Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Size: Medium 20 cm|Color: Tan|Change

on December 5, 2010
This product is well made and performs as advertised. I found the sizing system to be somewhat confusing since to me, the circumference of the neck is more critical than the neck-to-nose dimension. I had to visit the mfr's web site to verify size.
We use this collar primarily to help control compulsive licking. To be as kind as possible to our dog, we do not leave the collar on for extended periods. The velcro closure makes it a snap to apply or remove the collar literally in 5 seconds. This feature alone makes it infinitely better than 1-piece plastic collars.
on February 5, 2014
If your fur kid needs the Cone of Shame, you know she'll hate it. Nevertheless, this brand seems to be more comfortable for her than the rigid plastic type. When she rams the cone against the steps or furniture (yes, you know you laugh when she does, don't lie), there's less pressure in her shoulders. This cone has give to it, and takes some of the shock. There are stays that you can insert to keep the cone from bending, if you need that rigidity. Easier for my dog to sleep when wearing a cone, and she could eat and drink more easily.

Hook/loop closures at various intervals for sizing. Covers provided for the unused hook/loop strips so they don't pick up lint.
on September 23, 2014
We have a German Shepherd Pup who just turned 8 months old and was recently neutered and had a dewclaw removed. We brought him home from the vet with the giant plastic cone around his head and he managed to run directly into the back of my leg at 8 million miles per hour and then tried to knock over the TV. We had to get something else. We picked up a soft cone at Petco because we could not wait for this one to come in the mail - not even one day. He had that for nearly 2 weeks when he managed to ruin it by running it into stuff and the hard "ribs" inside it poked through the cone. We only had a few days left, but did not want him to pull the stitches out of his foot, so we got this one (which was $25 less than the one at Petco). This one worked, but it was much more rigid and sort of a hybrid between the plastic cone and the soft cone we had purchased. He caused much more household damage with the Comfy Cone than the soft one we had bought. This is better than plastic, but I stil felt it was a little too rigid for our tastes. I will note that the Petco employee was very strong about how much the dogs do not like these dark cones, but I have to disagree. He felt much better in the dark cone, slept better, and was more comfortable. I read that the clear cones confuse them because they cannot understand why they are running into something versus this one where they can at least get that there is something around their head.
on February 2, 2016
Unfortunately I didn't order this ahead of time and my dog came home in the plastic cone from the vet following eye surgery. The comfy cone is a better fit and he's seems comfortable in it. Unlike the plastic cone, he can maneuver the stairs in it. It also doesn't hurt when he bangs into me with it. The Velcro is really strong, I don't think he could get the cone off if he tried. He's wearing the extra large. He is a large lab with a 19 inch neck.
review image review image
on December 1, 2010
I've always used those plastic e-collars after my dogs have had surgery. My older dog reacted very poorly to wearing one - she hardly moved around the house and banged up everything in her path when she did. I decided to try something different when my puppy was spayed recently. I got this collar in X-large because of her snout (German Shepherd). Her neck was smaller than the measurements but the velcro closure made the neck fit. The animal hospital staff put it on her immediately after surgery and used a long piece of gauze to keep it in place. They thought the collar worked well. My dog slept comfortably with it on. It was easy to fold the edge of the collar back when she walked around the house and yard, as well as when eating. I highly recommend this collar. It's a great investment.
on January 31, 2015
As with many other people, I had a horrible time finding the correct size for my dog - a small Bichon Frise. I ended up with 3 but kept them all for different reasons. However, to help future purchasers, this particular Comfy Cone (Small) measures 5 5/8 inches from neck edge to nose edge. However, there are elastic tabs that can have the dog's normal collar threaded through it that extend another 7/8 inch to help keep the Comfy Cone in place. Laid flat, it measure approximately 14". However in order to fasten it, 13" is the largest fit and the smallest is 10 1/2". Size wise it would work as at 3.1 ounces he could lift his head and move around and most importantly, he could not reach any part of his body.
***Note on the tabs - my Bichon has a very long neck so I wasn't sure where to measure from to determine what length I needed. The information regarding the tabs is included as, if they are used, the Comfy Cone will rest where their normal collar would be. That is not to say they couldn't move it some but it gives you a better idea.
on March 14, 2016
I love this cone. There is obviously no visibility through the cone which some may see as a con but my dog is so much more comfortable in this. I ordered the large for my 70 pound German Shepherd (picture of dog included for reference) and it was a perfect fit. She has chronic ear infections so has to wear a cone to bed often so she doesn't scratch her ears and this is no much more comfortable for her. I would definitely recommend for anyone who needs a cone for their pup. It is worth the extra few bucks.
review image
TOP 100 REVIEWERon July 17, 2016
I purchased this Comfy Cone Pet E-Collar for an 8.5 pound Maltese that I recently adopted. I had a size medium inflatable ConAir ProCollar that worked well with my Bichon Frise but this Maltese’s 9.5 inch neck and small head made it easy for her to push against objects until she removed it. The smaller size of that style collar is listed up to a 9 inch neck so I thought it would be too tight, especially with her existing respiratory and trachea problems.

