Top positive review
99 people found this helpful
Love this watch.
on February 21, 2012
I bought this watch when it was on sale for around a $100, but after having it for a while, would still pay the $70 more for it's current price point. That said, look around, you might be able to find it cheaper elsewhere.
I'm not in the military, though I do actively participate in outdoor activities, so I was looking for a watch that could take the elements as well as look good.
In regards to fashion:
- This watch is a looker. The matte black finish with the white dials are perfect for casual or semi-formal attire.
- It's a big watch, so if you have a small wrist or like watches that aren't heavy, this watch might not be for you.
- I can't emphasize enough how nice this watch looks if paired with properly (black belt, black shoes, etc)
In regards to functionality:
- G-Shocks are known for being able to take a beating and I've put mine through a lot. At first, I treated this watch like a baby because at the time, it was the most I ever spent on a watch after rarely spending more than $20. After a while I realized that I could wear it to work (I worked in lumber at a home improvement store) and not worry about beating it up. I've banged it pretty hard a few times and only have a small gouge that is very hard to see.
- The white dial hands help make spotting the time very easy.
- The biggest problem I have is the light up feature. When really dark out, it doesn't fully light up the face of the watch. It gives enough to give an idea of where the hands are at, but you sort of have to look hard.
- I love the automatic analog hands that move when you set the time or switch time zones.
- The feature of being able to have a second time in a timezone of your choice is fantastic. As someone who frequently shifts between time zones, having this function is really nice.
- Did I mention this watch can be put through the ringer and still come out unscatched? Shock resistant, Waterproof to 200M (655 ft, a little more than 2 football fields), magnetic resistant, AND it has a battery life of about 2 years? Yea, I love it.
I love this watch. It looks great and is as durable as the people it's pitched at. A friend of mine, whom actually is in the Army, got one like this on my recommendation and loves it. If you're on the fence about this, I'd say hop off and go for it.