Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

Size: Small|Color: Blue Vapor|Change
Price:$27.99 - $29.88

on November 16, 2012
I was a little disappointed in these gloves: a sort of "they're ok but I won't buy more" feeling.

I found the fit neither too snug nor too loose.

The gloves are made of a medium weight fleece material. The texture inside is more smooth than fleecey due to the pattern of metallic dots. The plastic clip requires you to depress and hold the tang to separate the gloves. (I personally prefer types of clips which will release when you pull the gloves apart.) The palm material is slightly stiff; I found it a bit annoying, though others might not notice.

I tested the gloves with two half hour dog walks at different temperatures. The first walk was on a sunny day at around 45 degrees. The gloves were fine on this walk: neither too warm nor too cool. I could grip the leashes with no trouble. I could also manage the leash clips well enough to get them attached to the dogs, though sans gloves was definitely easier.

The second walk was after dark when the temperature was around 35 degrees. About 50 feet into the walk I realized I could feel cold starting to penetrate the gloves. It felt to some extent as though the thermal material was conducting heat away rather than reflecting it back to my hands. I continued the walk anyhow. At the halfway point my hands had reached the stage where they were achy and losing dexterity. By the end of the walk I really wished I'd worn my shearling driving gloves instead.

These gloves would probably be good for a highly aerobic activity like x-country skiing in colder weather. They're also ok for moderate activity in warmer temperatures. However, I wouldn't recommend them for standing around at a high school football game.
22 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2013
I thought that the omiheat or whatever it is is suppose to keep the heat from your body in, cold out etc..I have circulation problem with my hands where I have to be careful in the cold (raynauds phenomenon) so thought that these would be perfect for protecting my hands when outside with my dog, who wants to be outside ALL the time and you have to be with her outside, rain or shine...I think they do a "okay" job at keeping my hands protected, but they aren't warm at any means, thou that might be becaus my hands are normally kind of cold.. I have a pair of snow gloves that keep my hands way warmer but as bulky as they are I would look silly wearing them outside and if I take my dog to the park.
I notice if I drink acup of tea when wearing them the mug will warm up the hands and my hands stay warmer longer.. also if I put the gloves on after i've been outside for awhile, so already cold hands, my hands dont warm up in the gloves..They aren't bad gloves, just wish they were maybe thinker or lined more on the inside. The material is the same fleece inside and out, and on the inside upper part is the silver "omiheat" material..I'm glad I have them, but also glad I didn't pay full price...
Oh one other thing. evidently they are not washable, can't throw them in the machine to clean. You are suppose to spot clean them which I dont like but oh well...
on October 25, 2013
It's warm and light weight. I used them when I went to Alaska, though I still feel a bit chilly when I was approaching the giant glacier, except this the gloves are quite warm for all other occasions, I love them and highly recommend!
on November 14, 2013
I got these for my sister. They are very thin and require your natural body heat to warm the gloves but for a few dollars they aren't too bad. Not good for extreme cold temperatures but for basic protection against the cold. Around 40-50F these would work no problem but they will not hold the cold wind and interactions with the snow would make your hands cold.
on December 8, 2013
I am so not impressed! For the first time in my life, I spent more than five dollars on a pair of gloves... and they aren't warm! I wanted to love them, but I honestly feel like they are less insulating than my $1.99 gloves from Walgreens. I step outside and my hands are immediately cold.
on February 7, 2014
Recently I purchase a pair of snow boots with the same kind of reflective lining that's in these gloves. The boots are wonderful, and my feet have been consistently comfortable even in this very cold winter. So I thought the gloves would be wonderful, too. Not so much. They do very little in the way of warming. I thought that maybe my boots were doing so well because of my socks. So I purchased silk glove liners to wear under these gloves. That didn't help either. My own system for determining finger comfort is warm-neutral-cool-chilly-cold-pain. With my boots, my toes go from warm to cool. But with these gloves, my fingers are chilly to cold. The gloves take away the bitter sting of a cold wind, but my fingers and hands are never comfortable, even with the liners, which are a hassle to use. Next season I'm going back to mittens.
on January 13, 2013
I have circultaion problems and these are the first gloves that keep my fingers warm!
I also purchased the Omni heat jacket and it too is warm, but you don't sweat in it.
on December 5, 2013
This glove is nice in cool weather but if you are out in 10 degrees or below that for very long they aren't warm enough. I do wear them while in and out of buildings in the weather and driving and they work well for that or if I'm going to be outside for 1/2 hour at the zero temp. I like that it has the grip on the palm which helps when driving. I ordered the Deep Blush color and happy with it.
on January 18, 2014
In even slightly cold weather my hands and feet are impossible to keep warm. I bought these gloves, along with silk glove liners, and could probably have saved the money spent for the liners.

I bought them a size larger because loose is better than tight for me, but they run very true to size so this wasn't necessary. Still, these gloves will be with me for many winters to come.
on January 11, 2014
These gloves do not keep my fingertips warm. They remain as cold in these as they would if I wasn't wearing them. Bit of a waste and I didn't keep the packing or the receipt to return them. Instead, I had to order a pair of silk glove liners - extra expense. Disappointing after I'd heard friends talk about how great these are supposed to be. The jackets may be, but not the gloves. And the quality of the material doesn't look that great. Can't wear them on an evening out.