5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome as usual
Max is one anointed writer. Writes in a very simple but straight forward way. God bless you Max. Happy New year to you and yours.
Published 8 months ago by C. L. Brocksieker

2.0 out of 5 stars Max Lucado Small Group Study
Having purchased the actual book "Cure for the Common Life" I did assume the study guide would work step by step with the book, but it doesn't. As a result we have not used the study guide at all, but working through the chapters one by one.

Published on November 9, 2006 by Jane Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Max Lucado Small Group Study, November 9, 2006
Jane Smith (Richmond , Virginia USA) - See all my reviews

I think the study guide has some good ideas, but we haven't been able to use it during our small group time, so rather a waste of money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best for a true group study, November 27, 2007
A customer (Fort Collins, Colorado) - See all my reviews
This study guide is stuctured for a small group that breaks up into pairs or threes to share thoughts and personal stories to help discover each person's individual strengths. If you want to do a study based upon the book with a group that stays together and discusses together, I recommend you follow the actual book not the study guide. The book has a good list of questions at the back for chapters 6-15.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very redundant, February 3, 2012
This review is from: Cure for the Common Life Small Group Study (Lucado, Max) (Paperback)
Our couples group Finally abandoned this "bible study" after week 3 because it was the EXACT same questions week to week. Please note on the cover that some other group is parting writing it and I believe just using lucado's name to get you interested in it. Definitely not a lucado study. Don't waste your $.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome as usual, December 29, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars good, August 1, 2013
The book by itself would be just fine and no need for the workbook. There is a lot of turn to your neighbor and talk about......

5.0 out of 5 stars A real life changer, May 15, 2013
I loved this book. I underlined, folded pages, used post-it's and overall could not wait to read this. Each chapter was a step and eye-opener of what to do to make your/my life worth something that matters. The workbook is great, tremendous group study and/or just for yourself. If you need a shot in the arm -- this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book review, November 26, 2012
This is a great book. I found it to answer a lot of questions that people have concerning what to do with their life.

4.0 out of 5 stars First Stps, October 4, 2009
This study was a big surprise. At first it seems kinds fluffy compared to the actual book. But in a small group setting it really generates conversation and soul searching. I highly recommend this study to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Max Lucado Masterpiece, April 21, 2009
I love his books and this one is great. Buy them all and lock yourself into your room for a month and read them. You will be blessed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, July 16, 2010
Don "lgregory20" (Batesville, Arkansas United States) - See all my reviews
I really do not understand how Max has done it. He takes a bunch of fluff, stirs it around a little and pours out "Best sellers?" Is our society so lacking in religous understanding that they are willing to swallow anything that makes them "Feel" good. Cure for the Common life is just more of the same double talk that takes you no where, and has no real rationale. (except of course to make Max $$$) The true purpose of God's word is to lead us thru life, and motivate individuals and society as a whole to be more like Him. To say God's give us a "knack sack" (Max's words not mine) and that to be truly happy or find our "sweet spot" we must align ourselves to "the plan" God put together for us before we were born? Let's just say it's a little our there. Now if you wish to stay in the "shallow" end of the pool, and you only want to discuss "touchey, feeley" aspects of a religous dicussion?...then Max's books, including this one, are right up your alley. But..if you truly want to strive to be a better Christian, and learn how to improve your life, and the lives of others. Forget fluff like this big bowl of sugar and buy yourself and good translation of the Bible. All of life answers can be found in God's word. You just have to spend the time finding it. Good luck and good hunting.

Cure for the Common Life Small Group Study (Lucado, Max)
Cure for the Common Life Small Group Study (Lucado, Max) by Max Lucado (Paperback - September 19, 2006)
Used & New from: $2.45