Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Coming Home (The Wakefield Romance Series Book 2)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 29, 2013
I was taught that if you didn't have something good to say about someone or something, don't say anything at all. Well, I have lots of good things to say about Coming Home, the second book in The Wakefield Romance Series.
The second book in a series is usually a `filler' and not as good as the first. Not in this case. I really liked the first book, Two Weeks with a Seal, but I loved the second one! Although a little slow in places, I think that this is maybe the first time I've liked a second book more than the first.
Not only did I get to know more about Rhea and Chad, the main characters, I got to meet new characters. My favourites were Brad and Garth. In fact, I loved them and I really hope that they get their own book (That's a hint Therese.) Of course, I couldn't forget Kendal, Harlan, Rosa and Reno who feature in Coming Home as well. I would love to have them all as my friends. Dana is the perfect supportive mother.
All of these wonderful characters help to form a tight bond of love and friendship and the story would not be as good without them. But Wakefield is not all light and love. There are few bad apples in town, one in particular. There is conflict and tension and I was continually kept guessing about what would happen next. Then to add to the mix, there is the continuing danger that Chad has to face on his missions as a Seal.
I love a book that makes me feel a variety of emotions and Coming Home certainly delivered. I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars. I don't know how many books Therese Marguerite Hewitt plans to write in this series, but I'm certainly looking forward to the next one and, hopefully, more.
Written by ~Karen~ from Confessions of a Bookaholic.
on December 22, 2013
Bravo another wonderfully written book.; As a fan of books with military men, this did not disappoint. More for Rhea and Chad- count me in. I loved this plot mostly because it was loaded with angst.

It is the journey of coming clean for Rhea and Chad. Both finally admit the love they feel now, as well as the love they felt since being teenagers. What was realistic for me was Rhea not leading a reclusive life. She was dating sporadically, hanging with friends, and healing from the loss of her brother Randy and her Mom.

I think the author did a super job with the sub characters.. I loved Kendall and Rosa. She describes friendships that we all know are necessary in the grieving process. Showing how friends can just be there without asking for anything in return is like a cold drink on a hot summer day.

There is a lot to love about this series, characters, and most of all the author. Give it up for the Seals!!
on March 10, 2015
I absolutely love Chad and Rhea as the sweetest couple ever. Chad was so incredibly in love with Rhea as she was with him since they were young. The author did a great job with the angst having Chad and Rhea's point of view while he was off on his missions. It was heart wrenching, but a great HEA in the end for these two. There was one more very angsty situation at the end that I did not expect, but that made me even more glued to the story line as I tried to figure out how it would end.

Ellie was introduced in this book at the end and I knew the other books in the series would have her story most likely with Bobbie. I'll give my two cents now that I would have been better off not having read their story, especially the second book (book 3 which wasn't bad, but had a cliffhanger leading to book 4 where I had issues). I already wrote my review for that book, but IF you don't like criers you will not enjoy Ellie's character. I gave up on book 4 when I had less than 20% left because I couldn't read any more about her crying. Happy or sad she was crying. I'm only telling you because I wish I had known before diggin in.
on October 29, 2013
Before you read and get mad. This is my review. My personal opinion. I needed a light read before I started A Man's Search For Meaning by Victor Frankl. I don't expect everyone to absolutely love every book that is important to me. So please don't take the review too personally. I'd also like to add that I am a hopeless romantic and am all for happy endings and soul mates finding each other. Okay so I finished the first book, and I wanted to know what happened to the couple. So I got Coming Home. I wanted to give this a second chance. I had hopes this book would be better. Ugggg I was wrong. It was horrible. An inexperienced teen in writing could do better, in my opinion. No depth, no attachment. There were too many characters and events going on in this short book. There was no attachment what so ever. I give up with this author. I've read fanfiction by teenagers that are better reading than this. I'm disappointed in the wasted time. There are light reads that can hold their own in importance and stand on their own two feet amongst other books. It just takes reading books like this to weed through to find the worth while ones.
on March 20, 2014
My View: First off I love how she does both POV!
Well we left off with Chad leaving for the middle east, We start it with some what heartbreaking news, Rhea finds out she is pregnant and yes I saw some what heart breaking because I think its sad that Chad isn't able to be there for Rhea. But they are very excited!!!!! While Chad is on shipment Duke is try to convince Rhea that he would be better for her especially with a baby on the way.Rhea tells Duke they can only be friends and if he cannot accept that they he just needs to stay away from her. Her friends have warned her that Duke is only pretending to be her friend that he has ulterior motives... Rhea spends her days working and fixing up the house paining and fixing the property like building a fire pit and buying patio furniture.... while we read about Chads time at war how the team works together, and how being away from Rhea affects him and how much they love each other..... While Rhea and her friends and family are getting ready for chad and his team to come home... Duke come to plea his case to Rhea one more time, when she turns him down he tells her that if he cant have her then no one can..... Duke shoots her...... Yes this is where i have decided to leave my review you want to know what happens... must pick up the book!!!!! happy reading!!!!
Theresa has a way of keeping me on my toes and never leaving a dull moment more to come!!!!!

