5.0 out of 5 stars Come And Knock On Our Door RULES
OK, maybe my opinion is biased because: I am a HUGE Three's Company fan, also a big Suzanne Somers fan and I luv just about all sitcoms from the 70's and 80's and luv books about TV shows in general. But I have to admit that COME AND KNOCK ON OUR DOOR was the very best book I ever read about any TV show. I felt like I was on the set of THREE'S COMPANY. The author...
Published on February 13, 2000 by JGC

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, though redundant
Published on March 4, 1999

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely an easy read, September 28, 2006
This review is from: Come and Knock on Our Door: A Hers and Hers and His Guide to "Three's Company" (Paperback)
Like so many others, I grew up watching "Three's Company", so I couldn't wait to dive into this book. Considering we're talking about a sitcom here, this is a light and fun read geared towards the super-fans. The behind the scenes stories are alternately funny and enlightening, and the author clearly went to great lengths to present all sides of the story. This is especially important, since opinions on the Suzanne Somers situation vary widely. One thing I do wonder about: considering she travelled the world studying philosophy and religion, why does Joyce DeWitt still talk about the salary dispute scandal as if it happened the other day? IT WAS 20 YEARS AGO!!!! Having said that, I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where the Kisses Are Hers, and Hers, and His, December 25, 2001
This is a truly great book! I recommend this to any "Three's Company" fan. Chris Mann went very indeph, especially for the years with Suzanne Somers (1977-1981). There is a great episode guide for "Three's Company" (1977-1984), "The Ropers" (1979-1980), & "Three's a Crowd" (1984-1985) at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 29, 2014
It is very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, January 13, 1999
By A Customer
Great book, pretty pictures

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS GREAT, September 29, 2001
B. Pando (Levittown, New York) - See all my reviews
IF YOU LIKE THE SHOW THREE'S COMPANY THIS IS A MUST BECAUSE IT HAS ALL THE INFO ABOUT THE SHOW. THERE IS AN EPISODE GUIDE. EACH CHAPTER IS ABOUT ONE SEASON OF THE SHOW. IT HAS THE LYRICS TO THE THEME SONG. IT HAS MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THAT SHOW THAN I BET THE ACTORS AND ACTRESSES KNOW. THIS BOOK WILL KEEP YOUR MIND BUSY. THE AUTHOR CHRIS MANN IS LIKE THE BEST.

4.0 out of 5 stars Come and Knock on Our Door, November 1, 2004
We get it. Three's Company isn't an intellectual masterpiece. Just as the show doesn't require an "I.Q. over 56", which is precisely one of the reasons to enjoy it, the book didn't set out to rank among the historical or philosophical tours de' force in literature. Give us a break, man. Yeah, when someone says they "stumbled upon something by accident" rather than intentionally sought it out, they probably mean the latter. You don't fool me, bud!

What is presented here is not a "guidebook" on Three's Company, because again, you're right, the show isn't brain surgery. What "Come and Knock on Our Door" is, is almost more of a piece of memorabilia than anything else. I happen to think the episode guide is great. The book was a precursor the TV movie and "E True Hollywood Story" and all the other "Three's Company" expose's that followed, and is just a well-written look into the show behind and in front of the camera. Waiting for a John Ritter biography that will hopefully be written, hopefully by Chris Mann.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, though redundant, March 4, 1999
By A Customer
This book contains a lot of little known facts about "Three's Company" (did you know there were 3 pilots?), but unfortunately the author fills a lot of space with repeated material. For example, he will quote one of the show's producers on a specific subject, then go into detail on it, and then quote one of the show's stars about the same thing and basically reiterate what he had just written.
The insight into the show's stars and writers is...well, insightful. Everyone seems to hold John Ritter in very high regard (though Joyce DeWitt does have some bickering points), and I felt a bit more of an appreciation for the entire cast.
Overall, a good, entertaining read, despite some redundancy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I had hoped, September 28, 2012
I thought the book was overwritten and boring at times. Most of the book is drawn-out fluff. Then the episode guide has one sentence describing each show. I learned more about this great show watching their E! True Hollywood Story than reading this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Only the presence of Priscilla Barnes may have helped, July 27, 2002
Felix Pesa (Youngstown, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
John Ritter was an insensitive fool, Joyce DeWitt is still emotionally scarred from the years of abuse and sexual discrimiation suffered at the hands of the NRW producing team, Don Knotts is old and Jenille Harrison was the fall guy for Suzanne Somers who only wanted equal pay for her work.
The author seems like a freak and the cast are all disappointments. Priscilla Barnes aka Nurse Terri, was the only thing that made the show watchable and she had the good sense to not participate in the book. Look for her in captavating supporting roles in films like "The Crossing Guard" and "Mallrats". At least Three's Company didn't overtake the lives and talents of everyone associated with it.
Watch ther reruns. Skip the Book. Don't ask questions.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste your time, February 20, 2000
This book was trash just like the television show. This was absolutley terrible

Come and Knock on Our Door: A Hers and Hers and His Guide to "Three's Company"
Used & New from: $26.36