Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 15, 2010
As others have noted, this is a great product that does exactly what it says.

The adhesive is strong and long-lasting, and the clips are easy to install.

HOWEVER, (put on your "remembering" cap now because you need to remember this 10 years later when you un-install these things!!), REMEMBER, you cannot remove these by just "yanking" them off the wall.

As with all of these 3M wall hanging strips, you need to (a) pull up on the plastic clip so that it comes off and exposes the adhesive backing, and then (b) pull the little tab (it looks like the rest of the adhesive pad, but it's not actually stuck to the wall) directly downwards (pull just along the wall, NOT away from the wall). Then, the adhesive pad will stretch to about 8x its normal length, and in the process will gently un-stick itself.

It's a really elegant way to remove the pads, and it's the reason they can have such strong adhesive power without removing paint. But, IF YOU FORGET and in 5 years you just yank off the plastic from the wall, you will remove paint and it will all have been for naught.

3M has a variety of related products for hanging pictures and posters and what-not. I recommend them all.
on May 1, 2010
I ordered these for training cables at the office but love using them at home as well. They stick forever but come down by just pulling the tab. No marks left on the wall.
This is one of those items that just does what it is supposed to and nothing less.
Order these if you need to train cables at home or office. I HIGHLY recommend.
This is a really nice assortment. You will probably want to go ahead and order 2-3 of this item. You'll love using them.
on February 19, 2011
If you have some stray cables that you want to neaten up, this kit is a good starting point. I have a hard time finding these cord organizers at stores in my area, but the pack has a nice mix of sizes. Realize these are single cable organizers (except for the one cord hanger) meaning the pieces appear to be designed to only hold a single strand of coaxial cable, or CAT 5 cable at a time. You might be able to run 2 or 3 smaller diameter cables through one of the larger pieces, but that would be tight.

Pros: Great mix to start getting your cables organized.
Cons: Generally only made to hold a single cable at a time. If you have larger cable runs, you should probably look for another solution.
on March 4, 2009
Still sticking. I had used these in my old place,too. They are easy to remove, and do not damage the surface. The loop holders can brake if they are exposed to too much force. Forces like being walked on a lot(took me 2yrs.), but even then they can still hold in place.
The only time I have had problems with the 3m Command Cord Organizers not adhering to a surface is in my kitchen (On oily Formica/oily paint-cleaning could not remove all the old tenant's worth of oil). When these pads do not stick, they really just do not stick at all! I pulled out my magic eraser, removed some paint layers with lots of oil. Then the cable holders seemed to semi-stick to my kitchen walls.
If I wanted the normal strength stick I'm use to, I'd buy new adhesive pads and try fresh. So, watch out for cooking oil! Other wise, I've bought these cable holders more then once, and will look for them again when I move to a new place.
on September 21, 2012
The 3M Cord Organizer is a great product to organize a serious computer or entertainment system. I used mine to neatly route my monitor and peripheral cables, so they don't become a rat's nest. It's also handy to have velcro strips on hand to strap cables to table / desk legs

Pros:
- Easy to use: Peel, stick, peel, stick, hang, snap, done
- Plenty of hooks: The kit comes with 8 medium and 8 small hooks
- Decent sizes: The small hooks accommodate two-three USB cables, while the medium hooks can handle 2 HDMI/DVI or power cables.

Cons:
- Small is very small: I was hoping to route single DVI cables with the small clips, but they're too small to handle even one cable.
- Only one large clip: The large clip is rubberized, and can hold the majority of a 50' ethernet cable with equanimity, but there's only one...too bad if you have two large cable bundles.

Bottom Line:
Really helpful to organize and hide cables for even the most complex of personal computers. Highly recommended, but beware of the size of the small clips.
on February 4, 2010
This 3M hook removal system is wonderful. I've been using some of the decorative hooks and velcro-like pieces for a few years now, so when I started looking on Amz for wire management, I started with 3M. Beside the handy removal tabs, these little hooks are easy to open and close, while still being very sturdy. They don't have a huge amount of extra plastic, so they look OK on the wall. They also don't stick out very far. The large loop piece is downright cool. I have an extension cord with two adapters - one very heavy - hanging from this loop. For the smaller clips the package comes with small and medium sizes. They could use a large.
on November 25, 2011
I was installing a tv across the room from the coax outlet (isn't that always the way?) and needed something better than nail-in clips to corral the 25-foot long cord. This did the trick. Very easy to install and use. Good selection too. Don't know if I'm ever going to use the largest one, but I have it just in case. Yes, and remember not to YANK them off the wall, or you will do damage. Follow the instructions on how to remove them (very easy to do!) and you'll have no damage at all.
on January 26, 2012
All sorts of uses for this. Anywhere there are cables that need to be fixed or organized, these things do a great job. One application I used this for recently is the PS3 camera that I have mounted to the top of my LCD TV. I have one of these cord clips attached to the back of the TV so the cord does not pull on the camera. The adhesive is very strong and I like that it will come right off with a yank of the adhesive strip if need be.
on August 4, 2015
This is okay to hold speaker wire to the wall, but it wasn't big or strong enough to hold power or USB cords to the wall. We eventually went with something else. These are now stuck to the wall because the first one we took off took some paint with it.
on December 27, 2010
I bought a pack of small wire clips at our local hardware store to use in hanging a new Moravian star light on our front porch for Christmas. Before installing, I read the instructions on the package and saw they're not recommended for use under 50 degrees, meaning basically indoor use only. Ruh-row, it was about 28 outside when I was running the wire. I decided to try them anyway because I liked how the little clip fastens shut around the wire. Figured I could always use some heavier duty mounting tape if they came loose.

The light had a 5' cord so I needed to run a light extension cord up the corner post on my front porch to complete the connection. Needed three clips at the top to run the wire along the aluminum soffit along the porch roof. I made sure the soffit was clean where I was attaching the clips. Then, per the instructions, I pressed the pad firmly for 30 seconds when attaching to the clip, and again when I attached the clip to the soffit. They seemed to be holding solidly, and I couldn't pull them off while tugging on the wire.

To run the extension cord wire down the post, I attached four clips about 2' apart onto the white aluminum downspout next to the post. I used a white extension cord, so the job was nearly invisible when done, and the clip was just large enough to close around the extension cord wire.

After 3+ weeks of exposure to wind, rain and single-digit temps, the clips are still holding firmly. I'd originally intended to use this as a temporary fix for this holiday season, and put in more permanent hooks and wire channeling during the summer. But if these things are still holding when warm weather arrives, I'll leave them up and see how long they last.

See 1 answered question