Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Compact Micro Holographic Reflex Red Dot 2 MOA Combat Sight Mini
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 25, 2013
This sight rated a bit low overall from Amazon reviewers, and that almost made me skip it. I'm glad I didn't. I've mounted it on my daughter's GSG-522, and she loves it.

It came packed in a simple box, with lots of foam padding. It included the sight, a plastic cover, a fine screwdriver, an Allen wrench, basic instructions, a lens cleaner, and a wheel dial for making adjustments. The sight and it's picatinny base were one unit, but they can be separated for replacing the battery.

Mounting to a standard picatinny rail was a pain - the base is just cut a tad too small on the claw bottom to fit easily. It can be done with patience, effort, and foul language. Once on, make sure it's where you want it, or you'll have to go through it all again.

The sight has two settings for the red dot. The smaller dot is about 2 MOA, which starts looking a bit big as the range increases. Since we're only shooting .22s out to about 50 meters, no problem. Center of mass target hits and ringing steel are easy. However, hitting a coke can sized object is really hard, so "plinking" targets are best at a lot closer distances, say 15-25 meters. Precision shooting (say, scoring bullseyes and points) is darn near impossible because the dot obscures the target. Also, depending on the weapon, the sight may be mounted a bit too high to co-witness with the front/rear iron sights. On the GSG, you can't see the standard sights. On an AR style platform you may be OK.

The larger dot is supposed to be 4 MOA, but it seems larger. In fact, it's so big, we decided to just not use it for anything. It's not really a "low-light" option, as it has the same visual intensity as the smaller dot.

Adjustments for zeroing involved sliding the dial onto the small screwdriver so that you had a visual reference for making adjustments. The screwdriver has to be forced through the small hole in the dial, and it's not easy. The dial is OK, but really not as accuate or useful as the makers like to have it sound. I would recommend just using the screwdriver without the dial, especially for final adjustments.

After zeroing, it was shooting time. All the effort to mount and zero the sight were worth it. I did not lock-tite the set screws after zeroing, but after 1,000 rounds they still have not shifted the sight's zero. Maybe it's because we're using .22, and a larger claiber will knock them loose from recoil, but for us no problems. Using the GSG, both my younger kids can rapid fire with both eyes open, placing 9 and 10 ring hits with 20+ rounds at 15-50 meters. They can hit tin cans at 15-20 meters, and ding steel out to 75 meters. I think that's a pretty good evaluation of the sight.

I rated it a 4 out of 5 because it did take more effort than normal to mount the sight, and that the smaller dot was really bigger than it ought to be for doing any type of precsion shooting. However, if all you want to do is hit the target, and not worry about precision, then this sight is excellent and I'd recommend it.
on October 3, 2013
This was used on a .22LR target pistol to aid in sighting with aging eyes. While it took a while to sight in, once it was done, it held position pretty well, even after hundreds of rounds. However, around 500 rounds, it started getting intermittent. Replacing the battery did not help, but eventually we found that the screws holding the top to bottom were slightly loose. Once those were tightened up, it started working again. However, we needed to resight-in the dot.
on November 15, 2014
For the money....Do it. The Red Dot is not top of the line. Little blur under red dot, not horrible. I'm grading on a price scale b/c you get what you pay for. Ran 150 rounds through it today, and it didn't need to be retightened or resighted. Shooting a Draco with the SB47 Attachment. Again For the money it's a good decision...oh and I didn't get my "FREE ACID TACTICAL DECAL WITH EVERY ORDER!!" Order arrive in 3 days. Over my experience has been an A.
on April 12, 2013
Very small, fits my intended application to a T (22 handgun). Has on off switch unlike many higher priced reflex sites. 2 dot brightness settings. Only reason I didn't rte it higher as have had limited use to date to test durability (1' of snow still on ground).
Fraction of the cost of similar optics.
on May 11, 2013
Put this on a Beretta Neos .22 and it works great. Only complaint is it appears I will have to remove it from the rail to replace the battery, which will require sighting it in again. Other than that, it works great! Too bad there are no clicks on the adjustment screws, which would make it easier to sight in, but the system with the dial works well enough.
on March 14, 2016
This little sucker is on our 22-A1 rimfire pistol. Zeroed it in, and it's held perfectly through thousands of rounds.

Not a Vortex or Leupold, but is great entry level red dot. Hard to beat the price!
on April 26, 2013
I have this mounted on a 45 degree add on rail on my M&P 15-22 so with just quick tilt I can go from the scope to this for varying ranges while small game hunting, it helps that it's half the size of other holo sights and even has a decent dot in it too not just a reflection of bright red pregnant Volkswagon (or two)
on May 18, 2013
Highly recommended. Put this on my 870 with Sure Shot stock. Not only does it look cool (Diane won't like it), but I took it to the range yesterday and it was right on. Shot less than a box of shells but it works great, no problem going off target so far. Buy it!
on April 1, 2013
I don't like the way it sits on the rail... it seems to not fit flat or level really.... it works! I actually losened the allen screws and shimmed it up under the low side. Also wished they could do away with the chrome parts that are visible near the switch.
on January 21, 2015
Product came used and scratched red dot was huge not 2moa and there was a vertical line above the dot...also all screws where stripped..the only thing that worked properly in the box was the battery and Allen wrench thats about it...i kmow everyone says it and i should have listened....just save your money and get something better