4.0 out of 5 stars Great for All-in-One
If you are looking at a all-in-one product for home use, compaq a4000 is ideal. I have been using it for the last 6 months and it works great. The printing is good. The scanner is perfect. Copier and fax are just working fine.
Published on September 3, 2002 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer - Worst Software Implementation Ever!
This is a great multi-function printer. The printing, faxing, and scanning all work great. The problem comes when you hook it up to the computer and install the Compaq provided software. The software is incredibly buggy, and neither compaq nor hp has taken the time to batch any of the bugs or offer new drivers.
I would hold off on this product until they release...
Published on December 8, 2002 by Daniel Bestor

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer - Worst Software Implementation Ever!, December 8, 2002
Daniel Bestor (Westboro, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Compaq A4000 All-in-One Printer (Office Product)
I would hold off on this product until they release improved driver support.
NOTE: I'm running Windows2000, you may or may not have more luck in WinXP.

1.0 out of 5 stars nightmare compaq a4000, April 15, 2003
This review is from: Compaq A4000 All-in-One Printer (Office Product)
Not even a year ago I purchased my compaq a4000 all in one fax printer scanner..Its simply a night mare and the tech support has been just as bad..The replacement ink cartridges cost 70 dollars.Take my advice and buy a fax machine and a decent flatbed scanner and simple printer.I guarantee you won;t be shedding as many tears as me.
I am willing to give this piece of junk away to the first person who asks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for All-in-One, September 3, 2002
Amazon Customer "tonymanoj" (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Compaq A4000 All-in-One Printer (Office Product)
The only disadvantage I see is the loading tray for scanning and copying, its little difficult to handle and is limited to size and thickness of the paper.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's an All-in-One!, June 14, 2004
This review is from: Compaq A4000 All-in-One Printer (Office Product)
I haven't had any problems although it may be a little louder than most printers - it isn't compared to most all-in-one's I've heard. Great buy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Compaq A4000 printer, March 14, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Compaq A4000 All-in-One Printer (Office Product)
This is basically a good printer but it will not do all that is claimed for it, namely, scanning can be done only one page at a time. It can scan into "pictures" then accessed by your word processor. but it requires editing for corrections. I used it with Windows XP Home Edition. Technical support from Compaq was not always correct. But a replacement was promptly provided when I had trouble with the first one. It is slow to respond and somewhat noisy in operation.

Compaq A4000 All-in-One Printer