4.0 out of 5 stars Great machine!
Although this laptop is older than I thought yet it performs like a brand new one. I bought it to send over sea in my country where they will appreciate it even more since there is always a lack of technology.
Published 12 months ago by elick

3.0 out of 5 stars Had Better!
No shipping problems,so one plus. The "space" bar sticks, of course thats very annoying (get what you pay for). There was an error msg "not genuine software" which is very common with Microsoft Vista, however the vendor should have included a note and the best way to resolve. Only of course if they desire repeat business!!!
Published on September 3, 2012 by MJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Had Better!, September 3, 2012
This review is from: HP Compaq NC8430 15.4" Laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz, 60GB Hard Drive, 1024Mb RAM, DVD Drive, XP Profesional) (Personal Computers)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great machine!, December 8, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, July 9, 2013
I bought this for a friend and he love it. It is nice for playing windows XP games like football manager 2008

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, September 30, 2013
Upon arrival, the battery would not hold a charge and the unit had to remain plugged into A/C power. I contacted the seller and they immediately sent out a replacement battery which also did not hold a charge and had to remain on A/C power. About a month ago (the system was only 7 months old) it began to power off after becoming extremely hot on the underside (I am assuming a fan issue of some type).The system was slow and any type of graphics or interactive items would only partially load. Websites were slow to load, gaming sites, just about anything took some time and even then, loading was only partial. Some of my classes required graphics, videos, etc and I had better luck on my smart phone than I did this laptop at accessing them.

Just last night the system died. I received an error message about not being able to write to the disk and would prompt me to CTRL+ALT+DEL to continue, and would just continuously repeat the cycle. So here I am, with a laptop about 6-7 months old that I cannot use and am going to buy a new one later today since I must have one for schooling requirements. It has been a complete waste of 200+ dollars for something that only lasted 7 months.