| Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor is the stand alone -- meaning it doesn't require an earlier game version -- expansion to the 2006 Game of the Year winner and highest rated Real-Time Strategy (RTS) franchise Company of Heroes. Featuring new campaigns to overcome, units to command, and battlefields to conquer, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor delivers evolved gameplay mechanics and three episodic adventures containing 9 new missions, 3 new multiplayer modes, and new abilities to master. Three Stories in One Game |
Since the beginning of the Company of Heroes franchise, the stories that it has told have been born of the game's unique and engaging RTS experience. Focused on historically based, intense, small-scale WWII combat rather than the mega battles set in sci-fi or fantasy game worlds that are common to most RTS games, this allows players to experience both the fruits and follies of their battlefield decisions on an intimate level as they truly become part of the story. This approach to storytelling is taken even further in three separate single player campaigns built into Tales of Valor. Set during the historical battles following the Allied invasion of Europe on D-Day, these three -- Tiger Ace, Causeway and Falaise Pocket -- illustrate the struggles of both individual German and Allied squads from both the perspective of tank commanders and crew and field soldiers. Each campaign contains three missions, allowing players to immerse themselves in the gameplay and get to know their squadmates. New Multiplayer Vehicles and Modes
In addition to its single player campaigns, Company of Heroes also features significant new multiplayer functionality. The first example of this are the variety of vehicles that players will have access to in multiplayer modes. These include, but are not limited to, the 'Schwimmwagon' an German amphibious vehicle used for reconnaissance missions and enemy troop harassment; the Hellcat, a sturdy Allied plane valuable in battling tanks from above; and the Kangaroo, a heavily armored, British troop carrier. The game also contains three new multiplayer modes which utilize both Allied and Axis forces. 'Stonewall' mode is a co-op mode where players work together to fend off invasion as they struggle to keep a town from falling under enemy control. 'Assault' mode challenges players to push the limits of the front line as they choose a unit, battle opposing enemy units and attempt to destroy the opposition's headquarters. And finally, 'Panzerkrieg' is an all out arcade style tank battle where every unit is out for itself. Direct Fire Control
As an extension of Company of Heroes' focus on small-scale, but intense combat, Tales of Valor features a new optional targeting system known as 'Direct Fire.' Through this players can target exact spots on tanks or other vehicles, specific areas of the battlefield or even individual soldiers within a unit. This ultra specific targeting system allows players to get even closer to the action than in previous games, yet is toggle based, making it is easy for players to return to standard firing as you choose. 'Direct Fire' is available in all single player campaigns, as well as the 'Panzerkrieg' multiplayer mode. Key Game Features:
- 3 Immersive Storylines - Take command of key soldiers and experience how they helped turn the tide of battle in some of the most historic clashes of World War II.
- Episode 1: Tiger Ace - Control Tiger Tank Ace Hauptmann Voss’s highly decorated Tigergruppen against the British 7th Armored Division on D-Day in one of the most famous tank battles of WWII.
- Episode 2: Causeway - Command an American Paratrooper Company in the hours following the initial D-day landings.
- Episode 2: Falaise Pocket - Command the Wehrmacht Army as your soldiers try and hold off the advancing Allied army.
- Direct Fire Control - Not only can the player’s tactical and strategic decisions influence the battle, but players also directly control units on the battlefield. Players will aim, fire, and maneuver in real-time to capitalize on the changing battle conditions.
- New Combat Units - New infantry and vehicles such as the Schwimmwagen and Hellcat will be available. The Schwimmwagen is an amphibious, all-wheel drive off-road vehicle while the Hellcat, a sturdy Allied plane is valuable in battling tanks from above.
- Conquer New Territory - New maps based on famous battles such as Villers-Bocage will be available for competitive players in the online battlefield.
- 3 New Multiplayer Modes - New multiplayer modes to experience with your friends. Become a tank commander and square off in Panzerkrieg, choose a hero unit and join the battle to push back enemy lines in Assault, or team up and defend against waves of attackers in Stonewall.
- 8 Person Multiplayer Support - Game features 2-8 person multiplayer support via LAN or the Internet.
| || Minimum Specifications: |
|OS: ||Windows XP SP2/Windows Vista SP1 |
|Processor: ||SSE capable processor, 2.0 GHz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent or AMD Athlon XP or equivalent |
|RAM: ||512MB XP / 1GB Vista |
|Graphics: ||DirectX 9.0c compatible 64 MB video card with Pixel Shader 1.1 support or equivalent and latest |
|Sound: ||DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card |
|DVD-ROM: ||DVD-ROM drive |
|Network: ||Broadband Internet connection for online play |
|Input: ||Mouse, keyboard |