Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on April 16, 2011
Can't say bag straps are very interesting or exciting. I travel a lot for business and have either a portable or portable and meeting junk all in a bag and the weight gets up there. The strap that came with the bag was good and typical, but still dug into me as I walked around with it.

I picked up one of these after a friend told me about them, for something so pedestrian as a bag strap I was amazed at the difference. The two major attributes are the air-cushion "bubbles" under the shoulder pad, and the elastic sections on the strap, between the two it makes the bag almost feel lighter, of course it isn't but the wide strap, cusion, and elastic.

I waited for a little over 6 months to write this to see how it would hold up, no issues at all and that is on weekly daily use, it was so good with the portable I put it on my normal work bag so it gets a lot of work and no frays, all bubbles are still sealed, the elastic part has not lost any spring, and the strap clasps have not broken. A lot of bang for the buck from such a simple thing.
on October 21, 2011
This shoulder pad is strong, comfortable, and very secure on the shoulder.

Note from the pictures that the shoulder pad is sewn into the webbing. This feature is essential for safe carrying of heavy laptops and other valuable luggage.

Cheap straps generally have one buckle and let the webbing slide through the shoulder pad to get the pad centered. Bad idea! The webbing can slip in the pad allowing the laptop to suddenly swing forward or backward. Also, the loose webbing can roll (rather than slide) the shoulder pad off your shoulder. If the strap gets twisted it is particularly prone to roll the shoulder pad. The webbing tends to get softer with time so the risk increases.

Due to a cheap strap, I had a very heavy and very expensive desktop-replacement laptop roll off my shoulder while I was grabbing bags at the baggage claim. Clunk onto the floor, crushing the corner! Laid out $5,000 for a replacement and an additional $21 for this well made strap.

Look for any strap that has two buckles. It seems that all two-buckle straps are sewn into the shoulder pad (good) and all one-buckle straps slide in the shoulder pad (bad).
on December 4, 2011
I both this to replace original [ rather useless] strap supplied with Case Logic SLR-201 Top loader camera case. This strap makes all other straps supplied with the bags rather ridiculous. It virtually transforms your bag carrying experience. It's a lot wider then strap supplied with the bag , making it a lot more comfortable around your neck, chest and back. Shoulder pad is brilliant: wide, long and sawn in place [eliminating any chance of sliding around] and padded with small bubbly compartments filled with air, making it extremely comfortable on your shoulder. Pad is also made of stretchy material, making it to feel elastic and that way helping in carrying heavy load [in my case camera] with ease.
This strap makes Case Logic SLR-201 case ULTIMATE CAMERA CASE!
on August 17, 2010
Who would think such small part of a bag would end up being so great. I first got one of these many years ago and between the air cushion pockets and the slight elastic nature of part of the strap it may not make your bag any lighter but it will sure feel that way, and no more dents in your shoulder...

The air pockets are individually sealed like my last one, so if one does go (and I had on go after about 5 years, the rest stay inflated. It also looks good, is sturdy, and clips to just about anything, great for PC bags or any bag with a little weight to it.
on June 19, 2011
This is a nice shoulder strap and does the job. 2 knocks against it. 1 it does not move easily on your shoulder when trying to adjust the position that your laptop case is in. 2 the strap is a little narrow, the weight distribution is kinda poor.
on December 27, 2011
I bought this strap to serve as a replacement for my 8 year old leather laptop bag. My previous strap was the original fabric wrapped in leather kind and it placed the full weight of the bag over a very narrow area of your shoulder. With this strap you can certainly feel the weight being dispersed more appropriately. Walking through the airport recently it was very clear that this was a great purchase and works very well. The only reason I deducted a star is the appearance. While the picture is accurate. When you actually see it in person it does detract from the professional look that most nice leather laptop bags provide. I think the manufacturer could easily fix this with a simple piece of black fabric, but chose not to so that others could see the straps 'inner workings'.
on April 7, 2011
This strap is better and more comfortable that the Brenthaven strap ever was. My one concern was that the air cells might give out and lose their cushioning capability but they haven't.

I took away one star because I wish the company would make them in variable widths. My briefcase can get quite heavy and I wish this strap were a wider to distribute the load more. That's a design issue and not a manufacture or functionality issue. Good strap though all in all.
on July 15, 2011
This is a great replacement strap for my laptop computer, the original strap dug into my shoulder. So when the clasp on the original strap broke, I was anxious to replace it with a comfortable yet reasonable costing briefcase shoulder strap. This is excellent. Super comfort and easy on the pocket book.
on July 30, 2010
I bought it use with a man-bag. The wide, padded shoulder pad makes it easier and more reliable to hang the man-bag on my shoulder with all the junk, wallet, medication, etc, that I carry in it.
on October 29, 2011
The laptops issued by my employer are not the lightweight models. So the carrybag gets pretty heavy and the standard strap was digging into my shoulder. A backpack would help but does not go well with a suit. I was ready to turn it in and give up the perk of working from home whenever I felt the urge. I had tried a couple of other straps that advertized extra padding, etc. No real difference. Tried this one as a last resort.

I would love to say this solved the problem but I can't honestly say that. I will say it has made the situation much better. I shift the bag from shoulder to shoulder much less frequently.

I wasn't certain that the air cell bubbles would hold up to the weight but, so far, so good. No sign of any problems after 3 months or so.

If nothing else has helped, give this a try. The price is right and, unless you have a couple of bricks in your bag, this should make a life a little better.

UPDATE - 2/24/2013. I have had this for almost 17 months and it has held up nicely. NO failures on the part of any of the cushion pads.