Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Command Poster Strips, 48-Strips
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Size Name: 48 Small Strips|Change

on September 10, 2009
There are 48 little stickers in this package. Each sticker has about 1/2"x1" sticky surface. They work just like the Command stickers that have hooks, but no hook - you stick it directly to your poster, then the other side to the wall. Be sure you follow the directions and apply pressure for 30 seconds when you mount your posters. After fussing with double-sided foam stickers, and having things fall off the painted cinder-block walls on a regular basis, these seem to be working quite well. Nothing has fallen down yet!
66 comments|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 24, 2009
I was skeptical these 3M poster strips could hold a 60x40 inch poster but they really worked! I did probably overkill it though and used more than suggested but with such a large poster I wanted to make sure it didn't bow in the middle or sag.

I used 4 rows of 6 strips along the top, bottom and two rows in the middle. And so far so good. Looks to be on the wall quite well and I feel confident it'll stay on the wall until I decide to take it down. I can't wait to try these on other things too. I bought several packages of different sizes and even checked out the video on the manufacturer's website. Interesting concept to never hang anything with nails again. Makes redecorating easier and friendlier to your walls too. And living in earthquake country, it just might stay on the wall better too. But given that, I'll be using extra to make sure!

Removing the strips is as easy as it says too. Just pull on the tab and it comes right off. I put one of the strips in the wrong spot on the poster and was easily able to remove it without damaging the paper. Just be aware that one side is meant to be stuck to the wall and the other to paper. It's marked with red lettering on one side and black on the other so just be sure to get it right and you'll be fine.

Like I said, I was skeptical but I'm sold on these 3M Poster Strips. I'll definitely buy more and intend to use them on everything from this point forward!

Final suggestion -- be sure to buy the value packs. It's more cost effective.
77 comments|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2016
I needed to purchase these to mount my organizer by InterDesign (ASIN B00932UVR8) in my bathroom. As to my knowledge, 3M strips are supposedly very strong. I put these to the test and used 5 strips out of the 48 in the pack.There are careful instruction on the back from how to place them, to how to take off. After putting them on and mounting, I tried to pull the organizer off the wall with all my strength and it wouldn't even bulge. Holy hell are these strong. Will be using these to mount other items in the future.

PROS:
- 3M adhesive (considers to be the cheapest and strongest adhesive on the market right now)
- Generous portion of 48 strips in pack for the inexpensive price
- There is a tab at the end of the strip to help with removal

CONS:
- None

A suggestion to anyone that buys this, there is an advertised weight that 1 strip supports up to. Overall I am very happy with my purchase that helped me easily mount my organizer to my bathroom wall.
review image
on June 2, 2010
I've had the same experience as the other users with this product. I've used and trusted 3M products for most of my life, and was always curious about the mounting strips. I was leery that they would work as well as people say.

But after mounting several very large, heavy posters (non-framed of course), I'm a believer. The strips went on easily. We followed the instructions and applied pressure in the correct spots for the amount of time suggested, and the posters are nice and solid on the wall. I have no doubt they'll stay up for a long, long time.

I had to test the removability, though, since that's one of the major features of these strips. On one of the posters after a few days, I removed a strip following the instructions, and darned if it didn't come off just as advertised! Go 3M!

If you have posters and want to make sure you don't damage your walls, these strips are definitely the way to go!
on January 30, 2013
I'm a Sophomore college student and I love these strips for setting up a multitude of things in my dorm room. Although it says they are for posters I find that using more than one (as you would with a poster anyway) can hold up a wide variety of items. I live in a considerable small room shared with one other person so space management is key. I use these strips to mount my power bar (or whatever you call it) to the wall next to my desk for easy access to outlets for my various devices. I also use them to mount my small picture frames on the wall and as replacements for the larger adhesive strips used in the Command Adhesive Hooks which I have plenty of (use two facing in opposite directions to cover the entire back, works just as well as the full size strips). I've even mounted the receiver for my wireless headphones on the wall with no problems at all freeing up much needed space on my desk. And of course, I use these strips to mount my posters on the wall and ceiling (many people prefer using sticky putty for posters, but very rarely will putty be able to hold a poster up on the ceiling).

It is, however, very important to follow the instructions that say to wipe down both the wall and item being mounted with rubbing alcohol before mounting. This has proven to be the deciding factor between long term adhesion and falling off within an hour or so.

A fantastic product, I will buy it again and again!
on August 30, 2015
Removed paint from wall ... big spot of no paint... did NOT work at all like it said. Purchased because of no damage policy for dorm rooms. Will have to pay to have the spots fixed at move-out. Would NOT recommend this product to anyone that doesn't want part of the wall gone.
on June 12, 2010
I'm a big fan of 3M Command products. And while this product is vastly superior to the thumbtack or sticky putty methods of mounting, I can't recommend this for any "valued" artwork/posters. During removal, I've torn or wrinkled the corners of posters while pulling that tab---even with applying enough pressure against the print.
on January 25, 2016
I love these strips - they hold up not only traditional posters but canvasses (you just need to double up the amount of strips you use), they are great for those of us living in rented apartments who can't paint our white walls but still want to add some splash of color or life to our living spaces. I have used them even for calendars and children's art work.
on August 25, 2013
I have a lot of Video game posters, and pictures from when I was on active duty in the US Marines that I don't want messed up because of tape. The trick is to clean the poster and especially the surface that you are putting it on really well with rubbing alcohol. Easy to put up and even easier to take down without damaging what your hanging.
on April 18, 2015
Poster strips are as essential as cable ties and tape. I use these guys everywhere when I need to mount heavier objects such as picture frames, USB hubs, ethernet hubs, and so on. They can carry all the weight I need for any situation and they come off the wall easily when it times to make adjustments. Definitely get a huge savings pack and go nuts.