5.0 out of 5 stars Great for people with open hearts and minds!
Published on February 21, 2009 by Mhoward10135

1.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive Title
This book should be called Saturday Sabbath. The authors spend most of their time explaining why the Sabbath should be on Saturday instead of Sunday. I won't even donate this book to a second hand store. It's going directly into the recycle bin. Maybe something good can still be made from it.
Published 1 month ago by Greg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for people with open hearts and minds!, February 21, 2009
This review is from: Ten Commandments Twice Removed (Paperback)
This is a great book! I did not understand a lot about The seventh day and being obedient to God. This book really helped me , but it went against all of my traditions. I had to make a decision. Do I want to obey God or do I want to stick with the traditions of men that would lead me to destruction. I really love God and I want to do what every he wants me to do. I am not an adventist by any means, but I am a God only. I am in his kingdom so I must obey the kingdom laws. Most people would rather stick with things that they are used to so that they can be comfortable or so that nobody will talk about them or their family will accept them rather than to be accepted and obey God. I understand now the orgin of where Sunday came from and how we got so turned upside down. I observe Sabbath now and It has been a great blessing! Thank you to the authors of this book because it is very thorough and I understood everything. I read it on a continuous basis now. My husband and I have been blessed. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars God's Test of Obedience, July 8, 2013
This review is from: Ten Commandments Twice Removed (Paperback)
Remembering the Sabbath and Keeping it Holy on the Seventh Day as God Commands in the Fourth Commandment is just the tip of the iceberg. It's about obeying His Word.
Adam and Eve were given every fruit and nut bearing tree in the garden to eat of except ONE. And that ONE they were expected to obey God's Word to not eat from it lest they die. It was a test of obedience.
Yes we have freedom of choice to worship Christ daily and we should surrender to Him our lives every day. As the song goes "I need thee every hour." Jesus even said in John 15, "Remain in Me, and I will Remain in you." But that doesn't make the day of your choosing Holy because you talked with and prayed with Jesus that day or any other of the six days of the week. What makes something or someone Holy is God's Word in action through sanctification. In this case He set aside the seventh day for Holy use for His creation to worship Him as Creator and Redeemer. His Commandment to Remember and Keep a particular day Holy, which is the Seventh Day. This was His last act at Creation when He Rested the Seventh Day from all His work and Sanctified it (to set apart for Holy use). Then for reasons that God foresaw in the future He gives us 10 Commandments to live by and specifically says of the 4th one, "REMEMBER." Remember the SABBATH Day to keep it holy, six days shall you labor and do all thy work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God's. Evidently He knew a time would come that people would forget or attempt to change His Holy Day of Rest. He even refers to His act of Creation in this particular commandment to let us know that He is the One True God. If we are keeping His Sabbath Day Holy by obeying the Commandment then we know we are worshipping the True God of the Bible. The God who not only created us, but also redeemed us.
Just a final thought. God has said "Be Holy, for I am Holy," 1st Peter 1:16. A person can't even keep the Sabbath day holy unless they themselves are holy. We must daily be sanctified by the Holy Spirit in order to enter into His Holy Rest Day, the Seventh-Day Sabbath.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, well written, March 27, 2008
This review is from: Ten Commandments Twice Removed (Paperback)
The focus of this book is not about the Catholic Church, nor is it meant to bash any denomination. Facts are facts. Why is it that most Christians agree with nine of the Commandments of the Decalogue, but have trouble with the fourth one, where God Himself said to "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy"? The Sabbath is a lovely gift, a time when we can come aside and spend time with the Lord, whether we choose to worship corporately at church, or whether we spend quiet time at home or out in nature, meditating on the wonders of our Creator. It is wonderfully generous of our Lord to give us a 24-hour period where we can step away from the cares of this world, and have time to rest, reflect, pray, meditate, nap, sing, study the Bible, and fellowship with others.

Personally, I appreciate books such as the one written by Mr. Shelton and Ms. Quinn. I often watch 3ABN (Three Angels Broadcast), and I have come to appreciate this channel for many reasons. Along with being a safe channel for viewing in my household, a wealth of sound, Biblical doctrine is offered. There is great programming for children, and in a world where our teens and little ones are often on overload from inappropriate television programming (and other sources), it is great to have a Christian alternative.

