4.0 out of 5 stars Nice features, could use a few changes
Published on June 23, 2012 by Erin Calabria

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh, it's ok
I think if you buy this starting from when a baby is little it's a good buy, but I was buying it for an 18 month old and really was more stroller than I needed.
Pros:
Flat recline
infant safety boot
bumper...
Published 9 months ago by Suzette Stone

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice features, could use a few changes, June 23, 2012
Erin Calabria "11eleven" (Lancaster, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Combi Cosmo DX Lightweight Stroller, Graphite Scribble (Baby Product)
This is a really nice lightweight stroller. We have a Chicco Cortina, which is AMAZING, but weighs 25 lbs! My friend and I have season passes to Disneyland and we like meeting up to take our boys there often. Unfortunately, the Chicco stroller is just too heavy for me to manage by myself when getting on/off the tram and using the escalator while juggling my 6 month old and his numerous bags of stuff. I got this stroller because it has many of the same features I wanted that the Chicco has, but is MUCH lighter and also has a carrying strap so that I can easily put it over my shoulder while juggling all my other stuff.

PROS:
-Has a carrying strap and is lightweight
-Has an almost fully reclining seat, which seems really comfy and has a nice 5 point harness
-Has a sunshade with a peek hole to check on your child (although it is extremely small. I had to get the Protect a Bub sunshade extension)
-Has a snack tray for your child with cupholder (very important)
-Has an (admittedly very flimsy) drink holder for you
-Fabric feels high quality and looks really nice, colors are really cute

CONS:
-The basket underneath is extremely small and almost unusable. You could put a blanket and some small items in it, but not a diaper bag.
-Also, the folding of the stroller isn't very intuitive (I had to carefully read the directions) and you have to attach and hook two pieces together to hold it all closed (unlike the Chicco which automatically snaps closed and stays)
-Does NOT have an adjustable handlebar like the Chicco. This is important because my husband is 6'2". He recently used the Combi for the first time to take my son on a 30 min walk around the neighborhood and said he felt hunched over and his back hurt afterwards since the handle was so low
-the wheels seem cheaply made and because the handle doesn't stick out very far horizontally from the stroller, I kept kicking the back wheels when walking

Overall its a nice lightweight stroller, but is better suited for quick shopping trips than an all day use, in my opinion. Although I DO like the stroller, I probably wouldn't buy it again if I had to do it over.

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh, it's ok, October 21, 2013
Pros:
Flat recline
infant safety boot
washable seat
high handlebar
cup holder
storage bag on back of seat
standing fold
lightweight to lift in and out
bumper bar
Cons:
basket is difficult to access
wheels aren't that great
steering one handed was difficult
sunshade pretty useless
fold a bit cumbersome to do
cup holder on bumper bar is very shallow.

For me, I need a stroller with a one hand steer as I'm pushing my 18 month old and holding the hand of my 3 year old. The steering was difficult on this one. I hate the storage basket. I love that its free standing when folded. I went ahead and purchased another first years ignite stroller, which I think is sufficient for an 18 month old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best baby purchase ever!, July 3, 2013
I purchased this stroller for my baby when he was 3 months old and I LOVE it. I was looking for something light and easy to fold and this one is perfect. The stroller is light but sturdy and super easy to fold. I traveled with it on an international flight and checked it at the gate. I love the look. The quality is ok. I read a bad review that made me hesitate as it talked about how this stroller does not run well on grass. This was not a problem for me; I don't have the need to push a stroller in the grass; I use side walks. The basket at the bottom is sort of useless, but that's ok for me since my Skip Hop diaper bag can be easily attached to the stroller's handles. Also, I wish it provided better sun protection. If I have to use it again in hot and sunny caribbean weather I may have to add a sun shade. Despite this, I am glad I did not listen to the bad reviews!!! I am more than pleased with this product. I also own a Graco Dynamo(tm) Lite Classic Connect(tm) LX Travel System but the Combi is much easier to use. It fits in my trunk perfectly (I drive a compact car). I bought it for $99 plus a 20% discount, by far one of the best baby purchases I've made. I also own a McLaren Triumph but have not started using it since my baby is not 6 months yet, so I cannot compare these two.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 27, 2013
Received item pretty fast, but the tray bar piece didn't fasten into place on one side. Also, when we put the baby in the seat, it didn't hold her in place too well even with the harness securely on. She was able to lean far forward to the point of tipping the stroller over a couple of times, which scared us. The tray barricade piece not staying securely clicked in was enough for us to return the stroller. Thank you for a hassle free pick up and return. Although we wound up purchasing another stroller else where, we were still happy with Amazon's customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best purchases I made as a new mom, December 11, 2013
I had a colicky and very chubby four month old, when we finally went stroller shopping. My mother, who nannied for over thirty years, my husband and I all stopped by a baby supermart and the two of them tried every stroller there - price was no object. My mother wisely insisted we find something easy to fold and light, but comfortable for the baby. They narrowed it down to about four strollers, then we took the kiddo for a test drive in each to see how it worked in action.
We were stunned that this low cost wonder was the winner.
*It was less than 14 pounds
*We were able to shove the blanket, lunchbox and small diaper bag into he basket (although the location of a bar makes this a bit of a challenge, it can be done.
*It easily reclines to an almost flat bed, with a flap you could pull over the snack bar to elevate the baby's feet, which made it double as a pram. My son never fell asleep curled into a car seat, but if we laid him down in this stroller and wheeled him around the block, he was out. Then we just rolled him into the house and let him nap.
*Most of the stroller could be easily removed for washing
*The carrying strap makes this easy to sling over your shoulder and take along if you get to a hiking area or are simply packing up.
We bought a $10 sunshade to attach to the stroller shade when it was very sunny, but I love the fact that the original shade had a window with flap to peek at the baby.

