4.0 out of 5 stars basic rain jacket
let's start with the minimal cons:
material is lightweight water resistant nylon that is slightly noisy and wrinkles easily.
no storm flap over the zipper.

now the pros:
packs into its own pocket (though it wrinkles less if carefully folded and tucked into back vent).
hood folds up into collar, and I'm very fond of the height and look of the...
Published 14 months ago by a.m.d.

3.0 out of 5 stars strong color
What they describe as "fresh kiwi" is closer to day-glo yellow-green. Way too strong for my taste. Style is great, though.
Published 12 months ago by wrenn

4.0 out of 5 stars basic rain jacket, April 26, 2013
let's start with the minimal cons:
no storm flap over the zipper.

now the pros:
hood folds up into collar, and I'm very fond of the height and look of the collar when the hood is hidden.
zipper does have inside flap that appears to prevent water from permeating.
sleeves are long enough to cover most of my hands (I like extra long sleeves) but do have velcro adjusters so they can be pushed up.
fit is perfect at chest and hips, while not being TOO big in waist (I am an hourglass curved size 16 (waist considerably smaller than chest and hips) and ordered a size large jacket). I could probably fit a light fleece or sweater under it without it feeling tight at the chest or shoulders.

unfortunately during my entire trip in Seattle it has been sunny, so I haven't been able to test the water/air permeability. while it is a very basic rain jacket, it doesn't look cheap, and I feel that amazon's price of $30 was worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and effective, June 3, 2013
I bought this jacket for a boat trip on a cool spring day. It was perfect for keeping me dry and keeping the wind from making me chilly. The color is fabulous. I got a lot of compliments on it. It folds up VERY small, so you can throw it in a large purse without taking up much room. And it still looks great (not too wrinkled) after being in a purse all day. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Jacket!, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Columbia Women's Switchback II Jacket (Apparel)
I just got my jacket in the mail and tried it on, and I was extremely nervous about the fit. My first Columbia fleece jacket was a medium and too big, so I got a small and that fit perfectly. Then I got a durable waterproof jacket in a small, but if it was any smaller I wouldn't be able to move. So I weighed my jacket options and decided to go for a the Switchback II in a medium.
I'm glad I didn't get a small- the medium is pretty perfect. I am a size medium, 8/10, and I have a smaller waist in comparison to my hips, so sometimes I can get away with something in a small size but in this case I'm glad I got the medium because it fits at my ribs just right and still has room to wear a sweatshirt or thick sweater underneath. (which I would recommend doing because this jacket is very lightweight and isn't meant for warmth.)

So if you're someone with a smaller waist and bigger hips like me, I definitely recommend this jacket. I also like the tall stand-up collar, and if you don't like that, just take out the hidden hood!

3.0 out of 5 stars strong color, June 29, 2013
wrenn (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubber Rain Slicker, May 28, 2013
I wanted a fashionable spring jacket. I loved the look of this online. It came and it was basically a rubbery plastic rain slicker feel. Nothing soft on the inside and it was crinkle-ly! Not at all what I was looking for and I sent it back.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!, April 16, 2013
I ordered the Zing in a large - the size I wear in my several other Columbia jackets. It fit ok, a little snug - and it really is a plastic feeling jacket. But, the color was atrocious! The picture shows a kind of pastel salmon-y pink, but the jacket is a neon orange - like the ones people wear on construction sites. It's terrible, and I'm incredibly disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rain jacket!, July 3, 2013
This fit as expected. I carried it through Europe and used it often for rain protection. I stayed completely dry! It was difficult to figure out how to pack it up into itself and didn't pack into a very small package but it worked well enough. Definitely a great rain jacket!

3.0 out of 5 stars Feels plastic, March 21, 2013
I purchased a large to wear over a sweater or heavier shirt. It definitely would do that. What I didn't like about the jacket was the feel of the fabric - plastic. Sleeves have velco only at the wrists and it doesn't make for a good fit. The jacket is also very boxy. I am returning it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket, April 5, 2013
I love this little jacket. I got this jacket in a small, which has a generous fit, so you can wear a light sweater under it if needed. I wore it hiking in Tennessee and it started raining. I stayed nice and dry because this jacket is waterproof,
with a nice hood that you can tuck away. The pockets have zippers which I love, and the sleeves are nice and long
with velcro adjustments so you can tighten them around your wrist. I would highly recommend this jacket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love, September 7, 2013
Love this rain jacket. It's the perfect size and weight! I got a medium and I'm 5'4" about 125lbs :)

Columbia Women's Switchback II Jacket