4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous jacket but runs small
Published 19 months ago by Aliza M. Beer

2.0 out of 5 stars Sleeve material doesn't wear well.
Material on sleeves create lint balls. This was noticed a month after purchase. Liked the jacket, was disappointed the material wasn't made of better quality for price paid.
Published 16 months ago by Sandy Geagel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous jacket but runs small, December 15, 2012
I purchased this along with TWO other Columbia jacket in the same sizeColumbia Women's Tested Tough Fast Trek Full Zip Jacket, which fit just right and Columbia Women's Benton Springs Full Zip Fleece, which was too big and bulky. I purchased ALL three jackets in the same size and I started to feel like Goldilocks when noting the significant differences between each jacket, all purchased in the same size.

I bought this jacket because I loved the colors but the dark plum was so dark that it looked more like black and my husband claimed that the pink looked more like orange. The jacket was tight ALL over--chest, arms (especially) and even on my, um, butt. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with a large bust or a big butt or curves. The jacket is a little long and falls down onto your hips. Also, I would consider getting a size larger than you normally would because even with a thin shirt, the jacket didn't fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fleece, January 6, 2013
This review is from: Columbia Women's Thermarator II Jacket (Apparel)
I just received this in the mail yesterday, early I might add and I really like it. I ordered the black texture and it's more of a gray, but I love gray so that doesn't really bother me. Seems extremely well made, and it is very warm. I am a tried and true medium- I'm 5'7", 130 pounds, average I'd say- and the medium fits like a glove. Because of the previous post i went back and forth between sizes but went with my gut instinct and ordered a medium and I'm glad I did. The tags on it say $100 so I feel like i got a great deal, which always makes me a happy girl! Would recommend to anyone looking for an affordable athletic fleece to keep warm but not sweat in or feel like you are wearing a thin airy sweatshirt. Oh and i especially love the thumb straps, nice touch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very rough material, no stretch, boxy fit with loooong sleeves, May 21, 2013
jb0017 (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Well, I was shocked to receive this. I love Columbia products, and I kept looking at this thinking, how could this be Columbia? I ordered the black, and it is not black, it's more like grey. The material is super rough. I expected a soft microfleece. It feels like a rough and unprocessed tight weave wool like the kind you used to see on men's high school varsity jackets. Also, the picture displays a nice tapered, feminine fit. I found this to be very boxy and I kept wondering if I had accidentally received a male jacket instead (confirmed on the tags, it was the correct style.). I found the fit to be large, unlike other reviewers (I'm 5'7" and I was swimming in this). I have really long arms and legs, and the sleeves were inches too long (not to mention the hand covers, that made them even longer). Lastly, the jacket didn't have the stretch I had expected from the description. I'm surprised this got such good reviews. Usually, I'm pretty in sync with the tastes of Amazon reviewers and tend to agree with the consensus, but not this time. My search for a new jacket continues...

2.0 out of 5 stars Sleeve material doesn't wear well., March 15, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and comfortable, Size UP, February 6, 2013
Ordered it for a trip to Antarctica, jacket is very light and in the same time warm. Usually I wear Small/XSmall, but since i was wearing a base layer under i got Medium, which fit perfectly without being too tight. So I would recommend ordering size up if you are planing to wear something thicker than a t-shirt under.

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm & Almost Perfect, February 25, 2013
----
Pros
----
- Toasty as soon as you put it on (has that Omniheat thermal blanket coating on the inside)
- Stretchy side panels increase comfort & provide venting near the armpits (prevents overheating in problem areas)
- Good quality materials
- Fits exact size chart measurements (one of the only jackets I've tried on that's not too baggy around the waist/torso)
- Colors on Amazon.com's page are accurate for this jacket (unlike Columbia's website, where they're horribly misrepresented). "Black, Texture" is a dark gray w/true black side panels as is seen on the Amazon page.

-----
Cons
-----
- The ARM HOLES (& sleeves) on this jacket are much narrower than what you'd typically find on a fleece jacket of similar style. It takes some getting used to having a sleeve that hugs your armpit the way a women's t-shirt would.
- The COLLAR is approx 1" too high to be comfortable when zipped up (I leave mine partially unzipped). It does ensure no wind gets through if you failed to bring a scarf though.
- The ZIPPER is one of those (plastic) coil zippers instead of a sturdier metal one. I've yet to see a review where it caused a problem, but a $100 retail jacket really should have a more durable zipper.

------
Sizing
------
If you routinely look at size charts, go w/your recommended size only to find that the garment still fits loose, this jacket may be for you. From what I've experienced, yes, it does fit small(er) than average American sizing. However, when I put it on, I was amazed at how precisely it fit (I'm within 1" of the exact measurements on the Columbia size chart). 5'2" 100lbs w/an athletic build and this jacket in XS fits amazingly well, especially around the waist/torso. It's probably one of the most form-fitting jackets I've ever worn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flattering Look, May 14, 2013
I bought this color in Graphite and was surprised at how figure flattering the jacket is. I'm 5' tall and weigh 100 pounds. I bought the jacket in size small based on reviews from other customers. It fits fine, but I'm sure I could have gone down a size and been equally happy. My husband calls it my "skinny girl" jacket because it makes me look curvy based on the placement of the lighter panels on the side. It is also a nice length for someone my size.

I liked it so much that I also bought the light grape which fits the same, but surprisingly, the fabric is slightly different. The graphite has a texture to it and does not wrinkle easily. The light grape on the other hand is a softer fleece that shows wrinkles in the elbows where I bend my arms, but I still like it and would recommend to your other customers.

I took both on an Alaska trip where they layered nicely over lightweight wool layering tops. The silver thermal lining keeps the heat next to your body and despite the "colder" temperatures, I did not always have to put another layer over the top of the fleece. On the days where I felt an additional water-proof or warmer layer was needed, the jacket fit fine under a parka-type outer layer.

I highly recommend this jacket to other customers. Buy multiple colors if you can! You won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, March 14, 2014
The Columbia Women's Thermarator II Jacket arrived on time and in new condition. It is a great jacket, warm in freezing weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Jacket is cool, January 6, 2014
This jacket is cool.
Its very confortable and i expect i can get someone like this. all peaple i know question me where i bought,i dont know what more i can say.

2.0 out of 5 stars Columbia jacket, December 22, 2013
I sent this jacket back. I did not like it at all. It seemed stiff to me. I am still looking for what I want.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›