5.0 out of 5 stars works great; 48 in the pack

2.0 out of 5 stars Sticks but will damage posters
Published on May 3, 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars works great; 48 in the pack, September 10, 2009
bvj54 "bvj54" (Colorado Springs, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Command Poster Adhesive Value Pack, 48-Strip (Tools & Home Improvement)
There are 48 little stickers in this package. Each sticker has about 1/2"x1" sticky surface. They work just like the Command stickers that have hooks, but no hook - you stick it directly to your poster, then the other side to the wall. Be sure you follow the directions and apply pressure for 30 seconds when you mount your posters. After fussing with double-sided foam stickers, and having things fall off the painted cinder-block walls on a regular basis, these seem to be working quite well. Nothing has fallen down yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds a 60"x40" Poster!, September 24, 2009
I was skeptical these 3M poster strips could hold a 60x40 inch poster but they really worked! I did probably overkill it though and used more than suggested but with such a large poster I wanted to make sure it didn't bow in the middle or sag.

I used 4 rows of 6 strips along the top, bottom and two rows in the middle. And so far so good. Looks to be on the wall quite well and I feel confident it'll stay on the wall until I decide to take it down. I can't wait to try these on other things too. I bought several packages of different sizes and even checked out the video on the manufacturer's website. Interesting concept to never hang anything with nails again. Makes redecorating easier and friendlier to your walls too. And living in earthquake country, it just might stay on the wall better too. But given that, I'll be using extra to make sure!

Removing the strips is as easy as it says too. Just pull on the tab and it comes right off. I put one of the strips in the wrong spot on the poster and was easily able to remove it without damaging the paper. Just be aware that one side is meant to be stuck to the wall and the other to paper. It's marked with red lettering on one side and black on the other so just be sure to get it right and you'll be fine.

Like I said, I was skeptical but I'm sold on these 3M Poster Strips. I'll definitely buy more and intend to use them on everything from this point forward!

Final suggestion -- be sure to buy the value packs. It's more cost effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it's supposed to, June 2, 2010
I've had the same experience as the other users with this product. I've used and trusted 3M products for most of my life, and was always curious about the mounting strips. I was leery that they would work as well as people say.

But after mounting several very large, heavy posters (non-framed of course), I'm a believer. The strips went on easily. We followed the instructions and applied pressure in the correct spots for the amount of time suggested, and the posters are nice and solid on the wall. I have no doubt they'll stay up for a long, long time.

I had to test the removability, though, since that's one of the major features of these strips. On one of the posters after a few days, I removed a strip following the instructions, and darned if it didn't come off just as advertised! Go 3M!

If you have posters and want to make sure you don't damage your walls, these strips are definitely the way to go!

2.0 out of 5 stars Sticks but will damage posters, May 3, 2011
These kept my posters up for an entire college year. Now that it has finally come down to removing the posters from my dorm walls I see how much of a lie this product actually is. No damage to posters? How about impossible not to damage posters. Every single poster I have taken down has had some of its back removed or if they were thing magazine posters had at least one corner horribly torn no matter how careful I was to try and remove these tabs. So these are good for posters you don't really care about or for more permanent hanging. Oh and if you're more concerned with your wall like other reviewers, don't worry my dorm walls weren't damaged in any way.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT every time, March 5, 2010
We use 3M hooks and adhesive for almost everything. So long as you chose the correct size strip according to the weight you are trying to hold up (a picture versus a hook for car keys) they always hold. The only time it has not worked was when I forgot to clean the surface--and that was obviously my mistake, not the product. And removing them is so easy and doesn't damage the surface if you follow their removal instructions. LOVE these things and I much prefer these strips to using a nail.

2.0 out of 5 stars Took the paint off the wall, December 22, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, in general I have liked 3M's Commander series of products. I use them on the backs of many household doors to provide a hook for jackets, robes, etc. So I was happy to try the Poster Strips.

I can't say I am impressed with this product. I used this product to mount a monthly calendar to my office wall. After about 6 months, I went to change the calendar.

3 of 4 strips removed the paint from the wall.

Their product advertising states, "the mounting solution that holds on strongly, comes off cleanly! 3M's patented stretch release technology offers strong holding power and damage-free removal. The innovation - forget about nails, screws, tacks or messy adhesives that damage your walls. Revolutionary Command Adhesive works great on painted surfaces, wood, tile and more. Comes off cleanly leaving no holes, marks, sticky residue or stains."

I supposed that's partly true, it did not leave residue. It also did not leave the paint on the wall.

Sorry, this one is a FAIL.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly good..., May 6, 2011
MKinz "Mindi" (Salt Lake City, UT USA) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are great for hanging posters. It even hung really heavy posters. The only problem we had was when we pulled them off. The ones where we pulled them down just like the instructions said to came off just fine. But, my husband pulled one directly out instead of down and it pulled the paint off the wall. I would definitely buy them again, but you just have to be careful to follow the directions exactly when you pull them off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great !, August 10, 2013
These are really great for dorms and they come right off the wall. I love to hang posters as well as my commander hooks for my lanyard and so forth.. It also holds everything really well. I hang with one commander hook my Broom/dust pan , and my swiffer wet jet....These are a great way to keep things organized and right in reach...I highly recommend these

2.0 out of 5 stars Removal issues-possible damage to print, June 12, 2010
S. Padua (Oklahoma City) - See all my reviews
I'm a big fan of 3M Command products. And while this product is vastly superior to the thumbtack or sticky putty methods of mounting, I can't recommend this for any "valued" artwork/posters. During removal, I've torn or wrinkled the corners of posters while pulling that tab---even with applying enough pressure against the print.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING for classrooms with block walls, September 24, 2011
These poster adhesive strips have been a lifesaver. As a high school teacher, I was moved from a room with drywall, where I could hang just about anything with ease, to a room that is solid block walls. NOTHING would stick to these walls, until I found these strips. The bonus is the ease of removal. They truly come off completely, making the principal and maintenance staff happy with me as well. Great product!