Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Columbian Catalog Envelopes, Grip-Seal, 9 x 12 Inches, White, 100 Per Box (CO920)
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on January 15, 2011
These envelopes have the peel strip which you remove to seal - much better than the lick and stick envelope. We use this for customer documentation. They work well and we are pleased. If you are using these for mailing, they will be adequate for papers and thin sets of documents but books and heavier articles will rip through; you would be better off with more costly Tyvek envelopes.
on September 6, 2012
The Columbian Envelopes are not worth purchasing. Each envelope must be taped shut to avoid opening in the mail. This is the second time we purchased this product, we thought the poor quality adhesive was a fluke the first time, but unfortunately this second box has the same problems. It's not worth returning the envelopes but I wouldn't recommend buying their products. Too bad we can't rate it with no stars.
on January 11, 2015
These seal well. I usually put some tape over it just because I'm sending sensitive documents and don't want it to come loose. They are stiff enough papers don't get messed up inside. I can't give it 5 stars because they are mildly transparent and I'll be continuing my search for the perfect envelope after I go through all these.
on March 14, 2014
Purchased the 10 x 13 inch self-sealing envelope to mail papers which the 9 x 12 envelopes would be too small.

This product was delivered timely and well packaged.

The purpose to purchase this product was to mail large quantities of paper which would not fit in the 9 x 12 envelope. The paper stock which the envelope is made of, is lighter than expected. As a result, it was not used for mailing purpose unless only a few sheets were being mailed. In that event, the 9 x 12 envelope would suffice.

Otherwise, it is a good envelope with a strong self-seal.
on June 29, 2013
Got in a rut using the same old 9x12 envelopes because I grew accustomed to the closure flap that never held so I'd just use colorful stickers to re-inforce. That is until I read the review on these Columbian brand whites and decided it was time for a change. I'm thrilled. These Columbian white 9x12 envelopes are a perfect size and weight for mailing letters and photos to folks without computers. And they look terrific with my own decorative address labels on Avery 05450 self stick 3x5 white labels. They genuinely do have substantially better sealing closure flaps, and I got the 100 count with Amazon's speedy free delivery. Doesn't get any better.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 9, 2014
The white color allows the address to really pop, at least much more than the writing on a manilla envelope. However, the best part is the self-sealing flaps. I may be letting out a trade secret here, but the adhesive on most manilla envelopes rivals licking an iguana. Not the best tasting. I would much rather pull a strip and have the envelope self-seal. As an artist, I like that the designs that frequent most of my outgoing mail (whether intentional or not) really show up well on these envelopes. They are nice and sturdy - providing good coverage of whatever is contained inside. (One CAN see black print - or vibrant colors - through the envelope. Problem is easily solved with an extra piece of paper placed on top of interior materials and the envelope.) I'm pleased with these and feel they are worth an extra $2 (over manilla envelopes the same size). They appear more professional and polished - which is a lot for something that is roughly $0.20 each - including shipping.
on May 6, 2016
Exactly what i expected, honest description, closure is effective and reliable, at least within the first few envelopes out of the box. Don't know how long the adhesive will last, but the adhesive is protected by a pull-off tab, so I'd expect the adhesive will last several months.
on December 14, 2012
These envelopes were exactly what I was looking for. They look professional and seal well. I had seen a couple of reviews that suggested that the seals were less than effective but that was not my experience.
on March 8, 2013
Do you ever hate to lick a lot of envelopes? This Grip Seal is terrific. A little more expensive, but well worth it. You don't get that slobbery mess on the envelope, or that nasty taste on your tongue. When then make the glue taste like scotch, I will go back to licking envelopes.
on April 14, 2014
I keep a box of these on hand for my own use and that of my family; they are always asking do I have any of these on hand, so I keep a box on hand to save trips to the store. As larger envelopes go, these are really the best quality, and easy to use, Slap your label on, stuff your papers in, pull the tape off the sealer and close it with its self-sealing flap. Yes, I know, now and then you want to be sure that someone does not open it except the one intended so you might take some Scotch Tape and make a double-seal. I have done that myself. But you can believe me, this is a great envelope and a good fit for regular 8.5x11 paper, it makes a good impression when received, and looks professional. I also use other Columbian products for mailing and I can tell you these are the best and at the right price.

See 1 answered question