Give this book 5 out of 5 !
on May 30, 2013
This book was even better than the first let me just tell ya. The first was good but this one had me crazy.

When the last book needed Chad was deployed and that was heart wrenching enough. Now while he is gone Rhea finds our she is pregnant. Yay!!! I was so hoping that would happen. Now we get to travel on a freaking e,otional roller coaster. I was so afraid Chad would be killed while over seas, or go missing, well anything bad. I was just afraid that things were going to Fall apart because they finally professed their love for one another and were officially together and now engaged. Soul mates finally together Yay, So freaking happy. So that's why I knew something bad was going to happen.

Never did I imagine she would befriend Duke after the way he has treated her and all the turmoil and aggregation he caused Chad. I was....mind blown.

I mean seriously. WTH!!!!!! That had me so angry the entire time I was thinking woman I will come through this iPad and beat you down if you do anything with him, I know she was missing Chad, hormonal and lonely but I would rather buy me a B.O.B before I ever contemplated going back to the crazy!

Rhea had an awesome support system. Dana, Kendall, Harlan, Brad, Rose And Garth. I loved every single one of them.

I waited and finally Rhea figured Duke out. About freaking time. I was happy he was gone but I knew he was crazy and wouldn't stay away. When he shows back up and things unfold I .....gasped, the air left my lungs and my heart fell from my chest.

And when they get ahold of Chad I sobbed so hard my husband laughed at me and all I kept saying was " I can't help it, it is so sad." I cried so hard I couldn't see the words of the story.

So in a nut shell all the emotions I experienced were happiness, anger, sadness, shock, anticipation, nervousness,and finally exhilaration. It was awesome I tell ya.
on June 17, 2013
I definitely loved this second book!

Picking up from the first book, Rhea has grown up in a span of weeks away from Chad. She tried so hard to be strong because her emotions get thru to Chad and that could mean distraction from his duty to protect and serve his Country. She has sacrificed so much of her emotions just to shield Chad from the utmost sadness that she feels. She found solace with her friends and family (Chad's mom). I liked how she fought her attractions to Duke however her hormones acted up because she loves Chad so much. How she misses her mom and brother at a time when she doesn't have anybody to share her sorrows with is so heartwarming.

This book evolved mostly on Rhea and how she copes with life away from Chad. Unlike the first book where Rhea and Chad engaged in more sexy scenes, this book doesn't have a single one of those. And yet, the author was able to bring through the love story of Rhea and Chad.

Rhea's friends have also played vital parts in the book by providing her the support she badly needed.

I highly recommend this book. If you are ready to shed a tear or two then this is a good read for you. It is not just a love story but the story of entwined lives of friends and family and how each of their strength provided a stronghold to beat all odds.
on August 7, 2014
I have never not finished any book and I wasn't about to have this be the first. If I slogged through probably the worst books ever written,the 50Shades of Grey horrors,I certainly could slog through this. It's too bad because the actual story and characters were pretty good.But the"prollys",the"ya" No no, its "YOU"! I don't care if some people talk like that. It doesn't read well. Just sounds stupid. And, Lord,the giggling. Save us all from the giggling. Strangely,I would like to know what happens to the rest of the team,and I know their stories are or will be out there. Unfortunately,I won't be looking for them.
on September 16, 2013
This series could be sweet, but the lack of editing was extremely distracting. Misused words, words not caught by a spell-checker (for example, "hug" for "huge")and of course the occasional but oh-so-annoying "it's" for "its" distracted from sitting down and enjoying a nice love story. Too much detail was given for some events that I found myself skimming pages. It is admirable that the profits of this book are going to charity. Perhaps an editor can donate their service and make it more enjoyable! P.S. I must add that I am the wife of the account holder but Amazon doesn't let me change the name for this review. My husband is an alternative history/WWII reader, and would rather have a root canal than read a romance novel! :)
on December 17, 2014
Sometimes a sequel may not be as good as the introduction work There are those times when the sequel is equal to or even better, such is the case with this book. I am not one for retelling the story but I will tell you in this case the crowning moment that moment where all the characters must stand and face a struggle was so mesmerizing that I think I lost my breath! So without a doubt this is a five star book and if possible I would give it 10 stars