Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Comodo Geek Buddy
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 5, 2015
My gosh, don't pay for this! This Trashware installed itself for free on my machine from Tom's Hardware while i was downloading Hiren's Boot CD. Popped up three times while the boot cd image was downloading to tell me about "problems" with my computer. Trust me, i know when and where there are problems in my computer - i run a tight laptop.
This is IMO absolute junk designed to prey on people who have no technical knowledge and don't know how to maintain their computers. Instead of this product, i'd recommend just doing research if your computer has symptoms. *Be your own geek buddy*: Put the text of the symptoms into search engines and learn learn learn!
Promptly de-installed this junk. This was as bad as the scam phone call where the guy pretends to be from Microsoft and wants you to be scared when you look in your event viewer and see stuff. I hope that someday this type of predatory application will be illegal. WTHeck are you thinking Tom's HW?

Control Panel --> Programs and Features. Sort by install date so should be at top. Select GeekBuddy. Select uninstall.

-greg frohring
on November 21, 2015
I have always been happy with Comodo and for many years they've done me well. Due to their brilliant reputation I thought I'd give GeekBuddy a shot since they where offering a free trial. Unfortunately to my shock, GeekBuddy seamed to be something of a cleverly covered scam. The consultant proceeded to say how my computer has errors and the consultant request remote access. From here he started installing all kinds of monitoring software on my computer, and then on-boot-up the computer was never the same. I must stress that my computer at this stage was completely clean (as it was just formatting 2 hours beforehand), only to have to need to format it again!

I cannot strongly discourage the use of Comodo GeekBuddy. Once you install Comodo uninstall GeekBuddy and never trust this company. If you don't trust me just look at the reviews, it isn't a shock that it's mostly a 1 star. The only complaint I have from Amazon is not being able to give them a 0 or a minus star, they really are this bad!
on December 14, 2015
Don't waste your money. They wanted inside my computer immediately. Told them no because they don't even know what my issue was before asking for access. Upon asking if they would like to hear the issue before hand they answered "sure". My poor baby saw them as a threat and immediately booted the girl out when she tried accessing something she did not have permission to access. Removed the geekbuddy app right after disconnect. How do you plan to fix an issue if you do not know what you're suppose to be looking for?
on June 2, 2016
Horrible. I heard good things about Comodo Firewall which I commend them for that software continuing to support XP (thats a whole other discussion as to how Microsoft forces you to upgrade to their latest bloatware by encouraging vendors not to support XP machines).

Anyway, I installed their firewall which is a pretty good product, but then this "geek buddy" thing keeps popping up on my screen and my computer starts running slow/locking up - awful! I thought it was the Comodo Firewall software so I uninstalled that. Then today, I get a message that "Geek Buddy" component has crashed! What? I thought I got rid of this when I uninstalled Comodo Firewall.

Apparently not, Just removed it and now my whole machine seems faster. Bottom line, avoid these helper apps that try and "phone home" I switched to FreePrivateFirewall by priivacyware - much better and lighter.

Also, I don't bother to run antivirus on my machines. A good firewall is all you need and you get away from all the antivirus "security" bloatware. If you practice good judgement, read the warnings from the firewall, you will not have security issues.
on July 8, 2016
This is a scam don't buy it or allow them to remote into your computer I have video proof that all they do is wipe out your computer there support is just scammers who wreck your computer they deleted all my files and said I wouldn't get them back unless I paid up Amazon should not allow this to be sold on here its a lie never buy it or download it if you don't believe me I can send video proof of them locking up my computer took for ever to uninstall and undo there mess never give them any personal info also there site is full of fake reviews to.
on June 26, 2015
Don't buy this. They are the people that put the malware on your PC to begin with. It's a full blown scam. They should be thrown in prison.
on July 5, 2016
I downloaded Comodo Free Backup software after reading some reviews. I started the program and though it ran for over 24 hours, it quit when it was 99% complete (it sat at 99% for about 7 hours). Sensing a problem, I closed the program, removed my 2tb USB drive I was using for the backed-up files, then plugged it back in to see what files were there. I heard the USB noise, but now my computer couldn't see my E: drive - the USB drive. Upon calling Comodo support, they told me to download GeekBuddy and a tech would look into the problem. Rather than downloading GeekBuddy (let's just say I have trust issues about giving access to my computer to people in a call center in India - what could POSSIBLY go wrong?), I got into an online chat session with one of their techs. Much to my shock (NOT!), he insisted that I install GeekBuddy. The session ended quickly. Here is the exchange:

Abel:
Can you check your computer desktop for the GeekBuddy icon? An icon with a red box and a white cross on it. Please double click on it and
let me know what happens.
Me:
I do not have GeekBuddy and will not install it for security reasons. Can you walk me through the repair process instead?
Abel:
As this is expert technical support, there is a charge to fix these issues. Other companies charge a base per incident or for a one time fix that can cost you over $100. GeekBuddy provides competitive pricing on a yearly term basis, to protect your computer and keep you safe 24/7.
Abel:
Allow me to show you the details today's special offers.
Me:
Comodo Backup software created a problem that I did not have before. Why should I pay to fix it?
Hello?

...and that was the end of the conversation. I actually kept the chat box open for another 45 minutes and there was no response.

If this doesn't convince you that GeekBuddy is a scam, nothing will. Listen, people - there are obviously enough uninformed people out there to support these scammers. PLEASE exercise caution whenever you're in a situation like this. Admittedly, I was initially tempted to download it because I had heard good things about Comodo. But when they hit me with the hard sell of "Download this so we can fix the problem," it was over. BE SMART AND SPREAD THE WORD.
on July 2, 2015
This company now attaches it's program software as spyware when you download music. It insists that you call and pay there tech to get it off your computer. When it attaches as virus crashes your chrome browser and than wants money to tell you how to restore chrome. This is scammers at it's best. Be aware they are remotely controlling your computer. They even Pop up with a chat.
on October 28, 2015
borderline malware, do not install.
You will get pop ups and the TOS allow them full access to your C drive
on November 8, 2015
If I could rate this 0 I would...
This program installs malware on your computer
DONT BUY