4.0 out of 5 stars basic rain jacket
let's start with the minimal cons:
material is lightweight water resistant nylon that is slightly noisy and wrinkles easily.
no storm flap over the zipper.

now the pros:
packs into its own pocket (though it wrinkles less if carefully folded and tucked into back vent).
hood folds up into collar, and I'm very fond of the height and look of the...
Published 16 months ago by a.m.d.

3.0 out of 5 stars strong color
What they describe as "fresh kiwi" is closer to day-glo yellow-green. Way too strong for my taste. Style is great, though.
Published 13 months ago by wrenn

4.0 out of 5 stars basic rain jacket, April 26, 2013
let's start with the minimal cons:
no storm flap over the zipper.

now the pros:
hood folds up into collar, and I'm very fond of the height and look of the collar when the hood is hidden.
zipper does have inside flap that appears to prevent water from permeating.
sleeves are long enough to cover most of my hands (I like extra long sleeves) but do have velcro adjusters so they can be pushed up.
fit is perfect at chest and hips, while not being TOO big in waist (I am an hourglass curved size 16 (waist considerably smaller than chest and hips) and ordered a size large jacket). I could probably fit a light fleece or sweater under it without it feeling tight at the chest or shoulders.

unfortunately during my entire trip in Seattle it has been sunny, so I haven't been able to test the water/air permeability. while it is a very basic rain jacket, it doesn't look cheap, and I feel that amazon's price of $30 was worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and effective, June 3, 2013
I bought this jacket for a boat trip on a cool spring day. It was perfect for keeping me dry and keeping the wind from making me chilly. The color is fabulous. I got a lot of compliments on it. It folds up VERY small, so you can throw it in a large purse without taking up much room. And it still looks great (not too wrinkled) after being in a purse all day. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rain jacket!, July 3, 2013
This fit as expected. I carried it through Europe and used it often for rain protection. I stayed completely dry! It was difficult to figure out how to pack it up into itself and didn't pack into a very small package but it worked well enough. Definitely a great rain jacket!

3.0 out of 5 stars strong color, June 29, 2013
wrenn (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love, September 7, 2013
Love this rain jacket. It's the perfect size and weight! I got a medium and I'm 5'4" about 125lbs :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Jacket!, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Columbia Women's Switchback II Jacket (Apparel)
I just got my jacket in the mail and tried it on, and I was extremely nervous about the fit. My first Columbia fleece jacket was a medium and too big, so I got a small and that fit perfectly. Then I got a durable waterproof jacket in a small, but if it was any smaller I wouldn't be able to move. So I weighed my jacket options and decided to go for a the Switchback II in a medium.
I'm glad I didn't get a small- the medium is pretty perfect. I am a size medium, 8/10, and I have a smaller waist in comparison to my hips, so sometimes I can get away with something in a small size but in this case I'm glad I got the medium because it fits at my ribs just right and still has room to wear a sweatshirt or thick sweater underneath. (which I would recommend doing because this jacket is very lightweight and isn't meant for warmth.)

So if you're someone with a smaller waist and bigger hips like me, I definitely recommend this jacket. I also like the tall stand-up collar, and if you don't like that, just take out the hidden hood!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, June 23, 2014
Love love love it! The color is awesome! And there r two makeshift inside pockets. The left outside pocket is reversible, so u can fold up the entire coat in the pocket, then you zip it shut, there is even a little handle for hanging!
Took it to the BWCA last week and it kept me dry on our last day there when the rain didn't stop till 12pm.
My only issue is that it has special wash instructions, and cannot be washed with other items. Other than that, it exceeded my expectations! The cut of the jacket makes it feminine, unlike most jackets out there. And for the price, you will be satisfied with your purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket for our trip to Ireland, August 22, 2013
Perfect for our trip. Lightweight enough that it was not a hassle to lug it around when I did not have to wear it. The weather shifts were rapid, so I was putting the jacket on and taking it off to carry around often. The jacket braced me from the winds and rain and kept me at a comfortable temperature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great warm weather rain jacket, June 26, 2013
This was a great product that did keep the rain away. I wore this in the rain forest and it kept me dry. I love that the hood can be rolled up into the collar for a different look. And I really like the color I ordered which was sea salt. I would definitely recommend this as a warm weather rain jacket.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Disappointed, June 14, 2013
This review is from: Columbia Women's Switchback II Jacket (Apparel)
Columbia Women's Switchback II Jacket

The color was not as pretty as shown, "velvet morning". Its plastic like, crinkly noise, and size may run a little small so be careful & consider what you'll wear under it.
The length is good. I'm tall, and it does reach lower hips, sleeve length long enough. It's light weight for these Florida summer rain showers. The hide away hood & zippered pockets are a good feature.
I'm sure I could have done better for the money.

Columbia Women's Switchback II Jacket