Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 28, 2009 10:17:30 PM PDT
Does a companion CD come with the Kindle version?

Posted on Feb 21, 2010 3:12:27 AM PST
ZzRoo says:
I have a related question. I understand physical CD is shipped with physical book orders only.
What about Kindle orders? Is content of the CD available through a download?

Posted on Jul 21, 2010 3:23:33 AM PDT
I asked that question to Amazon. The answer is no.

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 1:23:48 PM PST
If no companion CDs are offered in Kindle books that have that on the cover, where is the "small print" or a note somewhere that states "no companion cd" or "alternate download site"..??

Posted on Jan 15, 2011 4:46:24 PM PST
Gilraenn says:
I agree, since nothing is said in the product description, I just assumed we'd get a cd, however I was wrong. My cd only came with the hardcover book, and I have to get that as its a musical book, and there are musical examples described in the book I do need to hear.

of: How Music Works: The Science and Psychology of Beautiful Sounds, from Beethoven to the Beatles and Beyond [Kindle Edition]

Posted on Apr 1, 2011 12:18:15 PM PDT
Shopazon says:
This IS a scary concept..I just got a nice shiny 3G kindle for Christmas, and I thought how cool it would be to begin studying the (inexpensive) Kindle edition of Berklee Music Theory. I imagined myself lying back after an evening of practicing to absorb all the necessary tools for my musical goals on this sleek piece of plastic!......But NO CD?! Isn't that like, half the book? Zzroo nailed it(in his comment). They should provide mp3 tracks to go along with your download. Audio examples are Sooooo important for music education! Thanks for listening.

Posted on May 10, 2012 8:59:24 AM PDT
Clebert says:
Amazon should provide a service to download companion CDs for kindle books that have CDs. even if you do that part on a computer.

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 10:45:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 27, 2012 10:46:42 AM PDT
Agree 100 percent! Amazon is ... in effect..... stealing by making the claim they are provding you with a book and in fact it is only part of the book. It seems that it would make sense that including the CD content as part of the kindle service is a "no brainer".... Mostly I like the kindle concept ... but... stealing is stealing... they either need to the customer that kindle edition is only part of the book... or... .provide all the book... they are Amazon... they can figure this out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 7:02:28 PM PDT
I totaly agree

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 11:32:17 AM PDT
I will try to return a langage book I just bought in kindle edition. Makes no sense without the audio exercices...:-(

Posted on May 7, 2013 5:33:43 PM PDT
Completely agree - there is no excuse for stripping multimedia content from the electronic versions of books. Any reasons for doing that must have to do with rights management, but not technology: it is no rocket science to deliver mp3's to playback devices.
Maybe a nice little lawsuit is in order to convince Amazon to do what's right?

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 2:09:46 PM PDT
JASON says:
I'm in the same boat with a language learning book. This ought to be a "No Brainer".

Posted on Dec 15, 2014 2:02:22 AM PST
how am i supposed to follow the book when it refers to the content on the CD. Amazon should return the money. completely useless
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Oct 28, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
High Probability Trading Strategies: Entry to Exit Tactics for the Forex, Futures, and Stock Markets
High Probability Trading Strategies: Entry to Exit Tactics for the Forex, Futures, and Stock Markets by Robert C. Miner (Hardcover - October 20, 2008)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (137)