Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Combatting Cult Mind Control: The #1 Best-selling Guide to Protection, Rescue, and Recovery from Destructive Cults
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 11, 2016
Excellent
on June 9, 2016
Interesting book by a professional.
on April 24, 2016
This book helped me realize how pervasive mind control groups are. I learned about the characteristics of mind control groups and how to recognize them. It also helped me understand why it was so hard to leave the group I had been in since I was young.
on April 4, 2016
All the tools you need to prevent from becoming a mindless sheep!
on April 1, 2016
Steve Hassan wrote the best book about identifying mind control techniques and how to handle individuals who have fallen under the spell of cults and their often charismatic leaders. Hassan tells the personal and absorbing tale of his journey into and out of the Unification Church (Moonies) over twenty five years ago, and how he has helped many victims escape the grasp of mind control cults. Filled with fascinating stories from survivors and important tips on how to effectively handle ensnared mind control victims, Combating Cult Mind Control: The #1 Best-selling Guide to Protection, Rescue, and Recovery from Destructive Cults deserves its status as a bestseller on the subject.
on February 20, 2016
This is a great book on undue influence and cult mind control. Here in CCMC, I was educated on just how many cults do exist and how dangerous many of them are. Cults operate under the rubrics of heavy deception and even tax fraud not to mention controlling people's minds. What I also like is that the author can speak from his experience about being involved in a cult himself therefore he can really know how to successfully intervene and work with people as a psychotherapist to help people exit out of their own cults let alone know what to look for in the personality of someone in a cult. There are other authors out there who come from more of an intellectual rather than experiential background of this very delicate subject. Steve Hassan is a cult expert and describes excellent example of how he helps someone to exit a cult and what that cult exiting process is like in specific detail. This is a must read for everyone because there are cults everywhere. I used to think that cults were only religious but there are political, social and even business cults. Everyone must read this book and this must be required reading for courses on the psychology of influence. Lastly, I want to mention: "Beware of any kind of idolatry, it can be a dangerous cult leader ensnaring you into their trap." For people like myself who work in the areas of industrial organizational psychology, cults are the most extreme forms of group think in organizations where in some cases the consequences can be disaster. I will definitely be re-reading this book and referring to it again and again...
on February 13, 2016
This is simply an amazing book, just amazing. I feel that anyone who has ever been involved in a cult, even for a very short period and maybe even more so for a short period, or thinking of joining something that you are not too familiar with, needs this book. I have never read one like it and this man is truly an expert. You will not go wrong by reading this, but will learn a great amount of things that I doubt you ever knew. Thanks for the great work.
on February 9, 2016
This is a must read for anyone with any hint of a cult in their lives. It may help you, a family member, or friend avoid or escape a cult. No one joins a cult, and no one believes they are in one. But with 3,000 American destructive cults today--there is a pretty good chance you know someone in one. Learn how hypnosis and mind control are secretly used as undue influence in lives.
on February 5, 2016
This book is a must read for anyone. It's astounding now many cults there are!! Best to be aware of the traps and then we won't fall into them.
Also a great book to help those who've been in cults, understand the experience more, and realize how they were dupped.
on January 17, 2016
I read Steven Hassan’s book in three days, scattering through it a whole packet of sticky notes. It has deepened my understanding of my own life as well as strengthening my knowledge of and compassion for others. Steven’s resolute determination to support the authentic self in his clients and friends shines through. As an ex cult member myself, I have acute antenna for hidden agenda’s but I felt that I was in safe hands from the first page as I immersed myself in Steven’s bible on the workings of Mind Control and how to combat it. My confidence came from observing that Steven cared deeply, avoided sensationalism and was transparent about his own process and learning.
I have spent much of the last decade unraveling the mechanisms of mind control that I experienced in the cult of Andrew Cohen but still found this book shed important new light on how a group of idealistic individuals with the best of intentions could create a context that was devastating to so many. The chapter on understanding mind control was for me most valuable. When I read about Steven’s BITE model and how cognitive dissonance explains how manipulation of Behavior, Information, Thought and Emotion are interrelated, several new pieces about the cult phenomenon fell into place.
This book is invaluable for anyone beginning to question whether their relationship to a group or an individual is balanced and healthy. It is also a fantastic book for reflective seekers, leaders and psychotherapists who are dedicated to cultivating authenticity in themselves or others.

Marlowe Sand author of “Paradise and Promises – Chronicles of my life with a self-declared, modern-day Buddha”