Please consider the following sources:

Priest Thomas Enright, C.S.S.R., February 18, 1884:

"I have repeatedly offered $1,000 to anyone who can prove to me from the Bible alone that I am bound to keep Sunday holy. There is no such law in the Bible. It is a law of the holy Catholic Church alone. The Bible says 'Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.' The Catholic Church says, No. By my divine power I abolish the Sabbath day and command you to keep holy the first day of the week. And lo! The entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience to the command of the Holy Catholic Church."

*****
Rev. Peter Geiermann C.S.S.R., The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, p. 50 (1946):

Question: Which is the Sabbath day?
Answer: Saturday is the Sabbath day.

Question: Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?
Answer: We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday."

From The Catholic Universe Bulletin, August 14, 1942, p. 4:

"The [Roman Catholic] Church changed the observance of the Sabbath to Sunday by right of the divine, infallible authority given to her by her founder, Jesus Christ. The Protestant claiming the Bible to be the only guide of faith, has no warrant for observing Sunday."

*****
From Monsignor Louis Segur, Plain Talk about the Protestantism of Today, p. 213:

"The observance of Sunday by the Protestants is homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the [Roman Catholic] Church."

From John Cardinal Gibbons, The Catholic Mirror, December 23, 1893:

"Reason and sense demand the acceptance of one or the other of these alternatives: either Protestantism and the keeping holy of Saturday, or Catholicity and the keeping holy of Sunday. Compromise is impossible."

May God open our eyes, and allow us to be ready to meet Him, for He is coming soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars ten commandments twice removed, August 23, 2013
This review is from: Ten Commandments Twice Removed (Paperback)
This is an excellent book to support the bible teaching of the ten commandments. It was excellent and I will share it with others

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Truth, August 29, 2013
This review is from: Ten Commandments Twice Removed (Paperback)
Wow, why have people not seen this before?
So many truth being revealed. A would recommend
it to the entire world.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the Facts!, January 29, 2011
This review is from: Ten Commandments Twice Removed (Paperback)
This book gives a DETAILED understanding of how the Bible's Ten Commandments have been forgotten and no longer hold the importance they should to many believers.
GOD wrote COMMANDMENTS...not "suggestions" - If you are looking to renew your faith and truly understand the meaning of the Commandments -- buy this book!! Danny Shelton's strong love for GOD shows that following the WORD "as the LORD would have us" is desireable and not a task! GOD BLESS those who choose to partake in this refreshing book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sabbath Not Nailed 2 the Cross, January 15, 2010
This review is from: Ten Commandments Twice Removed (Paperback)
Wonderful Book. It helped me to understand that the Sabbath was not nailed to the Cross as several Sunday churches preach. It is false to preach that they were nailed to the cross and those preachers and reverends will have 2 answer to God for misleading his sheep so they can benefit from the $$$$ Monetary Contributions from church members!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive Title, May 28, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars A very well written book!!!, November 3, 2013
This review is from: Ten Commandments Twice Removed (Paperback)
This book was very clearly written and is easy for anyone to understand. If you are an open minded Christian and want to read what the Word of God says regarding the Sabbath found in the 4th Commandment then this book is one of the best studies that you will find on the topic. I especially enjoyed how the two authors in great detail showed the clear and distinct difference between the 10 Commandments moral law and the Ceremonial law found in the book of the law written by the hand of Moses, This book of the law contained detailed statutes and ordinances regarding the sacrificial system, which pointed forward to or was a shadow of Christ, who was to appear as the ultimate lamb without blemish and who died in our place, so that we might have everlasting life. This book helps to clear up the confusion regarding exactly which law was nailed to the cross. It is a great book and provides a very detailed Bible study on the subject of the 10 Commandments and the Sabbath in particular!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Truth, September 23, 2013
This review is from: Ten Commandments Twice Removed (Paperback)
Everyone should read this book, they will have a better view point on the Sabbath (Saturday) and the Ten Commandments - God's Law.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Ten Commandments Twice Removed
Ten Commandments Twice Removed by Danny Shelton (Paperback - April 2006)
Used & New from: $0.01