Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

86%
14%

on May 19, 1999
This CD is a compilation of some of the Mercury recordings of "Together", "Friends & Love" and "Land of Make Believe" concerts that Chuck did in the late 60's, early 70's. He had a full orchestra (usually the Rochester, NY Philharmonic) plus a supporting cast of outstanding Jazz musicians and the audiences were live (mostly at the Eastman Theatre in Rochester). Ester Satterfield does the vocals on some of the tracks. WHAT A VOICE!
Hill Where the Lord Hides won a Grammy and gave him national attention. Legend of the One Eyed Sailor is an incredible piece. The recording of "Land of Make Believe" has a ton of energy and Chuck's solo really flows.
The guy is a musical genious and this CD (in my opinion) is a sampling of some the best he has to offer. I would have selected some different charts for the album from this period but something is better than nothing! The music was and still is some of the most moving and unique stuff that I have ever heard. I wish that Mercury would re-release "Together" and "Friends" cause the grooves in my records are gone!
on February 28, 2006
I originally listened to this album in the late '80's and it's always been in my top list of most listened to albums. the energy and musicanship of every track is just amazing.

This is the first CM album I bought (on a whim). After hearing this I've bought others & it provides a good introduction to the music of CM.
on March 8, 2015
I had this on a cassette until it was no longer playable due to tape damage and no player to play it on. I loved all of the tracks. I missed all the tracks especially Look to the Children. New to Amazon I was elated to find this on CD. Great selection for any Chuck Mangione fans and anyone who want a great Jazz experience. Many hours of great listening. Thanks ever so much.
on September 2, 2013
This is basically the same as the Encore album that came out years ago. I had it on cassette and couldn't find it on CD but someone told me that this is the same.
on May 31, 2015
Was very glad to be able to get ahold of this on cd.
on December 9, 2014