Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Command Small Cord Clips, Clear, 8-Clip
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size Name: 8 Small Cord Clips|Change
Price:$3.33+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on September 5, 2014
I see some people are complaining how small these are, yes, these are small but it holds our thick TV cable well and I like how small it is because I don't want to put
some bulky big clips on my wall! (I attached picture.)
review image
on December 30, 2013
I have a few cables (video, Ethernet, etc.) draped around my house and used these cord clips to help hold them up. In the past, I used the white ones, but I was excited to see a clear version so it would look neater on my non-white walls. Here are some things I think are most important:

* SIZE: These can comfortably hold a Cat 5e Ethernet cable (the reason I originally got them), plus maybe another very small cable if you need to (3.5mm audio? never tried). It can also hold one Monoprice Cat 6 Ethernet cable but with no room to spare. I couldn't quite fit in my coax/RG6 cable in, but that will depend on the wire gauge. A thick DVI cable was also too big for these, but it does fit in the medium size.

* STICKINESS: The white strips do stick more strongly than the clear ones. I've only noticed this when trying to run cables around corners, which I've solved by loosening up my turn radius a bit--something I probably should be doing for the sake of the cable, anyway. I don't think this will really matter for cord clips because I can't imagine someone using them for anything heavy enough to matter in the first place. In either case, you'll probably also want to follow their preparation instructions, including cleaning the area with alcohol first and allowing it to try, as well as having some "rest" time after installation before use to allow the adhesive to work better.

* REMOVAL: I've changed my mind about where I want my cables and how I want them organized a few times. I've always had the clear strips remove without damage as long as I follow the instructions. Crucially, you need to pull the non-adhesived tab on the strip straight down--very far down. As it stretches, the adhesive holding the strip to both the hook and the wall will loosen (so hold the hook with your other hand to avoid projectile hook injuries). You *cannot* just pull the strip off the wall normally. That's the only time when I've damaged my paint, and it's only when I accidentally pulled the hook and strip off the wall during a cable-routing accident, and that was long enough ago that I can't even remember if it was a white or clear strip (I suspect the white ones are more likely to cause damage in this situation).

* PRICE: These are hard for me to find locally, but on similar Command products, Amazon always seems to have the best price. Amazon also has a good price on the clear refill strips, which I can't even find locally. The hooks themselves are reusable. The pack comes with a couple extra strips, but since I've done a lot of rearranging, I've had to buy more.

* OTHER: With both these and the white hooks, I've had the tab that the "arm" of the hook is supposed to latch into break off. This prevents the hook from working as intended, but with larger cables the "arm" still holds the cable in enough that I can barely even notice. I've had this happen on a few hooks (total--I've gone through several packs of these) and can probably blame at least a couple of those on me pulling too hard trying to put too much in the hook.

In general, I think these clips work well and are priced reasonably. I'd recommend them to anyone who wants to organize cords or cables without doing anything permanent or wall-damaging. Just be sure to follow the removal instructions if the non-damaging part of this product is important to you (it is to me--it's why I bought them).
on July 11, 2015
I recently moved my main desktop computer from the family office into my own bedroom. I didn't want to use WiFi on my desktop so I opted for the reliable ethernet cable. All of the network devices were set in the office, and I declined to drill holes in the walls to run just one cable. So the only plausible way would be to run the ethernet cable externally. These cord clips did wonders! I was able to line the ethernet cable, under the office door, up the wall, along the crown molding (adjacent to the ceiling), then down and lined along the baseboard until the cable reached my computer. The cable fits snug, and I was able to make the cable as taut as possible, between each clip, so there wouldn't be any dangling from above.. The included adhesives were beyond my expectations, as I originally planned to use my own 3M Double Coated Urethane Foam Tape. Instead, the adhesives held on so exceptionally well that none of them are budging. I definitely recommend these clips for a simple cable management without the need to drill holes!
review image review image
on August 23, 2013
I am using these to secure a computer Dell charging cord - part of it is thick and flat. These are too small for that part, so I can't close the clips. I think the photo that displays with this on Amazon (showing it holding 3 cords to a wall) is not for this size - probably a medium or a large is what is being used in the photo. Otherwise an excellent product.
on November 19, 2015
 I expected to love these, and give them a 5 star rating like other Command products I've used, but I had two problems. First, they're fragile, we found a cracked one in the package. Second, they can damage walls, depending on how they're handled, and not just by removing them improperly - we placed them along the window sill and wall to hold a printer cable that had to be run from a computer to the other side of the room (see photos) and the last one in the line, just before it got to the printer, apparently the cable was tugged on and that ripped the clip from the wall, and it took the wall paint off with it. I didn't think they could be ripped from the wall that easily, but apparently they can. So, we still like them, and we still use them, but with caution. Of course this means you should never use them on any expensive walls that can't be repaired easily (like early 19th century hand painted plaster walls). Not that our walls are that kind, but it's an example of the type of wall that can be fragile or expensive to fix.

