Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 20, 2007
This 40 day devotional helps us to take the focus off from ourself even in the most challenging situations. Amy's back accident caused much pain, but she challenged herself to continually turn her eys to the grace and mercy of our Lord. It's sometime easy to say ok this is what the Lord has given me to carry and I accept it, but it's another thing to see all the beauty and blessing He bestows on us through the trials. I believe this devotional helps us to do just that.
on November 26, 2007
Amy's faith and inspiration are timeless. No one reaches me more consistently than she does. For anyone interested in spiritual formation, this one is a must.
on January 1, 2008
This book is a collection of forty brief selections from Amy Charmichael's writings. The book can be read as a devotional. It's a great introduction into the life of this godly missionary, as well. She writes profound, unique insights into the Christian life with very few words--something most people cannot do.

The reason I only gave it four stars, however, is because the book leaves a bit to be desired. I now want to read her writings in greater length and in context-- not just a paragraph or two. Also, there are short prayers at the end of each selection, clearly written by David Hazard or someone else, not Amy. The prayers are somewhat shallow. Even though I stopped reading them, the language he used in comparison to hers REALLY took away from her great insights.
on June 19, 2012
I recently purchased I Come Quietly...in Kindle format. The readings are wonderful! Just what I have been needing too supplement my quiet time. However, in looking through my bookshelf to see what other Amy Carmichael books I have I found You Are My Hiding Place. The two books are the same! Same contents, same arrangement, same person who did the compilation. Don't buy both books thinking you will get something different.
on May 7, 2015
I have every Amy Carmichael book that was written...I thought...then I saw I Come Qickly To Meet You
WOW‼️ If you like real depth from an author who loved Jesus & gave over 50 years of her life saving India's children from legalized protitution ( a law has been passed now that forbids Temple buying of children). Then you will appreciate the devotions in this book.
on June 26, 2010
If you're needing some encouragement or a friend to help you in a difficult time, Amy Carmichael does just that in this book. Her frankness, wisdom, and insight provides comfort and truth allowing you to draw closer to the LORD. This is a wonderful devotional book for anyone desiring to grow close to God.
on November 25, 2013
I'm finding it hard to keep my own copy of this book. I think I have given away 3 or 4 copies already and have not finished it. It is simply a beautiful and inspirational book. It's one that you want to keep going back to...if you can keep it around...
on April 6, 2013
If you are a fan of Amy Carmichael, you know she has the ability to stop life and focus on the Lord alone. Her whole life, and even her daily routine, is a testimony. Reading her words, in small chapters a day, is such a blessing. I bought it to help me slow me down and focus in hearing the Lord in quiet times. Now her words help me in all aspects of life. I highly recommend this collection. The arranger adds his own prayers at the end of each devotional chapter. I still read Candles in the Dark, but this is a nice supplement.
on June 25, 2013
While this was a used book, it was in very good shape. It arrived quickly. I appreciated being able to ship to different addresses with my multiple orders. Amy Carmichael's works are inspiring and powerful because every page is soaked with Scripture truth, which, of course, is eternal.
on October 5, 2006
i really like her works, and this book is just so good to collect great articles together from her different books. it's really a useful devotion book, highly recommend it :)