5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive.
I was very impressed with Chip's first novel. His characters are believable and the plot was well thought out with enough twists to move the story along. It held my attention to the last page.
Published 8 months ago by Marsha Davis

2.0 out of 5 stars High School read
Published on April 22, 2012 by Ragtopman

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive., April 2, 2014
Marsha Davis (Brackenridge, PA, US) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars High School read, April 22, 2012
This review is from: Come Monday (Paperback)
So I ordered this book because it was advertised on a Jimmy Buffett web fourm that I got several good reads from. First I was puzzeled when I down loaded the book and it was only 81 pages. It cost the same or better than most of Clive Cussler or Randy Wayne White's books but was lacking any kind of detail or suspense. How could you have detail or suspense in an 81 page book.

I gave it 2 stars because I like Key West and he named a few of my favorite bars or it would have gotten 1 star.

Save your money...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, December 31, 2013
This review is from: Come Monday (Paperback)
This whole Jake Sullivan series is superb. Chip Bell is an excellent writer, very well done. A fast paced, great read. I could not put it down. I can't wait for more!

5.0 out of 5 stars A short story., May 22, 2014
I normally would not have down loaded this book, but reading the reviews, I wanted to see what caused the negative reviews. This turned out to be A great find. The author keeps you reading because the action never ceases. He does not bog you down with a lot of explanations or legal jargon.

I would highly recommend this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Çome Monday, May 22, 2014
This is à short story. It took me about one hour to read. Editing needed some help. There really was not anything new in the story. People got killed but since we did not really know them it was just kind of hohum

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, January 8, 2014
Know the author so I didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised for his first book liked it a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars A rare find!, April 4, 2013
I really wanted to dislike this book! A Key West author naming his book after the titles of the singer that sparked the resurrgance of Key West back in the late 70's, shame on you! But once I got into my first Jake Sullivan novel I was hooked. I love when an author uses local bars and restaurants in the novels. It helps when my tastes for atmosphere and food coincide with the authors choices. I conclude that Chip Bell must have been occupying some of those same bar stools as myself back in the days that I frequented the bars and haunts of Key West. Good to see Jake hung out at Pepe's, B.O.'s and The Green Parrot and away from those Duval street dives. Chip does Jake really like Corona's? I appreciate that he has not succumed to the slice of lime, but my money would be on him drinking Tecate? Corona's success is a direct result of media dollars, or is Jake's preference based on the fact that Corona sponsored Jimmy Buffett's tours back before Mr. Margaritaville invented his own beer?

I have now read the first three of the series and await the fourth, so keep up the good work Chip and I'll by the first round at No Name Pub if you'll buy the pizza! If you enjoy a good legal thriller set in the Keys, you will love the Jake Sullivan series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Short Thriller, May 22, 2014
An engaging thriller about a lawyer from Florida who uncovers a conspiracy involving the Attorney a General and a murderer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quick Read, May 22, 2014
If you yearn for Key West, If you like Jimmy Buffett Adventures you will like this one. From the Palm Trees to the cold beer it is a great little ride.

Quick moving, some unexpected turns, and a series I look forward to continuing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, March 29, 2014
This review is from: Come Monday (Paperback)
I love the series and highly recommend all the books. It's best to start with the first one so you learn all about Jake.

Come Monday
Come Monday by Chip Bell (Paperback - June 7, 2011)
$16.95 $13.03