5.0 out of 5 stars An Intriguing Tale of Loss, Loyalities and Love
Published on November 1, 2011 by E. Barnes

3.0 out of 5 stars A little TOO much drama, but still worth reading
Beau and Tess are a happily married couple when Beau goes to Iraq on a photography shoot only to have his plane crash in the middle of the desert. Unbeknown to Tess, Beau survives the plane crash and this is the story of how Tess tries to move on without Beau while Beau struggles to come back to his wife from Iraq.

I really did enjoy reading most of this book...
Published on November 16, 2011 by Amanda

5.0 out of 5 stars An Intriguing Tale of Loss, Loyalities and Love, November 1, 2011
This review is from: Come Back To Me (Kindle Edition)
Come Back to Me is a story of loss, love and loyalties. When Beau leaves for Iraq as part of a photography assignment, he promises Tess he will come back to her, and when Tess hears the news of Beau's death, she holds tight to that promise. She refuses to give up on him and doesn't believe he's dead, especially when she is carrying their child. But when she meets Louie and at the insistence of her family and friends, she doesn't know whether to give up on Beau and move on with her life or still hold him to his promise of returning.

Beau wakes up in the middle of the desert in Iraq with two Iraqi women mending him back to health. He doesn't know how he will get home, nor does he know if he'll survive the trip with the women to get out of Iraq. What he does know is that he isn't giving up on going back home to Tess. She is what keeps him going.

Does Tess give up on Beau? Does Beau make it back home? What happens to these characters? I think these are answers you should find out on your own when you read, Come Back to Me.

I'm not lying when I say that I lost sleep the week I was reading this book. I stayed up way too late trying to find out what happened next. I neglected my own writing in order to read the tale woven by Melissa.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grabs you right away and doesn't let go: Amazing!, November 1, 2011
This review is from: Come Back To Me (Kindle Edition)
As I sat down to write this review, I was still overcome with emotion. I read this book in two evenings. The last evening I was clutching my IPad, tears streaming down my face, until past midnight. I couldn't put it down. I needed to be with Tess until the end.

There's so much I want to tell readers, but so little I want to give away. From the first page, we are thrown into Tess Johnson's life, a vibrant woman who has just found out she's pregnant and soon discovers her husband is presumed dead. She fights so hard to hold onto him, refusing to believe he's gone.

The reader knows he's alive and trying to get back to her, but it's her desperation and heartache driving the story. Her husband, Beau, is in a foreign land, facing challenges he can only begin to understand. The family he encounters there deserves freedom, and I felt for them and their struggles. He survived a helicopter crash, but can he survive the escape to freedom?

My heart ached through every phase of Tess's grieving process. Two friends stuck with her through everything: Kevin, Beau's best friend, and Alice, her co-worker and best friend. Their mutual affection brings them together, ultimately in a way they weren't expecting. A new friend, a potential client named Louie, enters the picture and helps Tess move forward.

The ending is exhilarating and heartbreaking. We journey through Beau's trek home and Tess coming to grips with reality to then be thrust into them finding their way back together. The results are not cookie cutter or expected. No simple running into his arms.

I thought that's what I wanted, but Melissa Foster crafts such a fine story woven around people we can relate to and care about, that you trust where she takes you.

Every reader defines a good book differently. But if you rate yours based on memorable characters who pull you into the pages with them, like I do... this is the book for you.

Please note: Book received free of charge, but in no way was a positive review guaranteed or asked for. My opinion is just that, mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever Love, November 1, 2011
Pat Fordyce (NorthCarolina USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come Back To Me (Paperback)
This is the third novel by award winning author Melissa Foster, all totally different stories, told with compelling words. All the reviewers have given details of the story, I would like to give my reactions. I laughed, cried, gasped and cried again. Bess refused to believe she had lost Beau, when family and friends tried to convince her otherwise. Beau's total goal, even with devastating injuries, was to get back to Tess. These lovers went through countless hardships to try and make that happen. "Come Back To Me" is a beautiful story of undying love, friendship, and family. I know it is a story that I will read again. Don't miss it! Ms. Foster is on my list, waiting for every new novel she writes.

5.0 out of 5 stars HEART-BREAKING LOVE STORY, April 6, 2012
This review is from: Come Back To Me (Kindle Edition)
This story of never-ending love and heartbreak has really made me cry and made me feel moved. When Beau, Tess's husband, goes to Iraq to work as a photographer, and he disappears, Tess's world will change forever. Will she be able to accept her loss? Will she be able to move on?
The story is so well-written, and the plot is so beautifully woven that it keeps you trapped in the words since you start reading till you finish reading it. The story is very beautiful and grips you from the beginning, so when you least expect it, you are so hooked that you cannot put it down. The characters are very well-defined, very well-described, and each of them has personality traits that make you think they are real people, and not only a work of fiction. The plot is quite reliable, and its unexpected twists and events in the story make you gasp, cry, be angry, feel sorry, and experience all kind of emotions while reading it. The style suits perfectly the story, using a different register for each character, in what I think it is a very clever use of the language. I really would like to see this book become a film. It would be very interesting to watch the story that I already watched in my mind, thanks to the evocative language used by Melissa Foster. A real winner, a sure best-seller, I strongly recommend this book to everyone who likes reading about feelings and relationships.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding novel, August 27, 2012
This review is from: Come Back To Me (Paperback)
I rarely buy new books, but did so this time because the book was given a most favorable review in the Mensa Bulletin, and the book reviewer got it just right. This novel is worth reading; my money was well spent due to the enjoyment I got from reading this novel. Not only does the plot engage the reader but there is a lot to learn about the Iraqi society and its customs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read!, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Come Back To Me (Paperback)
"Come Back to Me" is an amazing story of the deep love between a husband and wife, even though thousands of miles separate them. I enjoyed the way Melissa Foster tied the two storylines together of Tess grieving her husband yet not believing he was dead and Beau's struggle to survive.

The characters feel real, emotions in this book are real and even the ending, though maybe not what you are expecting, is real. Be sure to have some tissues ready as you will need them.

I look forward to more books from Melissa Foster!

4.0 out of 5 stars Heart-wrenching, November 21, 2012
katcol (Memphis,TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come Back To Me (Kindle Edition)
The tale of Beau and Tess's love will will cause you to cry. It will cause you to get mad. In the end it will cause you to believe in love that endures all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad but stirring, August 12, 2012
BRENDA (MORRISTOWN, TN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come Back To Me (Kindle Edition)
A modern day story which will break your heart but hard to put down until the end. A surprising twist which actually gives a more realistic approach. Life does not always have a storybook ending and neither does this book but the characters have to get on with their lives.Only one character had loose ends but doesn't really affect the ending. Still I recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional and captures your attention, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Come Back To Me (Paperback)
I was intriqued from the beginning. The characters will be easily imagined in your mind and you will feel their emotions. Her writing really displays the soul of each person. I wanted to ask her questions about her characters and was very moved by the book. I cried and that to me was enough to make it five stars! If you enjoy a good love story that will keep you turning the page I would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but so sad, February 3, 2013
This review is from: Come Back To Me (Kindle Edition)
Haunting, and beautifully written. So achingly sad though. I cried . This book stayed in my thoughts for a long while.

Come Back To Me
Come Back To Me by Melissa Foster (Paperback - October 26, 2011)
Used & New from: $0.01