I eventually got a jogging stroller and a Maclaren, but this stroller beat them out. The jogging stroller was too bulky for the car and the Maclaren had no cushion to warm the baby, wasn't washable, doesn't recline, was hard to unlock and left the baby's feet dangling. I walk quite a bit, so this stroller, which is small enough to weave through store aisles, has been a lifesaver for bags and coats even when the kiddo decides to walk (that full recline and foot lift makes it a three foot long basket). We loved it so much that we actually ordered a new one when we had a second child, because the old one was finally showing signs of wear after three years as my shopping cart/stroller.

They customer service is superb. I ran over the stroller once after i forgot to put it in the trunk, and amazingly, the only damage was a slightly bent wheel. I called them and a human being answered the phone and offered to send me new wheels for $15.

Overall, you really can't go wrong buying this stroller. If you completely disagree with this review, you will still have a great portable second stroller for grandma or the babysitter, but truly, your child will love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Stroller I have had, April 21, 2014
I was so happy to get this stroller because it was recommended to me. I am tall and have a hard time finding a good stroller. This one does not make me bend down to push it and it rides smoothly. I absolutely love how lightweight it is! I can fold it up and carry it with one hand. Great stroller!

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy open and close. Super light. Awesome for trips!, October 17, 2013
J. King (Metro Detroit, MI) - See all my reviews
Bought this as an extra stroller, specifically for use when weight and ease of opening and closing are crucial. Love it! Worth every penny. Took it for a week+ trip to NYC and wouldn't change a thing. Made travel on the subway system virtually painless. Shoulder strap was a big help for carrying on stairs. Packs compact in car for long road trips. Solid construction -- we walked all over NYC and the sights, up and down curbs; easy one handed steering; fits thru narrow spaces. Baby is very comfortable sitting or lying down, which is also easy to adjust. Shoulder and waist straps keep baby secure. One touch center button makes it easy to release, and two simple clicks to fasten. LOVE IT!
The bottom storage is a bit small, but expected and you can easily add on accessories for carrying drinks and other small items on the back of the handle. The visor is a bit small, so doesn't cover completely from sun/rain but not a big deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Meets my needs., October 11, 2013
This stroller was recommended to me so I was set on buying it. I don't really have other strollers to compare it to, but it seems like a good stroller. Folds up about as small as a large golf umbrella so that is nice. Lots of room to grow and you can use it as a lightweight stroller or put the car seat, a major feature I was looking at with strollers. I didn't want to have to buy two. My only complaint is that sometimes I feel like the handle is a little cheaply made - like it might split in two. I don't think it will, but I think they didn't use great quality materials to make the stroller or the car seat. Not really a big deal though. What can you expect when nothing is made in the USA anymore?

2.0 out of 5 stars We wound up returning it..., September 26, 2013
z-mom (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
We bought this for trips to the zoo and parks. The stroller itself is nicely made, it's easy to fold and it stands up when folded which is a nice feature. However, we had to return it. It was good for a few days but the wheels wore out quickly. I can't imagine the issue not occurring with a replacement so we switched to a completely different stroller and have had better luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, November 22, 2012
Best combo pack my husband is tall it works with him the car seat is great and it folds easily. Get a kiddopotamus shade to increase shade. Love the cup holder for me !!

Combi Cosmo DX Lightweight Stroller, Graphite Scribble