I've uploaded a short video so you can see how they hold the cables in place, plus some photos of how we used them on the walls and window sill.
review image review image review image review image review image
44 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2014
These work WONDERS if you use them appropriately. Clean the area you plan on placing them first (preferably with rubbing alcohol.) let the area dry and then place the clip... Simple as that! Holds both my cat5 ethernet cord and my telephone wire in a single clip as well!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 21, 2016
We bought this item to use with a cat5 cable. It works perfectly! You really have to follow the instructions that are on the back though; clean the surface with alcool (not household cleaning products), then peel the wall sticker. Press for 30 seconds. Then peel of the sticker again, put the plastic part. Press FIRMLY for 30 SECONDS. Wait at least an hour. Works like a charm, even after a full week.

Notes: Make sure you leave space under the clip in order to be able to pull the band when you'll want to remove it. It has to be SLOW and DOWN, not towards you. Also, these guys have a little hook where you can close the cord around. Two things about it: it's SUPER fragile. Also, you don't always need to use it. Sometimes, leaving it open still hold the cable in a secured manner.
review image
on April 1, 2014
The hooks themselves are perfectly fine (and for reference I was able to have the hooks hold on to two double-stranded 16 gauge speaker wire cables, so 4 wires+insulation in total) and hold just as one would hope. The adhesive pads that come with these hooks, however, aren't all that effective. Its just a thin piece of paper with adhesive on both sides. This didn't have the foam-based backings that I remember having gotten in the past, which were much more effective at holding the hooks to the wall. I've had to replace the adhesive a few times now, as even a little extra tension in the wrong direction will bring these hooks right down off of the wall. Don't plan on pulling all that hard on these- they really will come down easily.
on June 5, 2013
These are perfect for running my USB cable from my computer to the printer. Discreet placement along the floor board, near the carpet.

Remember to place them high enough that a vacuum can hit the baseboard without hitting these cord clips.
on August 10, 2015
Basically, if you plan to install these in a place with lots of activity where the plastic latches, which close to lock wires in place, will be brushed up against, expect the latches to break. Otherwise they are worth a shot. Below is my experience using these to tuck away a wire running under the front edge of my desk for those who are interested in a similar solution.

Top of my desk extends 3/4" past the rest of my desk, just enough room to install these along the bottom side of the extended edge that faces me. Spaced 6" apart over 4', these supported a 3/16" diameter audio cable without slack. Was able to access a drawer that opened 1/2" from the bottom of the hook. Was satisfied.

3 weeks later, I brushed against one clip's plastic latch. Snapped right off, left a sharp surface that drew blood when I carelessly brushed against it again, and rendered the clip useless. You can file down the broken plastic to render it safe, or just peel the thing off. When I peeled it off, it came 100% easily and cleanly away from my wooden desk. Eventually I broke the latch of a neighboring clip, and a few weeks later the next clip down the line snapped on its own.

*******

Still, these are a relatively inexpensive solution that removes easily (from wood at least). I will definitely give it another try, with the latches facing inward this time, and I will post an update.
review image review image