4.0 out of 5 stars One of Jeni's best stand-up-specials yet., December 14, 1998
bcs1@bryant.edu (Smithfield,RI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Comedy Superstars: Richard Jeni - Crazy From the Heat [VHS] (VHS Tape)
His first stand up show for Showtime was one of his best. His jokes were hillariouslly funny. Another good title to look for is Richard Jeni's HBO Special Platypus Man.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funnier than Eddie Murphy and Denis Leary, May 26, 1999
By A Customer
I have never laughed so hard in my life! It get's even better with his new performance, The Good Catholic Boy. He is THE funniest stand-up comedian I have seen. Cannot wait until he comes to Houston in Fall '99.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Man There Ever Was!!!, February 5, 2010
J. Sullivan (Mesquite, NV United States) - See all my reviews
I adored Richard Jeni and wish he was still around. Everything he did was hysterical, including this VHS tape. Wish it was available on DVD, but since it isn't, I bought it in whatever form I could. I want to own everything that was ever recorded by him.

5.0 out of 5 stars I had to have this, February 7, 2014
I remember seeing this special a loooooong time ago and recording in onto a VHS tape. A group of us would watch it over and over and it never got old. We still quote bits from it all these years later and I'm so happy I found it on Amazon. Had same old friends over recently to watch and we laughed until we cried. Such a shame he's gone. Great memories after all these years. RIP Mr. Jeni...you left us too soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of greatest sets, by one of the greatest, July 13, 2009
This is one of the best sets E-VER! Just thinking about some of the material in this makes me laugh out loud. Great!

RIP Mr. Jeni. We miss you already.

4.0 out of 5 stars You've got to see this!, May 3, 1999
By A Customer
Although Platypus Man is his best work I've seen, this comes in a very close second place. He is a short, New-Yorker with an attitude. He's not afraid to make fun of anyone, including himself.

Comedy Superstars: Richard Jeni - Crazy From the Heat [VHS]