Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Come Back To Me
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on November 16, 2011
Beau and Tess are a happily married couple when Beau goes to Iraq on a photography shoot only to have his plane crash in the middle of the desert. Unbeknown to Tess, Beau survives the plane crash and this is the story of how Tess tries to move on without Beau while Beau struggles to come back to his wife from Iraq.

I really did enjoy reading most of this book. It held my attention and I really wanted to know how everyone would end up, but I only gave it 3 stars because about 3/4s of the way into the book the story takes a drastic turn from anything I could have imagined. From that point on the book was just sad and heartbreaking. Even the ending didn't really satisfy me in tying up loose ends and feeling like all the characters had a resolution. There was just TOO much drama and too many tragic events for me to believe. I wish the author would have stuck with the main story the whole way through. I'm not saying all books should have happy endings but this one was just too much for me.
on July 1, 2013
There were SO many good reviews that I wanted to just love this book but I couldn't! Was it a powerful, engaging story? Absolutely! but I felt that the book tried to hard.

The first half of the book was good but I didn't like the way Kevin and Alice's relationship started to develop as it had a tiny bit of a cheesy romance feel to it. The relationship almost seemed a bit forced in the beginning and could have used more development.

The second half of the book slightly annoyed me because there was so many things happening that it made the story less believable for me. I felt if the story had slowed down a bit and had more time to develop it would have been better. But perhaps that was the writer's intent...to make us feel overwhelmed by all the activity just like how Beau would have felt?

Was it a good read? Yes.
Would I recommend it? For sure, especially for anyone that wants a good, quick read.
But could it have been so much more? I think so.

This was the first book I read by Melissa Foster so I plan to read some of her other works.
on March 15, 2012
Although I had high hopes for this book, about halfway through, it went downhill. I have never been so depressed after reading a book. Nothing prepares you for the downer this book is. There's so much hope and good character building. They are likeable and then it seems like the author gets tired of the story. I also didn't like the way we never find out whar happens to Louie, nor does Tess ever find out why is such a compassionate man. I just didn't understand why the author chose to make this such a downer.
on February 16, 2013
A little slow at first. Made myself get back into it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was very surprised at the end.
on April 20, 2012
The reviews for this book are all over the place, and now I know why. For those of us who prefer an HEA, this book ends up as a disappointment (even though, by the time I got to the end, I was uncontrollably weeping). I really really really wanted there to be an HEA. There just wasn't. In fact, the last third of the book is such a downer that I cannot, with good conscience, recommend it to anyone who tends to get so invested in a book that he/she will end up feeling the same sadness I felt.

Yes, life is not 100 percent wonderful. Yes, bad things happen to good people. But, one of the reasons I enjoy escaping into a good book is that, at least during that time, I can escape whatever negativity is impacting my real life at the moment. I do not mind conflict within a book; in fact, that tends to make the HEA even more enjoyable. The conflict in this book, however, simply led to worse things.

The writing was well done; the characters were well developed; but drat, why couldn't it have had a bit more of a positive ending? It's going to take me a while to get over this one.
on December 30, 2012
It was a really good book, however there were times when I became very frustrated with the characters, but in all it was a good read
on December 20, 2011
I read this on my kindle...there were a lot of spelling errors (all right is two words) and I felt the story itself was just disjointed and weird. Louie's character was random---and what was the point of alluding to "Karen" if all you read about was one or two blurbs about her? I just didn't get it. It was a fast read but it left me very dissatisfied and I was not impressed. The ending was a flop. Too many characters and too many subplots for me.
on April 18, 2012
The beginning and middle of this book kept my interest....the last 25% of this book was repetitive and boring. I had to skim to finish it. It appears to me the author hurried to finish the book. It was ok.
on December 1, 2012
So many of the free or lower price books are ridiculous or filled with typos. This book was well written and definitely not what I expected. Don't wanna spoil the end, but wow!
on May 31, 2013
definitely thought provoking, did not like the end but that was the only thing .. had a lot of tension through it