Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 21, 2010 11:17:09 AM PST
Razor X says:
Does anybody know the reasoning behind offering the Blu-ray/DVD combo packs in both Blu-ray and DVD packaging? I ordered the DVD packaging because Amazon can get it to me before Christmas, which they can't do with the Blu-ray packaging.

Posted on Jan 8, 2011 6:41:51 PM PST
Karen D says:
to make more money - that it is to drive up the sales of blu-ray players which will in turn mean people will buy (or rent) more blu-rays which normally cost more then dvds. Doing this with a favorite movie like Sound of music is a win-win for them - it is the gateway drug in a manner of speaking. Plus something as visual as Sound of music will make people wonder - how does that look in HD?
as more and more people buy more and more sets where the good stuff is on Blu-Ray; they will be tempted to just pitch their DVD Player and buy a Blu-Ray Player. I won't - unless my DVD players breaks. But i see no reason to buy something i don't need when I have tons of stuff i don't need already.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2011 7:04:01 PM PST
Razor X says:
I understand the rationale for packaging a Blu-ray and DVD together, but why the two different kinds of packaging?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2011 9:39:57 AM PST
There are people anal enough out there not to buy a blu-ray/DVD release if they can't get it without a cardboard sleeve.

Depends on what you want to fit into your collection. If you need the larger DVD packaging to fit the rest of your video library, that's what they're providing. What I don't get, is the sometimes disparaging price differences between the two cases... (I like the blu cases. No need for the large DVD packaging.)

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 9:26:58 AM PDT
Suzette M says:
I need a DVD version, NOT Blu Ray as I am giving this as a GIFT to someone who does NOT have Blu Ray - it is NOT clear - IS there a DVD and also a Blu Ray DVD? Need answer now, please. 30June11

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2011 9:48:13 AM PDT
Karen D says:
Yes - but there are no special features (well none worth speaking of) on the DVD

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2011 10:10:23 AM PDT
Razor X says:
If you want the DVD only, get this version:

The Sound of Music (Two-Disc 40th Anniversary Special Edition)

It will include special features.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 30, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Sound of Music [VHS]
The Sound of Music [VHS] by Julie Andrews (VHS Tape)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (2,327)