Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 questions
vote
Yes with no problems. Same item except for the Leica logo and price... I switch the viewfinder between my GF1 and the D-Lux 5.
Mar 2, 2011 by C. Kuhn
votes
Yes, mac will give you a preview of the Leica RAW format. As for RAW adjustments, use the third party software included with the camera (Lightroom).
Mar 25, 2011 by Shep
votes
Without any hesitation but with some more money on the table, my pick is the Leica. Colors are way superior and more pleasing than the Canon.
May 22, 2012 by Jean-Pierre Thibaudeau
votes
It is not easy to find a side with pictures to compare these cameras. I woud say, go into a shop and make some pictures with these two cameras and compare them. My camera is the d-lux 5. I made some pictures without any light, I mean, I saw nothing in the room. This extremly picture with the camera and tripod was ok. You can compare the deteils on the leica side, where you can download the pdf-s. Here are two links: The d-lux 6 has a nice depth of focus http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1177155/0 The pictures form the d-lux 5 are also well. https://www.flickr.com/photos/adowomac/5550269587/in/set-72157625657832783/ Compare the picture borders, but you will not see any differences. In my opinion, the d-lux 6 pictures are a bit shaper in depth of focus.
Apr 24, 2014 by sollanhaben
votes
D-LUX 5 is still listed on the Leica website as a current model. I suggest that unless it is offered to you much cheaper than D-LUX 6, the later model offers useful improvements (faster lens for example) for very little additional cost.
Jul 6, 2013 by J. M. Fitzpatrick
votes
Can't answer because I don't have a DLux6, but I have a DLux 5s. This is a near perfect camera. The photos are amazingly sharp and balance dright out of the camera. You get great pictures without really trying, but if you work at it, they are hard to distinguish between a big SLR. The camera is great for low light and for close ups. It's also small and has a great feel in your hands.
Jun 1, 2013 by Duby Collins
votes
No
Nov 26, 2014 by Felipe Davila
votes
I think the square format is the default format. I'm not sure that you can turn it off, apart from using the wide format. Near the ring where the lens attaches to the body, is a lever you can use to change from square to rectangle format. Unfortunately, that also reduces the number of pics for a given chip. Hope this helps.
Oct 27, 2014 by Brian Feely
votes
English for N.American units. HK may be different.
Jul 22, 2014 by Gordon
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers