5.0 out of 5 stars These lights bring the sunlight to my yard at night
Published on December 7, 2010 by OxygenMM

1.0 out of 5 stars Bulbs never last and slow to light up
Published 20 months ago by D. Kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars These lights bring the sunlight to my yard at night, December 7, 2010
This review is from: CFL Compact Fluorescent 23W PAR38 Outdoor Lights - 4-Pack
I love these bulbs. I can't find them anywhere locally only online and at amazon. When I turn these lights on they take about a minute or so to reach full brightness but wow they light the whole yard up - it is so bright it brings the sunlight out in my small yard. I also have these in the front yard that come on from dusk to dawn so about 12 hr. day these lights are on and after 1 year of use they have yet to burn out. These lights definetly put out between 100w-120w of light and use only 23w of electricity. I would definetly buy again & recommend to friends.

UPDATE: 1 year after I made this review - my bulbs still work I haven't had to replace them which is amazing considering my front lights are on 12hrs/day. I HIGHLY recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bulbs never last and slow to light up, November 24, 2012
This review is from: CFL Compact Fluorescent 23W PAR38 Outdoor Lights - 4-Pack
Purchased these both from Costco and Sam's club for about the same price. We replaced over 25 incandescants bulbs with these in our can and outside flood lights at house when the incandescants needed replaceing. The Feit Electric CFL 23w indoor/outdoor bulbs constanly go out before there stated 2 year 10k hour warranty. Since we have so many, we would have one or two go out a month, to keep track we started putting the install date on the bulb to keep track. Rarely we will have one last a year, most go out within 6 months. So much for the 2 year warranty. Sam's club won't return them for exchange, they tell us to contact Feit Electric for warranty. Luckly Costco will take them back and exchange for a new box of them witout any problems. Looking to find a better quality bulb or eventually a LED bulb when we get tired switching them out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product good; Amazon's packing bad, September 25, 2012
This review is from: CFL Compact Fluorescent 23W PAR38 Outdoor Lights - 4-Pack
The quality of the CFL floodlights seems good, and they do fit in the Heath-Zenith SL-5411-GR twin floodlight fixture, so I rated the product "5 stars".

But the packaging was bad. It arrived with one of the four CFL floodlights broken. The CFL 4-light package had been placed in a large shipping carton along with two other items, but there was no padding placed between the items or at the sides and top of the shipping carton. So during shipping, predictably, the items hit against each other (and other packages).

Amazon's on-line return process works well; and in this case, they paid the return shipping. Nevertheless, it's disappointing to find a mess like that, and inconvenient to be forced to deal with re-packaging a damaged item and getting it to the shipper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for outdoor use, June 28, 2013
R. Shear (Fairfax, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CFL Compact Fluorescent 23W PAR38 Outdoor Lights - 4-Pack
We have outdoor lighting at our community pool house and we have had difficultly finding good outdoor fluorescent lights. These work really well and have a very long lifespan. We went from changing traditional bulbs multiple times a year to changing these every couple of years. They put out a bright light and illuminate the surrounding area well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dont last very long, May 26, 2013
This review is from: CFL Compact Fluorescent 23W PAR38 Outdoor Lights - 4-Pack
I have these on my porch and they are lit all night long. They are bright enough and are a pleasing color, but they started burning out after ~1 year. I expected longer.

3.0 out of 5 stars does the job, only time will tell about how long they last, April 25, 2013
This review is from: CFL Compact Fluorescent 23W PAR38 Outdoor Lights - 4-Pack
One bulb of four had something loose in it softly rattling when handled, and I was afraid it wouldn't work (the packaging showed some minor dings and that bulb had clearly moved around a little in its retail pack, and the internal elements of that bulb were clearly not aligned relative to the distance from the bulb shield with as much space). I installed that bulb presuming it was most likely to have problems but now a week after with nightly usage of several hours each time it is working OK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Energy saving indoor/outdoor use, December 25, 2012
This review is from: CFL Compact Fluorescent 23W PAR38 Outdoor Lights - 4-Pack
Each bulb uses 23 watts and produces 100 watts of light. Lasts five times longer then incandescent bulbs and better for our environment. Costco has a better price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit exterior lights perfectly, January 30, 2012
This review is from: CFL Compact Fluorescent 23W PAR38 Outdoor Lights - 4-Pack
Replaced my Flood lights with these. They take a bit to "heat up" and get to full brightness, but they fit perfectly and save a good amount of energy. The heat up time is about 30 seconds so it's not too long. If you are looking for instant on at full brightness you'll have to go LED.

1.0 out of 5 stars cfl compact florecent bulbs, February 15, 2012
This review is from: CFL Compact Fluorescent 23W PAR38 Outdoor Lights - 4-Pack
I must say that the shipping and packaging of the product was like always a1a, but I cany say the same for the blubs themselves I have turn them on twice for less than four hours and two out of the four are blown out, not even the worst light bulb last this little.

3.0 out of 5 stars A floodlight - not a spotlight, June 27, 2011
This review is from: CFL Compact Fluorescent 23W PAR38 Outdoor Lights - 4-Pack
I've been looking for a CFL housed in an outdoor PAR38 floodlight/spotlight housing. Technically this is it, but it should be clear that this is a floodlight and not a spotlight. If you want a controlled beam such as an incandescent PAR38 gives, this is not it. The problem with this bulb and the others that I have tried is that the end of the CFL sticks out past the reflector portion of the bulb. What this means is that the CFL emits light from all sides instead of being contained within the reflector. I've been trying (and failing) to find a CFL housed in a reflector housing that would let me direct the light more carefully. Yes, this bulb is PAR38 in size (and is waterproof), but it fails in function if you are trying to get a controlled beam. Instead, it will throw light in pretty much all directions except directly behind it. You may not care about this, but if you are looking for a CFL spot this is not it.

PS - one of the four bulbs in my order was broken....the outer housing was fine but the CFL inside was in pieces.

Rate and Discover Movies