Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 23, 2013
I have quite a few of Pema Chodron's books and audio teachings and the only complaint I have is that the audio quality of this is not quite as clear or crisp as I would like for ease of listening. It is a tad poorer sound quality than on other recordings.
on December 30, 2012
Pema again demonstrates how to offer compassion to ourselves in times of difficulty & suffering while teaching us that we are not alone in our feelings. Pema also teaches us how to offer the compassion we find for oursleves to others to help lesseing their suffering. Pema's voice is soothing...she is brilliant in her spoken word, emotionally open with her students & as always at times very funny. I truly believe the best way to teach. If you have never listened to Pema this CD is the perfect opportunity to come home to yourself & the world around you.
on August 31, 2013
I have listen to this book on a CD numerous times. These days I reach for a CD in any order and listen to the topic at hand. I like that Pema's voice is speaking to me and about me, about my emotional and spiritual struggles. It reminds me that I am not broken and I do not need to be fixed. It tells me I need to accept I am an emotional human being, imperfect, but good just the way I am...
Listening to Pema always puts me in the right frame of mind. Very good listening especially in a rush hour traffic.
veronika
on March 28, 2013
Speaking in plain,yet eloquent language, Pema helps give me hope for all us here in the US !! We are a hard headed, independant lot...
on April 19, 2014
There is a good amount of materials covered in this seminar and the pacing is good.
It was recorded live and there are background noises - even an emergency vehicle at one point
but overall this is recording which can be listened to repeatedly.
on June 15, 2015
This is so fantastic! I'm learning so much from this CD set in my mindfulness practice. Pema is not only incredibly knowledgeable and a wonderful educator but she also has a great sense of humor! I've since purchased a second copy for a friend who is on the same path in learning how to become more mindful, more present - she, too, is loving it.
on March 25, 2013
I have listened to this dozens of times, each time gaining greater insight. I strongly recommend it as a summary of the teachings.
on February 20, 2015
I love everything by Pema. This is no exception. The reminder to love myself and scoot closer myself is powerful. Trying to escape pain through alcohol, drugs, TV, eating, or the myriad of other ways we have invented is ineffective. The most effective way is through the pain--move towards it, not away from it.

Somehow, when she shares, it is not trite and it rings true. She has a gift.
on April 23, 2014
This is more like an introduction into Buddhism. I like to listen to Pema while I'm in the car. This has less "self help" than some of her other CDs but it's still a good "listen to."
on January 13, 2014
This CD set had a lot of historical material and less of the day-to-day application that I love so much from Pema Chodron.