5.0 out of 5 stars Great Combination
Published on August 26, 2011 by FernGuer

3.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT EVEN THO REFURBISHED WORKS GREAT
Published 19 months ago by S.P

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Combination, August 26, 2011
This review is from: Comcast Netgear Wireless Cable Modem Gateway CG814WG (Electronics)
Easy to install, configure, and operate. At its peak usage, seven computers connect through this modem/router (wireless and hard line) and none have experienced dropped connections or slow performance. I've tested the wi-fi with streaming data at a radius of 50 ft. without any signal loss. Can't speak highly enough about this product, and when the time comes, I expect to make another Netgear modem/router its replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars good choice, April 3, 2013
work really good no problems at all shipped out on time got here when it say it would worked with no problem

3.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT EVEN THO REFURBISHED WORKS GREAT, January 5, 2013
I always had reservation on whether to buy refurbished products. I think it purely depends on the skills of the techs who refurbish the product to 'fix' the problem. It can be a hit or miss situation on whether you get lucky to get a good, working product. I got lucky. :-) Works excellently - no problems at all. HOWEVER I DID NOT GET ANY INSTRUCTIONS WITH IT AT ALL AND SPENT OVER 4 HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH TECH SUPPORT AND TIME WARNER TRYING TO GET IT SET UP. THAT WAS NOT A GOOD PART . THEY SHOULD ABSOLUTELY SEND INSTRUCTIONS EVEN IF THE PRODUCT IS REFURBISHED. I am not a techy and had HUGE problems installing it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Received damaged product, December 17, 2012
This router was damaged when I opened the packaged. The wireless antenna was broken & there were plastic pieces everywhere. This device was not packaged properly & was shipped in a soft bubble wrap & might have been damaged in the shipment process. That still is poor customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless, March 21, 2013
The range is not far but it has worked for what i needed at this time. We have multi users without alot of buffering.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, no power switch, January 4, 2011
The unit works as expected. I use Comcast which lists this unit as compatible. It was setup and running in seconds with our Unix (Linux) operated computers, the Windows one took a few minutes, better than expected if I may say so.

I like the small design, woud rather have it standing straight up, mine did not come with supporting legs.

There is no power switch on the unit, it stays on all the time. Not only a waste of energy and additional wear on the unit, it also makes the network visible all day.

Bottom line: It is a more affordable product and works fine. No need to go go DOCSIS 3 as in my case my provider does not have it setup yet. I recommend to check with your provider first before spending money on DOCSIS 3. Same with wireless "N", no need for it if you are not setup yet, that includes the computers you are about to connect as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Work, April 24, 2014
MARY LEGATES (GREENWOOD, DE, US) - See all my reviews
It didn't work when I tried using it. I'm not sure what the problem was so I returned it and went to Radio Shack and bought the "latest" recommended model modem and router. I spent much more money, so perhaps I was underestimating what was needed for wireless connections throughout my home.

1.0 out of 5 stars defective, March 14, 2014
sells defective modems, spent whole day trying to figure this out only to have time warner declare modem is defective, then tried to get refund and they sell you another modem for higher price and haven't even gotten it yet....gee thanks for not helping me save money on renting a modem, terrible customer service

4.0 out of 5 stars Net Gear, March 10, 2014
Works great, could have better instructions for set up included, had to call netgear. Fast delivery, good price. Works fine with Comcast cable even though they said it is too old.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work- sending back!, January 19, 2014
Works fine hooked up via cord. But could not obtain a wireless connection, Netgear will not help you. My cable company would not help me. Waste of money. Will be returning!

Rate and Discover Movies