| Experience classic Real-Time Strategy (RTS) gaming on PlayStation 3, now fine tuned through a collection of limited and exclusive features designed to please any C&C fan, with Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Ultimate Edition. Go back in time and battle alongside your friends and Hollywood stars in an action-packed, over-the-top world, as the best-selling and most-beloved series within the Command & Conquer franchise returns, now enhanced for the PS3. Story |
In Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Ultimate Edition the desperate leadership of a doomed Soviet Union travels back in time to change history and restore the glory of Mother Russia. But the time travel mission goes awry, creating an alternate timeline where technology has followed an entirely different evolution, a new superpower has been thrust on to the world stage, and World War III is raging. The Empire of the Rising Sun has risen in the East, making World War III a three-way struggle between the Soviets, the Allies, and the Empire with armies fielding powerful over-the-top weapons and technologies like tesla coils, Kirov war blimps, massive samurai robots, armored bears, dolphins with sonic weapons, floating island fortresses, and transforming tanks. Gameplay
In true Command & Conquer form, action in Red Alert 3 Ultimate Edition is based on classic RTS gameplay. Through this players align themselves with either the Allies, the Soviets or the Empire of the Rising Sun, and proceed to establish bases, manage collected resources from controlled territories and escalate technology acquisition in order to eventually eliminate battlefield rivals. Throughout the game players will utilize the franchises familiar mechanism of churning out an array of buildings, units and vehicles to facilitate this, but will also be faced with a series of new variables. Some of these will come in the form of new, powerful units like the Empire of the Rising Sun's Shogun Executioner, a giant mech wielding energy blades, the armored attack bears of the Soviets and the sonic attack of the Allies' dolphin ship, but there is also a change to the game's terrain to consider. Now in addition to battle on, and over land, players also have to be aware of the realities of naval warfare, as combat is extended to the waters on their borders. Another aspect of RTS gameplay that Red Alert 3 Ultimate Edition address is the need for superior control functionality. Too often when a PC RTS game makes the leap to gaming consoles, shedding keyboard and mouse functionality, players experience a reduced ability to respond quickly to attacks via unit production and/or changes to production. This is not the case in Red Alert 3 Ultimate Edition. Through its radial command menu, which utilizes the DualShock 3's analog stick and the 'X' button, players can execute commands with three button presses or less and can queue up production of units to occur as resources are gathered to supply them. In addition, commands to existing units on the battlefield and your commanders are easily facilitated by controller shortcuts, such as a single face buttons to select/deselect all on screen units and another to direct their movements, providing a fast way to make immediate field commands. Key Game Features:
Plenty of Multiplayer Options
- Ultimate Red Alert 3 Experience - Bloopers & outtakes, behind the scenes, developer strategy videos, and new battleground maps not found anywhere else. Enjoy your favorite songs from the soundtrack and study tactics with the unit profiles video encyclopedia. Watch the women of RA3 heat up the camera in the "Girls of RA3" featurette –all presented in HD Blu-ray with enhanced visuals, and only for the PS3.
- It’s Always Better With Someone Else - Fight your way through three campaigns solo, or join forces with your friends or one of nine, in-game commanders, each with unique personalities and play styles, in missions designed from the ground up for co-op play.
- Star-Studded Storytelling - Command & Conquer’s trademark live-action videos return in HD, with over 60 minutes of footage featuring the largest cast in the history of the Command & Conquer franchise.
- Command the Seas, Conquer the World - Experience gameplay as if for the first time in the series, waging war on the water will be every bit as important as dominating by land and air. Gain strategic advantages by controlling resources in the seas and mounting three-pronged attacks from all directions.
- A New Threat From the East - The deadly Empire of the Rising Sun is a technological terror, with designs influenced by a mixture of anime, science-fiction, martial arts and robot culture. The Empire’s futuristic units can transform into alternate forms, and they specialize in naval warfare.
- CommandStick 2.0 - Improving on the CommandStick interface first pioneered in Command & Conquer 3 Kane’s Wrath, PS3 owners will get an unparalleled console RTS experience, with controls designed for PS3 gamers, accessible to gamers of all skill levels.
- PlayStation Network Trophies - Red Alert 3 Ultimate Edition features 50 PSN trophies spread throughout the single player and multiplayer campaigns.
In addition to 4-player versus online skirmish functionality, Red Alert 3 Ultimate Edition also features a fully co-operative campaign mode where you and a friend can team up and play together. Through this mode players can develop their team-based combat strategy both over all and in the immediate sense of the battles at hand. Co-op functionality is also available with the help of one of several AI commander in the event that your friends aren't online.