5.0 out of 5 stars Work horse
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:48 Mins
Solofill Cup, Refillable K-Cup For Keurig K-Cup Brewers, Red

Published on February 7, 2012 by Phil

2.0 out of 5 stars This unit is loud!
Published on September 22, 2011 by Fair review

5.0 out of 5 stars Work horse, February 7, 2012
Phil (Ohio, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Commercial Grade Gourmet Small-Office Brewer B145 (Kitchen)
Length:: 0:48 Mins

Solofill Cup, Refillable K-Cup For Keurig K-Cup Brewers, Red

We got this for Christmas 2011, and absolutely love it. After doing much research we decided to go with the Commercial Grade model, because of its durability. At first we were worried about the complaints of it being loud but I think that is overstated. We grind our own coffee each morning to fill our Solofill cup and the grinder is much louder than the sound of this device. The pumps can be heard but it doesn't last more than a few seconds and is nowhere near the level that some reviews have stated. At a minimum of 2 cups a day (4 on the weekend), plus 2 parties where maybe an extra 20-30 cups of coffee were consumed, I must say it has performed amazingly well. I will add a video in the near future to demonstrate the sound. Thanks.

2.0 out of 5 stars This unit is loud!, September 22, 2011
Bought this unit for a doctors office for the office staff, to replace the previous keurig brewer which died. That one had the quiet pump, but i guess the quiet pumps die easy because it died in about a year. So I thought I would surprise the staff with this unit as a nice gift on me. I set it up at the end of the day after they left and came in the next day expecting them to be happy as they are usually are a nice happy thankful bunch. I came in the next day after they were in and no one said a word. That seemed strange. Later in the day I asked if anyone had tried the new machine? "Yes". That also was a strange response. Not even a "yes thank-you". I knew something was wrong. So I went to make a cup for myself. Perhaps there was a funny taste or something wrong with the new machine I thought. So I put in a k-cup and pressed the start button. I immediately knew what was up when the machine starting vibrating and shaking the shelf so loud that everyone starting laughing. One person said "I guess we could probably get used to it", another said "sounds kind of like a fog horn right?". I said "sorry guys" "I didn't know this was so loud". I called the company and asked if there were any complaints about the noise. "We always recommend trying a mouse pad underneath to see if it helps". So I tried. Still way too loud for a quiet office. So I ordered a different unit with the quiet pump for the staff. This one is sitting on a shelf brand new not being used at my house. It might be a fine unit that might last better than the quiet technology. If I ever have a really noisy office where I can use this I'll let you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift success, December 31, 2012
Got this dandy little device for my hubby for Christmas. Granted it's only been a week but I am quite happy. Don't get the noise issues talked about in other reviews at all! It's not silent, but we don't have to turn up the TV either and it takes, what, 15 seconds. Fast. Compact. Versatile. The only thing we'd change is adding a 16oz setting, but that would make a travel mug take 15 seconds instead of 30. Oooooo! Not a biggie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected., November 14, 2012
I purchased this for our break room at work, even though most of the reviews I read on Amazon said it was loud. Maybe the offices using this machine were drs.' offices needing hushed quiet. None of us find it too loud at all, and the few quick seconds it takes to fill the tank are not disturbing at all. We are all happy not to be throwing out coffee at the end of every day, and everyone loves the fact that they can have their favorite beverages. Would definitely recommend this brewer.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this keurig!, October 20, 2012
Linda Logue "~LL" (Central Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
I love this Keurig! I checked out all of the models available and found this one to be the easiest to operate with very easy displayed options. The machine makes a low humm after you press the start button, but it is not that loud - you get used to it. The best part about it is how FAST you get your hot liquid! So, as soon as you think, "I'd like a cup of coffee" or "I'd like a hot tea," you don't have time to change your mind, ha ha, because it's done!

4.0 out of 5 stars a little noiser but, January 23, 2012
babydoc634 (Morristown, TN) - See all my reviews
Have a "Premium" at home which was given to me as a gift and has worked wonderfully for 4 months now, I also work in a "doctors" office and in a moderate volume ER as well and purchased a B145 for both locations. Yes it is a bit noiser than my home version but I noted none of the unusual vibrations mentioned in a prior review in either of my purchased units. They make great coffee and we have inadvertently become the "focal point" for the downstairs hospital staff (need to find a good refillable cup). As for the office, we have the unit back in the kitchen area and haven't noted that we've run any of our patients or staff out yet.Commercial Grade Gourmet Small-Office Brewer B145

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my fourth Keurig, and easily my favorite, May 24, 2013
I've had multiple types of Keurigs in the past, and after outgrowing the first two, and suffering a dreaded partial-cup-shut-off death of my third one, I finally settled on this version for my home kitchen, despite being created for small offices.

Pros:
1) SIMPLE - I can't emphasize enough how much I prefer this simple knob system to the overly complicated controls of the newer home keurigs. There's only a few knobs that you need to use in order to get the exact same cup of coffee as previous version I've had.
2) drain and descale options - I'm not sure if newer home systems have these, but this is the first keurig that I've ever owned that's offered these options. Just like healthcare, prevention is way more efficacious than refractory repairs, so having these options allows me to truly care for the longevity of my keurig.
3) Nice size water reservoir - It's not huge, but it holds a convenient number of cups (depends on brew size of course).
4) very easy to clean - I really don't like messy coffee machines, and I greatly appreciate that this machine is very easy to clean. No complicated dimples, edges, recesses, etc. I can pop out the brewing capsule (where the needle is), and simply wipe the rest of the machine down, leaving it looking brand new each time.

Cons:
1) Loud - as stated by many other reviewers, this sucker gets loud. It's not unbearable, but I can definitely hear it across the house.
2) no alarm/auto-on options - obviously, since this is intended for the office, this doesn't offer any of the great timing options that many of the home version do. However, I figured I'd make sure to address that issue, since it's such a common feature on coffee makers.

Overall, this is a simplified version of the popular home versions, and substitutes LCD screens and digital buttons in favor of knobs. If that's your prerogative, and you're willing to trade off some features for a bit more durability, this fits the bill perfectly and I highly recommend. Plus, how can you live without a Keurig these days?

5.0 out of 5 stars It is Loud, but...., January 19, 2013
Dave P (Rochester, NY) - See all my reviews
I don't think it's fair giving the coffee maker a bad review because it's loud. This is small office machine and is built to be used a lot. Therefore I would expect it to be a little noisier. It is very loud!! However, the coffee maker works very well. Coffee comes out hot, it is very consistent with the amount of fluid it dispenses. It's very easy to use, and clean. If you're looking for a single serving coffee maker that's going to be used to make more than a few cups a day, this is the one for you. By the way, the mouse pad underneath does not really help much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Keurig!!!, December 3, 2012
I love my new Keurig 145. The water container is easy to remove and fill, and the machine simple, easy to use, and works perfectly. The choices on water levels are great. The machine primes when you fill it with water so the water is hot when you press the start button and coffee is ready in less than a minute. I bought this very system with trial coffee pack at Office Depot for $129.00.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, SO good!, September 10, 2012
Apple Worm (Arkansas, USA) - See all my reviews
Heats up the water quick, has a nice 2-hour shutoff, and seems like it's got a decent quality build. No issues to report.