5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Shredder!!!
Published 21 months ago by jvazy381

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate and quiet. Not for heavy use.
Published 15 months ago by Lesa Rasure

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Shredder!!!, July 11, 2012
This review is from: Comet CM-C-100 10 Sheet Cross Cut Paper Shredder - Shreds CD/DVD, Credit Cards, Staples - Whisper Quiet (5.5 Gallon) (Electronics)
I just received my shredder 6 days earlier than was expected and was excited. I started using it right away destroying those annoying credit card offers unopened. It chewed through it like nothing and to top it off it is a much quiet shredder then most I have purchased. I ran it for about 10 minutes straight with bundles as big as 12 papers and not once did the overheat light go on. Also I shredded a few old credit cards and useless cds with no problem. I was a little skeptical at first at buying this unit due to the lack of reviews but wow I'm happy I did. Don't hesitate, give it a try =)

**The comment below brought to my attention that in the description there was no mentioning of a overheat light...so I posted some pictures up top along with the others so that you can verify it yourself if needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this amazingly quiet shredder, May 27, 2012
First off, this shredder is amazingly quiet. I have owned a few other brands of shredders over the past few years, and they were all loud. Another thing that I like about this shredder is that it is not messy. The head lift-up design on this shredder prevents shreds from falling all over the place. The shredders with pull-out design are usually the ones that make a mess.

One issue I encountered was that when I received this shredder, the plastic front window snap-in piece had one of the clips broken. Nevertheless, it still snapped in place fine. The manufacturer needs to be more careful with their quality control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, October 30, 2012
I admit I'm pretty hard on paper shredders - I've burned up two already, jammed a motor with a staple in another, and needed a new one. This one was a great price. Because of my prior experiences with shredders, I was pleased this one came with a larger bin and a handy overheating warning light. It has happily munched loads of junk mail (no need to remove staples!) and credit cards and never checked up. Surprisingly, I have yet to overheat it either. A great find! I've been so pleased with it that I recommended it to my dad, and he enjoys his too. He especially appreciates that it is super quiet. I find it much quieter than any previous shredder I've ever used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comet CM-C-100 Rave Review, January 15, 2013
The Comet CM-C-100 is very quiet and does shred the documents, papers, credit cards, etc. very well and to our expectations. We would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a well-made product that does the job right without a hassle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shreds good, January 13, 2013
James Arquitt (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
Good shredder for the money. It is good for small office and home shredding.
I like the cross cut shredding of CD's.

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate and quiet. Not for heavy use., January 11, 2013
Lesa Rasure (NEW BOSTON, TEXAS United States) - See all my reviews
As far as shredders go, this one is reasonably quiet. You won't find a shredder that is silent. If you think about what it is doing, you will understand that. It does shred papers easily, but I get the feeling it is not for extended periods of CD shredding. It is very loud when shredding a DVD, and as one reviewer mentioned, it does tend to jam easily while doing this. I had some extra DVD slide shows to shred which contained personal photos, but it took a few days as I did not push it by trying to do too many at once. It was very loud and kept flashing the overheated light, so I would cut it back to five or less at once. It is very heavy in comparison to others, but that is to be expected I guess. I take mine outside to empty as I do not want to drop the sharp pieces from the DVDs on the floor where my dogs could get to them.
If you are mainly going to shred papers, this one is great for that but not for extended periods of CD or DVD shredding. It's nice to not worry about removing staples too. It certainly helps fill in for my small shredder when the filing cabinet needs an overhaul. I gave it just three stars as it seems to be working a bit harder than it should when in constant use. I am careful not to exceed the page limit, or time frame. I do not have a regular jobs to use this with, just an occasional file update, and a stray DVD or two. For those jobs, it works fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Shredder, January 2, 2013
As others have indicated, the feed slot is narrow and not very forgiving, yet the paper feeds in just fine, it's just a bit more difficult/intimidating to get started. When shredding, the shredder makes a chugging noise, a completely "normal" sound for this shredder and I suppose that is partly why it is less noisy than other machines. It also may account for its somewhat slower speed. I don't like the fact that the basket does not have a lip by which to grab it to dispose the cut paper (an Aurora I owned did have a lip and this feature makes the basket easier to handle). This motor on this shredder is much heavier than the old shredder I had, yet, functionally doesn't seem to have that vast an improvement to justify it's increased weight.

I cannot say if I would recommend this Comet CM-C-100 shredder or not. Initial function is good and it shreds paper in smaller bits than the Aurora though insignificantly so (they were both cross-cut type). This machine does not seem to get as clogged as the older shredder either and the basket is larger.

My biggest concern for these shredders is longevity--the plastic clip which held the rod which activated a switch when paper was fed thru, broke on my previous shredder. I fixed it a couple of times but once broken, it continued to be a weak spot. If this construction is similar, I expect the same will happen after a few years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Economical hard worker, December 31, 2012
This shredder is quiet and works very well for a home office. You don't want to overload it, but it does the job, shreds credit cards easily and papers that aren't too thick. Be patient and feed several sheets at a time, but don't bog it down with too many. It's not as powerful as the Xerox shredder I used to have, but it definitely is adequate for a home office and it's quieter than my previous shredder. It is an excellent value for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Had to return the first shredder..., March 6, 2013
due to a broken piece. Shipped the shredder back and a new one was returned. Second one was not broke and works fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING shredder and super economical, March 5, 2013
Tartan Lass (Gorgeous Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
So far, I love-love-love this shredder! Easy to use, works like a champ, makes mincemeat of several sheets of paper at one time, and pulverizes credit cards and CD's. Before selecting this product, I researched shredders at several online and brick-and-mortar retailers, and this price cannot be beaten. Operationally far superior to our old straight strip shredder, MUCH faster and quieter too. Compact, fits easily under my desk, so it is always ready, willing and able to get to work. Am keeping an eye on the lights in the on/off switch ... on one occasion these remained illuminated after the switch was turned off, but went out when I moved the switch to on, then off again. Hopefully does not foretell an operational issue, because otherwise this workhorse is simply OUTSTANDING!

August 31, 2013 UPDATE: I have sooooooo loved this shredder ... it chews through everything I have given it without fail. No further problems with the lights in the on/off switch that I mentioned in my original review.

Recently, there was a minor glitch with the plastic waste basket ... there is a small tab molded into the rear wall of the basket. The tab fits into a slot on the bottom of the shredder when the shredder component is placed atop the basket. The tab separated from the basket and was thus unable to make contact with the shredder, which then prevented the shredder from powering up.

Actually, this is a WONDERFUL SAFETY FEATURE ... if someone attempts to use the shredder without setting it properly onto the basket, they will be unable to do so because the unit will not power up. This would also come in handy should someone forget to unplug the shredder before removing it from the basket in order to clean it or empty the basket.

So, I emailed the seller and asked for assistance. I received an IMMEDIATE and very positive RESPONSE. The shredder has a 12-month Warranty, and as soon as I return it to the seller, they will send a brand new shredder (with another 12-month Warranty). No questions, and no if's, and's or but's.

I could not be more pleased ... a really excellent product, a minor glitch that turns out to be an important safeguard, and the very nicest people you could ever want to do business with. I give them all A's and highly recommend them to all!

ARRAY(0x9da562c4)