Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Comotomo Silicone Baby Teether, Orange
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Color: Orange|Change

on February 8, 2015
Our son Charlie LOVES Comotomo. He's an early teether, so at 3 months he started the finger chewing and excessive drooling. We started trying different teething options, hoping to avoid a finger sucking habit and to give him some teething relief. So far, we've tried:

1. Comotomo
2. Manhattan Toy Winkel Rattle and Sensory Teether - Charlie loves it.
3. Munchkin Fun Ice Chewy Teether - Newer for us but Charlie definitely took interest in the cool sensation. Wish the fingers were wider.
4. Sophie the Giraffe Vulli So'Pure Teether - Charlie has expressed little interest in this one.
5. Chewy Tubes Knobby Super Chew Red - This is a mislabeled product that is not really a teether and not safe for children under 7 months.

Comotomo and Winkel are Charlie's favorites. They now come everywhere with us.

The Comotomo is made of a soft rubber with four finger shaped ends that Charlie loves to chew. It's the perfect length to access molars without gagging the little one and the ring at the top is just big enough to allow him to grip it with one or both hands. This was one of the first things Charlie would proactively grab and pick up. I recommend buying a few so you always have one on hand!
review image review image
on December 8, 2012
My son got his first teeth at 3.5 months, so I have already been through about 18 different teethers. I found this one on Amazon at the 4 month mark and am so happy I tried it out. Easy to grab, easy to clean, and my son will munch on it until he falls asleep or needs to eat. The four little prongs do not gag him and have different textures on the end. He is almost 6 months now it is still, by far, his favorite thing to munch on (my finger is not an option anymore with those sharp little teeth). My son prefers silicone teethers and loves this one in particular.
The minute you see drool, get one of these. I have three!
on January 19, 2013
I love this teether - I just wish I'd found it, or it had existed, when my son was 3 months and started wanting to chew on things all the time. I had the hardest time finding anything small enough. The Lifefactory 2 Pack Multi Sensory Silicone Teether, Sky/Spring Green was what worked then, and was his favorite for months, but I think this Comotomo one would have been even better. It's smaller and would have been much easier for him to hold onto and put in his mouth.

As it is I found it when he was 7 months old and suddenly got bored of most of his teethers and wanted something that sticks into his mouth, and this is smaller than I had hoped. He will play with it for a while but not as big a hit as I'd thought it would be.

But for those of you with 3-4 month olds who are wanting to chew on things, this is the PERFECT size - I'm not sure there are actually any others available nearly so good.
on November 10, 2012
Hard to pry this little thing from my daughter's slimy hands! She gnaws it like her life depends on it. Small, but effective. LOVE.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 23, 2016
We buy a lot off Amazon and rarely give reviews. However with this experience we decided to share. We purchased this teether less than a month ago. We purchased because of it being safe, made of silicone and its design. When we received this product it came in an unmarked package which was a bit strange. No product name or care instructions. Regardless of the packaging the main concern came when we soaked the toy in a clean cup filled with water and white vinegar. See the photo. The residue coating came off and pieces of blue can be seen floating. I do not recommend this product. ADDITIONAL - we cleaned the teether in a glass cup that had been sterilized and the floating residue appeared again.
review image review image
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi - we are very sorry to hear about the issue that you had, and I apologize for this late follow up. After reading your review, we did the same test on our end, but there weren't any residues. But I would like to have an opportunity to discuss this with you to see exactly what the issue was, and find a way to get this matter resolved for you. Also, would you be able to let us know about the packaging? I'm not sure what "unmarked" package means. I can be reached directly at tony@comotomo.com. Thank you very much!
on December 6, 2014
Just received our teether yesterday. I gave it to my 6 month old this morning and he loves it. The rubber prongs are about the same size as his little fingers so he naturally started to chew on the teether. Love the color too!
on March 5, 2015
We love this teether! We tried the Sophie, the ring with the little nubs, fruit, and others...and this one seems to be our little guy's favorite. I put it in my mouth to check and It feels just like biting on my finger. This teether is also light weight, easy to grab and easy to rinse if it falls on the floor. Although not recommended, we connect the pacifier strap to it so it doesn't fall if our baby lets it go. Lastly, we liked it so much that we bought 2 one for home and one for the diaper bag when we go out or when he stays with the grandparents. I've attached an image so you can see the scale. Our guy just turned 5 months.
on June 23, 2015
This Comotomo teether is the perfect teether for early teething babies. Our baby started teething early (at almost 3 months old) and I've struggled to find a teether that was small enough and soft enough for her gums. We have a plethora of teething toys-rings, Sophie, freezable ones, teething necklaces, wooden ones, etc., but none were soft enough for her gums as she was experiencing the teething pains of her teeth moving under the gums, but none had surfaced.

This teether is ideal for those little ones that are experience under the gum teething pains and need something to chew on besides fingers. It is small (approximately 4 inches) and brightly colored so, it's easy to find if it gets thrown around or lost in the jumble. The small width of the circle allows baby to hold on to it on their own and the 4 different fingers make it easy for baby to get one in his/her mouth. The 4 fingers have different textured ends, providing some variety in feel for baby (see photo).

It would be nice if there was a way for this teether to sit without the 4 fingers touching the table top or ground, but obviously, baby won't drop it so it would land that way if it were possible so, it's not worthy of lowering the rating for that.

The price is affordable for the quality and practicality of this teether. It's a must have for those beginning teethers!
on August 17, 2015
Our son began teething early at around 2.5 months. His hands were too small to grab normal teething rings/toys. He also didn't have the coordination to hold onto them since they were normally pretty heavy. This one worked perfectly for him. He is able to easily wrap his fist around the ring with some assistance. He learned very quickly how to put the "fingers" into his mouth and enjoys chewing on it. I like that the "fingers" aren't long enough for him to gag himself, and they are also arranged so that he can easily get them in his mouth. All around a very well constructed teething ring. I added a picture of our son at exactly 3 months chewing away at it! Thank you Comotomo for making such excellent products.
on December 29, 2013
Picked it up after my wife researched several teething toys; my daughter loves this out of all of the different toys we bought! Affordable, easy to clean, and a great design, this has turned out to be one of the better finds for us a new parents!