Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
asked by GatorGirl on July 1, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
I have Comcast Triple Play & when I had it hooked up the installer from Comcast had to install a separate modem in our basement near the circuit box. It is much larger than a cable modem & has a back-up battery as part of it. I don't think you can use this cable modem for your voice hook-up but I would check with Comcast.
PJC answered on August 2, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
this router and tel modem is off a list comcast provides for people who want their own these are proven to be compatible with comcast serv.they just want your money.make sure the modem is docisc 3.0 and supports ipv6 the new ip adress standard vs. ipv4 which is a overloaded server.to use voice must be a telephony modem.they have a link on comcast site for rou and mod.
William Clos answered on September 11, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't know either, but faced with the same problem. Called Best Buy, and they didn't carry it. Even Fry's did not have it. Nobody has it. Is Comcast paying these competitors off to prevent them from selling something they can rent for $7 a month?
Amazon Customer answered on July 15, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was going to go with similar last yr and sign up for Xfinity triple play.
Bought the Broadband modem. Was later told by Xfinity, No No No,
you MUST rent OUR modem like 8$ per month. You can't bring your
own equipment. You had better call them before buying.
abnerr answered on September 10, 2012

A
I do not see a phone jack on this modem. I was told by the Comcast sales guy that I can have my own modem. In fact, he recommended doing that to save money over the long term. I think the model with phone jacks is Motorola SBV6220
Watergal answered on December 20, 2012

A
Comcast claims that the modems are still not in my area. Clearly Comcast wants to keep charging $7 a month for an item that should be sold for $50. Much chaper to get satalite TV.
roy greenfield answered on July 27, 2013

A
you cannot you must have a telephony modemi would suggest arris tm 722g in combo with dlink dir 825 wireless router expert advice
William Clos answered on September 9, 2012
Comment | 2 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product