Comcast users: How do you hook up your phone line with this modem? The modem I rent from Comcast has a phone line input that I have to use for my phones in my house to work. Judging from the pics, this modem doesn't seem to have that input, so how do you use your home phones? Thanks.
[UPDATED] asked by Lebron James on August 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Not possible,The Motorola SB6121 is not a telephony modem.Comcast Voice will not work with this modem.
stantheman answered on August 28, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Try the Arris 822G Touchstone. Amazon carries it.
H. Klein answered on October 25, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I wish I had seen this post before buying the Motorola Surboard for more than $100.
For Voice/Phone, I have to lease the Arris modem from Comcast for $7/month.

Is there a DOCSIS 3.0 modem which will support BOTH Comcast Internet and VOIP?
Thanks!
Victor answered on October 23, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
you don't with this modem. ask comcast what they require. they told me i must continue to rent their modem. i most likely will cancel comcast voice, as i just cancelled their xfinity and went with directv.
Susan A. Hickey answered on November 25, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You just need to add a router. Then connect your voip adapter to the router. Plug phone into Voip adapter and you have phone service. All of this assuming you have a Vonage, Ooma, or other phone service adapter
John H. answered on May 6, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is a cable modem and uses the same cable (split off of course) that you hook to your tv. This has nothing to do with your telephone. Probably need to call them to see what you need.
St8kout answered on December 12, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product