and landing on the soles there is a good give and bounce back feeling. warm enough and waterproof...
In brown, however, cannot say they have the looks, but rather cheapish... Some plastic colors look better... But! They were not all that expensive, so it's O.K.
One boot more pointed than the other which is why I gave only 4 stars.

Definitely go 1/2 size larger.
They are not all that warm like they claim: good for 25 degrees F. Wore them for one day at 38 degrees... Any lower they would not be warm enough.
on December 13, 2012
These boots were exactly what I was looking for- comfortable, lightweight and very warm! I read many of the reviews before purchasing and so glad I did, as they do run small and so I ordered the next size up. This allows my toes to move while wearing thick thermal socks. I will be taking these boots to Baffin Island (way up North!) to put them to the test, but I'm sure they will be perfect. Also, I walked on a yard of frozen slippery snow this week and I was very surprised how well they gripped on the surface, especially compared to my Sorels. I highly recommend these boots!
on November 15, 2013
These boots feel like sneakers, very comfortable!! I bought a size up based on reviewers, but now they fit a bit loose (maybe a half size too big now, so order half size up, not a whole size). I got the Shale color, and it's basically grey, with a subtle design, not flashy at all, suitable for work or casual wear. Not sure how warm they are because it hasn't been cold enough to test, but they feel like they would be cozy with a thick pair of socks.... These are truly midcalf on me (I'm 5'4"). Great pair of winter boots!
on November 7, 2012
I ordered these boots for my daughter for Christmas and knew as soon as I saw them that I wanted a pair for myself. I tried them on seeing how we do wear the same size shoe and thought WOW I love these boots. The fit is good and they are very warm and look really nice. What I like most is that they are a snow boot that does not have a heavy clunky sole that makes walking not feel normal. Nice boot, attractive, and comfortable.
on January 16, 2013
I was a little disspointed with these boots. My feet were warm enough until they got WET and that didn't take long. One trip across the parking to my car on a snowy day and my feet were wet...I live in the White Mountains of New Hampshire , We get a lot of snow!! So I dont think they will much wear, only good for cold dry days!
on November 18, 2013
I ordered this boot from Zappos in Slate, but the color wasn't my favorite so I sent it back and ordered the same size in the brown from Amazon. I really like the boots overall, they are comfortable and cute. I wear size 8.5 and my feet are average width, and I do prefer my shoes to be snug so I don't typically order up. The Zappos shoes, in the color I didn't like, fit perfectly in 8.5 and even though I didn't like the color, they fit so well I considered keeping them anyway. Well of course I decided I wanted brown instead, so I ordered them from Amazon (they were about $30 cheaper from Amazon, too) since Zappos didn't have them in brown. The Amazon ones are also size 8.5, but they are definitely too small - I only had them on for a few minutes and my feet were aching. They also made a strange clicking sound when I walked, which the Zappos ones did not make. How can they be the same size, but fit so differently? I give the boots themselves a 5, but a 1 for the sizing at Amazon. I think I may go back to Zappos and re-order the ugly color!

See 1 answered question