I put this Comfy collar on her after surgery and need to use it whenever her allergies cause her to bite her skin enough to cause hot spots. I really wanted one that would allow her to play but keep her from biting her at most of her skin. The size Small works to keep her from biting at her hips and the rest of her torso but she can still get to her tail and paws if determined.

It really is a trade off because she has to wear it frequently until we get her allergies under control. Anything bigger would really restrict her activities. The size Small allows her to play and drink easily though I do take it off while she is eating. She does sleep comfortably in it. I removed the stays because I wanted her to have the extra degree of flexibility.

Another nice touch in addition to the removable stays is a velcro covering which can keep an unused and exposed strip of velcro from sticking to everything it that it touches.

I use this Comfy Cone collar along with clothing to give her skin time to heal and her immune system time to strengthen and it seems to be holding up well.
review image review image
on October 26, 2013
This is a great alternative to plastic e-collars, but I wouldn't use this for weeks as the only e-collar for my pet. This is a good solution for dogs recovering post-op, or for pets with skin problems like hot spots or licking granulomas. But you should provide a second, lighter e-collar option occasionally when you will be present to watch your pet.

Pros:
* Sturdy, good quality, stands up to heavy use
* Strong enough to resist bending of edges, more rigid than flexible nylon-fabric e-collars
* Long enough to prevent licking of wounds (follow manufacturer's measuring guide)
* Collar loops allow it to be attached to pet's own collar, prevents removal
* Washable fabric stands up to cleaning, food and water
* Fast removal, adjustment using Velcro strip
* Manufacturer provides protective Velcro cover strip to keep exposed Velcro clean
* Reflective strip edging is night-time safety feature (though consider removing for walks)
* Length adjustable, can be folded back for eating/drinking when owner present

Cons:
* May be longer (deeper in small-to-medium sizes) than desirable for smaller dogs; measure carefully*
* Slightly heavier than other e-collar materials; may be fine on larger dogs, but monitor smaller dogs' use
* Narrower cone angle than normal e-collars, restricts side airflow if worn long-term (see reviews re ear problems)
* Solid fabric can limit pet's vision, so consider removing for brief walks or substitute a clear collar
* Less adjustable in outer width than cloth or plastic e-collars since Velcro determines closure
* Length may make drinking more difficult when leaving pet alone, but can be folded back for eating/drinking when owner present

In summary, the Comfy Cone e-collar is a comfortable alternative if your pet is an aggressive chewer or licker of wounds, hot spots and needs longer protection. Just be prepared to give your pet breaks from wearing it (monitored during walks outside?) or have a second lighter fabric or plastic collar on-hand for those times (like the VetOne e-collars, as backups). Long-eared dogs might need breaks from wearing it long-term to prevent ear infections (as noted in other reviews) since its shape is long and narrow. But it resists the abuse a strong-willed dog can give to more lightweight e-collars, and should be usable for years, if cared for. See the customer photos here of different pets using this collar to help you decide if it will work on your cat or dog.

*Note: the manufacturer's measuring guide says to measure your pet from neck to tip of nose to decide which size will work best; ideally, it should be longer than nose length to protect the pet's wound.
SIZE CHART in inches: Small 12.5 cm = 4.9 inches; Medium 20 cm= 7.8 inches; Large 25 cm = 9.8 inches; Extra Large 30 cm = 11.8 inches (refers to depth of cone)

Example of a second clear e-collar for back-up use with Comfy Cone:
Cardinal Laboratories E-Collar, Large
Cardinal Laboratories Pet Botanics E-Collar, XXL, Clear
on November 30, 2014
It's a decent cone, and definitely helps when you don't want your dog having to deal with hard plastic. But I will note, that is some dogs and not all.

My german shepherd, with his long nose, can still reach his wounds. So we use the bigger plastic underneath, and this cone over that. Why, you may ask? Well, he's figured out how to take off the plastic one (remind me next time to get a dumber dog), and with this one on the outside, he can't pull off velcro.

One sort of down side is it is completely black, so the dog has to fully turn to see what's going on around him. This is only "sort of" a downside, because we don't totally mind it. It's better that he has no way of reaching his wounds, nor seeing where they are to be able to figure out a way to them. But if this fits your dog and he can't reach around, it might be sad to watch him smack into things all the time (okay it might be hilarious).